• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Using RDJ with Live 365

Started by 101daskool, April 06, 2014, 05:57:56 AM

101daskool

Is this possible? Has ANYONE done it? I can't seem to find any info anywhere about how to make it happen. It's driving me nuts. Does anyone know how to access the log file for RDJ? I think that may help... Thank you.

DJ Garybaldy

I believe live 365 have a download from their website that will allow you to stream what is playing in RDJ to their servers.

Other than that you have SAM cast which i believe has live 365 encoders built in but that costs $199.
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

101daskool

Quote from: DJ Garybaldy on April 06, 2014, 09:22:19 AM
I believe live 365 have a download from their website that will allow you to stream what is playing in RDJ to their servers.

Other than that you have SAM cast which i believe has live 365 encoders built in but that costs $199.

Thank you for the reply.

They do have a program called studio365 live which will allow you the option to stream from another automator like RDJ, but I need to also find a way to transmit the metadata to live 365. Connecting just through a line in will only get you playing audio for 5 minutes before the delist you due to no ID3 Info being sent over.

They have a way of allowing you to manually point to a log file (see attachments) but as of right now, I don't know where to find a log file for RDJ... Any thoughts?

[attachment deleted by admin]

jopizz

If you look in c:/NowPlaying.txt that has the current song being played. I'm not sure if you can use that or not.

John

101daskool

Quote from: jopizz on April 06, 2014, 05:29:33 PM
If you look in c:/NowPlaying.txt that has the current song being played. I'm not sure if you can use that or not.

John

I tried that earlier... It didn't work...

SnowHow

After doing a little research, it seems that streaming to Live365 is the same as setting up a Shoutcast server. I found these instructions for setting up Station Playlist to work with their service using the old Oddcast DSP plugin. Since the RadioDJ/A******t encoder setup is the same principle, the instructions should apply (mostly):

If you selected the oddcast DSP option, you can setup your broadcast as followed:

Click on the "Add Encoder" button. This will add an entry into the "Encoder Settings" list, located towards the bottom of this window.
   * Right-click on the newly created entry and click on "Configure".
   * You should see three tabs on this window:
       * Basic Settings:
           1 Under the "Encoder Type", you'll want to select "MP3 Lame".
           2 Adjust the bitrate and samplerate settings according to your Live365 account (i.e. 64kbps/44kHz/stereo mp3PRO).
           3 Under "Server Type", you'll want to select "Shoutcast".
           4 In the Server IP and Server Port fields, you'll want to enter in the information for your Live365 account. You can get this information by going to www.live365.com/broadcast and clicking on the "Controls" tab. When your Live365 account is set for Live mode, you should see an IP:Port number. The numbers to the left of the colon ( : ) should be placed in the Address field on your Output tab. The five digit number to the right of the colon is your Port Number.
           5 For the "Encoder Password", you'll want to enter in your Live365 password.
           6 You don't have to worry about the "Mountpoint" field.
        YP Settings: This allows you to edit the information for your station. This information, other than the social network information (i.e. ICQ, AOL, IRC), will be published to your Live365 account when you're on-air.
        Advanced Settings: This allows you to archive your live shows, if you like.
   * Once you setup your account, go back to the main Oddcast window and select the encoder that you just configured. You'll notice that it should display the main encoder information (i.e. MP3: 128kbps/44100Hz/Stereo). Click on the "Connect" button and start up your content on Station Playlist to start streaming to Live365.
  *  By default, the ID3 tag information from Station Playlist should be sent to Live365 though oddcast automatically, provided that this information is provided on the tracks you add to Station Playlist. You can click on the "edit" button next to the Metadata section to edit this information further.

In theory, you should be able to stream directly to them with RadioDJ without using studio365 at all.

Instructions to set up the A******t RDJ plugin are here.

HTH,

J-

101daskool

Quote from: SnowHow on April 07, 2014, 04:58:49 AM
After doing a little research, it seems that streaming to Live365 is the same as setting up a Shoutcast server. I found these instructions for setting up Station Playlist to work with their service using the old Oddcast DSP plugin. Since the RadioDJ/A******t encoder setup is the same principle, the instructions should apply (mostly):

In theory, you should be able to stream directly to them with RadioDJ without using studio365 at all.

Instructions to set up the A******t RDJ plugin are here.

HTH,

J-

YES!!!! It worked!!! All I had to do was point my some encoder encoder to my live365 ip info!!! I even left it as a shoutcast server in the options! Thank you soooo much Snowhow!!!

SnowHow

No problem.

Happy Broadcasting!  :)

J-