• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Pitch Plugin

Started by roy, October 23, 2017, 09:07:54 AM

roy

Hi There,

I'm new to this forum and I've started to test RadioDJ for a few months to see if it can replace our current SAMBC installation.
We have been using SAMBC for many years and the PAL scripting is what makes the use of it very hard. And also the yearly license is a pain but
thats another story.

At this moment were still struggling with 2 things:

1. Broadcast plugin
As the A******t plugin isn't available anymore and there are no decent alternatives I've currently audio mapped and currently test streaming
with BUTT.
This isn't a really stable option. Is it known if there will be an alternative for A******t so it isn't possible to use additional software for streaming?

2. Pitch plugin
Although the topic starter on this topic http://www.radiodj.ro/community/index.php?topic=8140.0 got a alot of resistance in his request
the vote "Yes" did won eventually.
As we play EDM music where pitching is quite normal, I wanted to reiniate this request.
Is it possible to reconsider in building a Pitch in RadioDJ preferably via a Plugin (to automate)?

Furthermore I'm very happy with the software it runs very stable and the possibilities are endless.
Thanks a lot and have an awesome day!

DJ Garybaldy

Its been said many a time by the developer

RadioDJ is just a program for playing music through rather than a "Mixing" program therefore it doesn't require a pitch control,

You really need to look at other software if you really need the pitch control for certain songs.

Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

PROducer

Quote from: roy on October 23, 2017, 09:07:54 AM1. Broadcast plugin
As the A******t plugin isn't available anymore and there are no decent alternatives I've currently audio mapped and currently test streaming
with BUTT.
This isn't a really stable option. Is it known if there will be an alternative for A******t so it isn't possible to use additional software for streaming?
Try the RadioDJ Plugin by Marius.
Quote2. Pitch plugin
Although the topic starter on this topic http://www.radiodj.ro/community/index.php?topic=8140.0 got a alot of resistance in his request
the vote "Yes" did won eventually.
As we play EDM music where pitching is quite normal, I wanted to reiniate this request.
Is it possible to reconsider in building a Pitch in RadioDJ preferably via a Plugin (to automate)?
If you're thinking of automating beat mixing, it'll never work... feed a DJ software (Serato/Traktor, etc.) through RadioDJ instead, and have a live person mixing.

roy

Thank you both for your replies. I will try the RadioDJ plugin by Marius for streaming.

I'm not looking for mixing software nor do I want to read the BPM or beatmatch.

I just want to Pitch playing tracks max 2% and preferably control it via events, the same we currently do in SAM + Pal script.

We do this to for the vibe on the radio and not to gain extra time or other reasons.

roy

Quote from: PROducer on October 23, 2017, 08:32:53 PM
Try the RadioDJ Plugin by Marius.If you're thinking of automating beat mixing, it'll never work... feed a DJ software (Serato/Traktor, etc.) through RadioDJ instead, and have a live person mixing.
Thanks, I tried the RadioDJ plugin by Marius but couldn't get the encoders started properly.
So I continued to investigate with other software.
First installed virtual cable and tried with BUTT which works but isn't stable for 24/7 applications as it has a habit of reconnecting every X hours (in my case around 24 hours)
Then I tried Simplecast which seems to be the proper way to go for a stable connection to the stream servers.
Have been streaming for over a week without issues.

However, for us to leave SAM we need to pitch the tracks as else it will change the listening experience on our station.
Therefor I really hope Marius would reconsider implementing a pitch plugin.
Not everyone needs this option as I understand from the reactions but for EDM it is not strange to pitch tracks.

Also I wanted to say that I learned alot from this community and supporting websites like gary and jhonny, GJ guys!

steelangelopera

I think what the guys are trying to say is you're mixing up two different concepts. Beat matching tracks isn't what being a radio dj is about. It's about being able to make people feel good and find the time to input corporate required audio as well. Not all DJ's are EDM, I for example mix like a classic FM radio station. Song here, ad there. Occasional spots and station identifiers. Once in a while a motivational message or Ad Council material.

They're different than just playing a song. You can't mix a geico commercial over a mix, especially if there's some super high pitched whistle going on in it. I mean, I guess you could if you really wanted to.... That's a lot of extra work though.

I like this software because it's development is geared more towards traditional radio concepts. I hated using virtual DJ and SAM was tolerable. This looks really promising for my needs and I want to see how it develops.

roy

Quote from: steelangelopera on November 13, 2017, 05:11:28 AM
I think what the guys are trying to say is you're mixing up two different concepts. Beat matching tracks isn't what being a radio dj is about. It's about being able to make people feel good and find the time to input corporate required audio as well. Not all DJ's are EDM, I for example mix like a classic FM radio station. Song here, ad there. Occasional spots and station identifiers. Once in a while a motivational message or Ad Council material.

They're different than just playing a song. You can't mix a geico commercial over a mix, especially if there's some super high pitched whistle going on in it. I mean, I guess you could if you really wanted to.... That's a lot of extra work though.

I like this software because it's development is geared more towards traditional radio concepts. I hated using virtual DJ and SAM was tolerable. This looks really promising for my needs and I want to see how it develops.
Thanks, I'm aware what a radio dj is about and I don't want to mix/beatmatch or in any other way read the BPM. I'm not a DJ but a tech guy. We have DJs and gear for that purpose ;)

The radio were this feature is needed exists for more than 10 years and what I want to achieve is to pitch the tracks as we also broadcast sets (~60 minutes) which I don't want to be pitched.

I agree that Radio DJ is great software and hope that we can make the step in the future to broadcast using this software.

steelangelopera

The way of traditional radio is a dying art... :'(

FreerunMedia

A very easy solution, little time consuming but than it works like a charm for the people who want to have 3 seconds more Airplay on a track ;-) Just edit the track. Uppitch 2% and save it. Import in RadioDJ and you know the BPM, it is uppitched as the hit radiostations want and it is that way each time a track is playing. Otherwise i don;t know how it should be done other than spending 20.000 euro or dollar on an radio automation software.
Running 3 editions V1.8.2 at www.salto.nl and v1.8.2 at radio251.nl. ( NOW with 2 live studio's! )

reaz

This would be a really nice feature.  I understand that what is needed is the ability to pitch each track as it is being played  a certain percentage and not have the track be modified. 

+1 for this feature if this is possible.

oldiesradio

Song pitching is a U.S. broadcast standard going back to 60s Top 40. Was very prevalent with 80s CHRs. The oldies station in Cleveland I worked at in the 90s we pitched the Denon CD players up 1.5% - which btw is the perfect percentage.

NexGen, Station Playlist, Wide Orbit, and Zetta (Nexgen heir) all have music pitch capability.

Pitching the music slightly gives duller songs are pep and overall gives the station more pep.

Key is to only pitch music. Nothing else.

RDJ also needs to add actual Voicetracking capabilities like SPL. Then it would be the top Automation system to rival SPL and even Zetta and WO.
FUN Music of the 50s, 60s & 70s!
www.NorthCoastsGreatestHits.com