Author Topic: Text Output & the Apostrophe  (Read 70 times)

PROducer

  • Sr. Member

  • Offline
  • ****
  • 420
  • Personal Text
    Long Time Radio Guy
    • The Rooster
Text Output & the Apostrophe
« on: November 03, 2018, 05:38:54 PM »
I don't think think this is a Radio DJ issue, but I'm trying to figure out what's going on with songs with an apostrophe in the artist or title.  When I'm adding new music, in iTunes & mp3Tag, my apostrophe's are correct [ ' ] but somewhere along the process, the get changed to either [ ` ] or a combination of about three characters.  Mp3Tag is set to ID3 V2.3 UTF-8.

I just noticed the problem in a song I just played with an apostrophe.  In RDJ database, the apostrophe is correct, the info I send separately to Tune In is correct, but the info in my stream which goes to my player & Radio Toolbox log has the three weird characters. 

My stream encoder is SE Caster, which get's the info from a text file output from the Now Playing Info > File Export plugin? in RDJ.

Is SE Caster the culprit?

PROducer

  • Sr. Member

  • Offline
  • ****
  • 420
  • Personal Text
    Long Time Radio Guy
    • The Rooster
Re: Text Output & the Apostrophe
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 05:44:35 PM »
I just looked at the output list (log) in SE Caster, at the song I just noticed, and the apostrophe listed there is wrong one [ ` ]

In the SE Caster settings, title mode is set to UTF-8 encoding, but there are options to change it to ANSI & Disable.

PROducer

  • Sr. Member

  • Offline
  • ****
  • 420
  • Personal Text
    Long Time Radio Guy
    • The Rooster
Re: Text Output & the Apostrophe
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 05:50:37 PM »
One more thing, I just double-checked my MP3Tag settings, and it is actually set to V2.3 UTF-16.