Author Topic: RadioJNow  (Read 100 times)

bill

• New User

RadioJNow
« on: November 01, 2018, 08:28:32 PM »
I hope it is OK to post this here.  I am not sure if you dedicate this forum to only RadioDJ For WordPress.  If so move me to whichever forum is correct.

I have put together a simple little WordPress plugin that will display in a Widget or shortcode. It is not as detail as RadioDJ For WordPress. What I have is very simple, it only displays Artist Image and "artist - track".   It cannot be compared to the full RadioDJ plugin it is really just one file less than 500 lines. The zip has the working file and 2 screenshots.

I tried studying the RadioDJ plugin and many WordPress tuts and this is what I came up with.  Hopefully it is well documented. Simply add the plugin through wp-admin or copy to WordPress plugins directory, activate then navigate to wp-admin->settings->RadioDJNow.  It only adds one setting to your WordPress options MySQL table; URL of artist images. If you already have the full RadioDJ plugin installed it grabs all the database settings from WordPress (server, user, password, database name, offline message). If not you will have a form to add them.

It's working with with PHP 7.2 and 5.6. With database 10.1.36-MariaDB. It should work with your setup. If anyone would be interested I will post it here.

bill

• New User

Re: RadioJNow
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 04:07:58 PM »
I can't say in no way that I am a PHP programmer, but to see it working is great.  I now have two WordPress plugins. The purpose is not to replace the RadioDJ for WordPress at all. Both of these plugins are simple by comparison.

What I have done with the RadioDJNow is make a WordPress plugin that will output just the track title - artist as for example Beach Boys - Little Deuce Coup with Widget or shortcode. It also has shortcode and widget that will output an image with track. It works wit or without the RadioDJ for WordPress installed.

It has been pointed out to me that RadioDJ for WordPress does not work with all Webhost without going round and round with provider to allow a port to open and allow communication with RadioDJ through MySQL in studio. Some have no problem with port 3306 etc. where others do.  If you are fortunate to be able to host your WordPress localhost all will work in that setup as well.

For situations where you can't communicate through MySQL is why I have put together a WordPress plugin that works with Now Playing Info Web Export. I am calling it RadioDJ Track Update. For this I have tried to detail in WP Admin how to setup Web Export within RadioDJ and set WordPress to accept the info. This plugin has widgets and shortcodes for current track and current track with Image. It also has a shortcode to list up to last 10 tracks played.

I hope to set up file hosting so both will be easily downloaded.  I think RadioDJ is great sofeware and I hope with all the good it has this in some way can be my contribution back to the project.  If anyone wants to test them out let me know.