Author Topic: PlugIn, Search, Song Metadata, Add Data Field named "Chart Position"  (Read 145 times)

stevewa

It would be helpful to add a data field in the songs database table for song metadata info named "Chart Position"

This would be very helpful for Top 40 stations that need to keep track of which songs are in which position in the AllAccess / Billboard / MediaBase charts etc.

When editing a track, the Details tab would have an additional field named "Chart Position"

So in a Top 20 subcategory, you can edit each song and set it's position in the chart for that week.

Then you could build a rotation from SQL, and ORDER BY ChartPostion, i.e. when doing a top 20 countdown show...

In the Search PlugIn settings, you could add that column to the Search Listings view, and sort by that column. (Note, the sort would need to be numeric integer based not text based, so 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 etc  not 1, 11, 12, 13, 2, 3 etc)

And if we can make PlugIns in the future, we could make a plug in to be able to edit the list, using an active grid, like the way a spreadsheet works. Click, edit, save. No popup dialog box needed to edit the values.

Thank you.

Calypso

Re: PlugIn, Search, Song Metadata, Add Data Field named "Chart Position"
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2018, 07:28:47 PM »

It would be helpful to add a data field in the songs database table for song metadata info named "Chart Position"

I understand the idea, but I think it'd be very likely to be expanded way to far in the future. Because, when you want to make a "chart program", you should also have things like "weeks in chart", "chart entered", etc. Also, what chart is it? Even in one country from one chart organisation, you'd have a pop chart, a dance chart, album charts, etc.

What I do is add that kind of information in the Notes field, and if you want to do something with it in a query, do it in "code" and adjust your query for it.

stevewa

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 02:03:51 PM »
notes is too freeform, and some student already use NOTES for metadata about the artist or the track, so they have interesting banter to talk about after a track has played...

maybe the better idea would be to have 5 custom data fields, and you can name each data field, and have them store whatever data you want.

neutralhills

• Personal Text
    Nil sine labore.
    • squirrel.fm
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 03:00:25 PM »
You can use an external product like Music1 to create the countdown playlists and import those into RDJ:

https://music1.pro/docs/Music1LEUserManual.pdf

M1 is pretty flexible. It also imports your RDJ library as an exported CSV.
Squirrel FM : Always playing with our nuts!
www.squirrel.fm
Studio systems running RadioDJ, PlayoutONE, & Rivendell
Flow 8 Deck & PlayIt Cartwall for live mixing and assist.
Remote systems running RadioDJ
Pioneer DDJ-SX control surface.

stevewa

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 08:31:12 PM »
no way, we are already using radiodj, we're not adding more complexity with an external product.

i can simply add the extra database fields to mariadb myself, and probably even write a php script to get the chaet position from billboard.com, and then update the marisdb directly, and also write a sql query to generate a playlist for use in radiodj, for a top 40 countdown show...