Author Topic: My desktop thinks it's a laptop.  (Read 146 times)

Jhonny

• Personal Text
    Peace, enjoy life.it's over before you've lived it
    • Jhonny's RadioDJ tutorials.
My desktop thinks it's a laptop.
« on: August 09, 2018, 05:10:45 PM »
My desktop thinks it's a laptop  :hihi:

So no longer win 10 auto updates and messing with my settings or stopping rdj from playing  8) .

If i like to update, it must be by hand  :) .
HOW  :huh: .
Pretend your internet connection has a data limit

You can also pretend your internet connection has a data limit in Windows 10.
But beware: This only works when your computer has a Wi-Fi connection.
It does not work for an Ethernet connection.

(I have a Ethernet connection and works to)

Go to Settings> Network and Internet and open the Wi-Fi tab.
Choose Advanced Options and set the switch to Set as connection to data limit to On.
Windows 10 now thinks that your internet connection has a data limit, and therefore will not download automatic updates.
You have to choose this setting for every Wi-Fi network you connect to.
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler!
I don't do drugs, I do tuts. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) visit https://dj-jhonny.nl

FreerunMedia

• Personal Text
    Proud user of RadioDJ
    • Radio 251 , Gewoon gezellig
Re: My desktop thinks it's a laptop.
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2018, 10:58:01 AM »
 :hihi: :D :ok: Or the other best thing, don't install W10, step away from it as far as possible while pulling a cable to the detenationbox 5km down the field. Connect up the cables and perform a countdown. When you hit 0 you press the button and W10 will go out with a bang! :D Than, install W7 and all your problems are gone  :hihi:
Running 3 editions V1.8.2 at www.salto.nl and v1.8.2 at radio251.nl. ( NOW with 2 live studio's! )

Calypso

Re: My desktop thinks it's a laptop.
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 06:48:35 PM »
:hihi: :D :ok: Or the other best thing, don't install W10, step away from it as far as possible while pulling a cable to the detenationbox 5km down the field. Connect up the cables and perform a countdown. When you hit 0 you press the button and W10 will go out with a bang! :D Than, install W7 and all your problems are gone  :hihi:

Yeah, we now know that you are not a Windows 10 fan. But realise that support voor Windows 7 ends in 1,5 year - no more security updates. For lots of people that's a problem. Also you can't legally buy a new system anymore with Windows 7 or 8 - you may be able to transfer your license (if not an OEM license) from your old system, but there comes a moment that the newer hardware isn't compatible with Windows 7 anymore.

So there are lots of reasons people want to use Windows 10 - maybe not your choice, but with your comments you're almost telling people that they are idiots to use it. Realise that they may be forced to do it, or they are just clever enough to want a supported system.