• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Crashing and not able to conect to live feed

Started by pizzlecmt, September 09, 2017, 09:17:02 PM

pizzlecmt

hi everyone, i recently have started having problems with my radio dj
yesterday it started going blank and grey
so today i reinstalled it and since then i have not been able to connect to the shoutcast server or even do a couple off actions without it crashing .
can somebody please help me
kind regards

FreerunMedia

Quote from: pizzlecmt on September 09, 2017, 09:17:02 PM
hi everyone, i recently have started having problems with my radio dj
yesterday it started going blank and grey
so today i reinstalled it and since then i have not been able to connect to the shoutcast server or even do a couple off actions without it crashing .
can somebody please help me
kind regards

It would be helpfull if you give us some more information. What OS you use, what encoder for shoutcast, what shoutcast version ( Shoutcast stream V1 or V2 )

First things to check, is .NET installed? Is the database up and running? ( Use MariaDB for the best results ) Portforwarding. Does RadioDJ has admin rights and is it installed in the root of the C:\ drive?
Running 3 editions V1.8.2 at www.salto.nl and v1.8.2 at radio251.nl. ( NOW with 2 live studio's! )

Pizzle

Quote from: FreerunMedia on September 10, 2017, 12:46:43 PM
It would be helpfull if you give us some more information. What OS you use, what encoder for shoutcast, what shoutcast version ( Shoutcast stream V1 or V2 )

First things to check, is .NET installed? Is the database up and running? ( Use MariaDB for the best results ) Portforwarding. Does RadioDJ has admin rights and is it installed in the root of the C:\ drive?

i am currently using windows 7
with radio dj 1.82
and im on shoutcast but because the stream id is too high (over 100000) i have to use the v1 way
but when i was updating my system i have been unable to get the connection back .
radio has admin right and is in the c:\ drive

FreerunMedia

Quote from: Pizzle on September 13, 2017, 04:20:32 PM

i am currently using windows 7
with radio dj 1.82
and im on shoutcast but because the stream id is too high (over 100000) i have to use the v1 way
but when i was updating my system i have been unable to get the connection back .
radio has admin right and is in the c:\ drive

Ok well as far as i know, various stream hosters are dropping the shoutcast V1 version. Now this could be a reason but the other thing could be that the firewall is holding the outgoing stream. You can check it the "dangerous" way by disabling the firewall.
Running 3 editions V1.8.2 at www.salto.nl and v1.8.2 at radio251.nl. ( NOW with 2 live studio's! )

Pizzle

Quote from: FreerunMedia on September 13, 2017, 05:03:11 PM
Ok well as far as i know, various stream hosters are dropping the shoutcast V1 version. Now this could be a reason but the other thing could be that the firewall is holding the outgoing stream. You can check it the "dangerous" way by disabling the firewall.

i dont think its my firewall as i have now taken it down and nothing has changed but my winamp works aswell so im no longer sure of what it could be, as i stated previously it was working with v1 until the other day during a update

Pizzle

Quote from: FreerunMedia on September 13, 2017, 05:03:11 PM

after going through so more checks i believe it is the the v1 is no longer working.
i tried v2 but my stream id is higher than 100000
when i attempted v2 it went to start and was on the stop sign but v1 didnt even start.
so is there any encoders i can get for v1 for 2 different streams ?

rkriggs

Which streaming server (service) are you using?

Randy

ricky

can i just say you had a problem with radio dj and you reinstalled it ????? then the problems with the encoder started  so i think it may be an idea to role back to a instal point in win 7 before the problems were there see if it works as before you say it now crashes all the time so have you restarted the sql ???? on the new install

DJ Garybaldy

I'm intrigued as to what Encoder plugin this user is using....

If its A******T then he's barking up the wrong tree as that isn't supported

I get a feeling he needs to get another encoding program that supports Stream ID's higher than 100000

Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

FreerunMedia

Might be but i am using the "RadioDJ" stream plugin and indeed you see a "stop" button. Now this means the server is running! So if this is the case, when you see a green "play" button, the stream is not started. You see the red square, the stream is running. You can allways check that by checking your stream.