• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

RadioDJ v.1.6.5.6 Beta Released!

Started by Marius, December 12, 2013, 07:30:15 PM

Marius

For this version, i need a few testers because i'm trying to fix the track repeating issue.
There are a few code improvements, but i would like to be sure that there are no some hidden bugs.

Changes List:

- Implemented loop for main players and cue editor [NEW];
- Improved AutoDJ code;
- Removed played data reset when AutoDJ is unable to pick track from a subcategory to avoid repeating tracks;
- Played artists are now highlighted too in search window [NEW];

HOW TO UPDATE FROM THE LAST VERSION?

METHOD 1

1. Replace all your plugins (.dll files) with the new ones
2. Replace RadioDJ.exe with the new one
3. Replace PluginInterface.dll with the new one

METHOD 2

1. Unzip the new version somewhere on your HDD
2. Delete from the new package the settings files (they are named like settings_XXXXX.xml).
3. Copy all files from the new package over your old files in order to overwrite them.

ALTERNATE METHOD 3

1. Replace all the files with the new ones
2. Customize the settings for the program/plugins

If you choose to update from the previous version, make sure that you replace all .dll and .exe files.

In this version SnowHow's plugins may not work because PluginInterface.dll code was changed and he will need to re-compile the plugins to make them compatible.

The program can be downloaded from the downloads page, under the beta category.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

DJ Garybaldy

I won't have time to start beta testing until at least Saturday.

Busy day with new windows being installed tomorrow which means me moving the Studio PC out for a few hours.  :bash:
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

nemoradio

Still running at Nemo radio ! i will let you know if i find bugs... Thanks marius ! :ok:
www.nemoradio.fr

Vanlen

Hi Marius

Thanks for the latest update as always. Just noticed a bug as after each song plays the search pane high lights ALL songs as have been played for each artist as the rotation plays.   I'm in Slot player view

I updated with method 1

Cheers

[attachment deleted by admin]
Forest Green - Music in Nature's Frequency
www.forestgreenradio.ca

nemoradio

As Marius said:
Quote- Played artists are now highlighted too in search window [NEW];

But i don't like this new feature because in manual mode, if i want to play a track from a recently played artist i don't know what song was played... :-\
www.nemoradio.fr

Marius

I will add the option to let the user set this behavior.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

adrinto

hello marius

continues with the problem if it unexpectedly quit dj radio in case of power failure the pc and it reenicie a 2 hour or 3 hours later does not start with the rotation of music that was scheduled for that time
will reeniciar with the rotation of the music when the wind

reeniciar should have memory for the event and scheduled at this time rotating the time you came back to start ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Dragos

Marius, I have a serious bug that needs to be fixed really urgent. In 1.6.5.4 I reported that some jingles are not inserted in the playlist if I don't select RANDOM on Selection Type in the rotations and uncheck the repeat rules. Yesterday I noticed that no XMAS jingles are being selected in v.1.6.5.5 so I checked the Repeat rules. RDJ still doesn't insert XMAS jingles in AUTODJ and the worst thing is I don't have a workaround for this. In the weekend we relay on RDJ to work as it should.

Please fix this ASAP. I attached the rotations and one hour report of AUTODJ when there's no one in the studio.
Thanks in advance.

P.S. If you would ask me, there is no logical sense in selection type or repeat rules for the Jingles category. Jingles are jingles and should be able to play at any time of day or night wether there are 1, 2, 10 or 100 imported in the category.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Radio is one of the best things that happened to the world.

Vanlen

I let v1.6.5.6 run all night and I found the if a song from an artist say Abba played then all of the 12 songs I have of Abba in the database were highlited red as if they were all played when only one of Abba's songs had actually been played.   Jingles, promos etc performed as normal.  Only high lighted when they had been played and not all Jingles as being played.

Cheers

www.forestgreenradio.ca

Radiobellissima

Quote from: Vanlen on December 13, 2013, 11:25:46 AM
I let v1.6.5.6 run all night and I found the if a song from an artist say Abba played then all of the 12 songs I have of Abba in the database were highlited red as if they were all played when only one of Abba's songs had actually been played.   Jingles, promos etc performed as normal.  Only high lighted when they had been played and not all Jingles as being played.

Cheers

I think it's a new feature that lets you know that ABBA were played, and then the program will repeat the same artist for the period of time determined by you.

Vanlen

:bash:LOL, Oh okay

Thanks for the clarification Radiobellissima

Cheers
www.forestgreenradio.ca

Marius

A new build is available for this beta.

- Changed AutoDJ rotations behaviour for disabled artist/track rules;
- Added option to enable/disable to highlight played artists [NEW];

To update from previous beta, just replace RadioDJ.exe with the new one.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

Vanlen

Hi Marius

Testing beta 2 of 1.6.5.6  and LOVE IT... unhighlighted played artists in options and is now back to the way I like  it when one artists song is played it only shows what's been played  and if ticked will be available to those users that need that feature of all artists being highlighted.  Terrific :cool:

Cheers
www.forestgreenradio.ca

nemoradio

Quote- Added option to enable/disable to highlight played artists [NEW];
Hi Marius !
I updated, but i cannot find where is this option  :huh: Anyway Only recently played songs are highlighted now. Thanks !
www.nemoradio.fr