• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

RadioDJ v1.6.5.8 RC2 Released! - FIXED

Started by Marius, May 17, 2014, 05:15:09 PM

Marius

CHANGES LIST:

- VT timing and play bugs [FIXED];
- Plugin search PLAY in monitor bug [FIXED];
- Plugin Tracks Manager, skip forward bug [FIXED];
- Plugin Playlist Builder drag & drop bug [FIXED];
- Bug which prevented loading files of type "Newest From Folder" [FIXED];
- Added Load/Save ID3 Tags to Track Editor [NEW];
- Modified TTS Plugin, now templates are in XML format and for each entry the user can set a separate voice[NEW];
- Other minor bugs fixed.

HOW TO UPDATE FROM THE LATEST VERSION?

METHOD 1

1. Replace all your plugins (.dll files) with the new ones
2. Replace RadioDJ.exe with the new one
3. Replace PluginInterface.dll with the new one

METHOD 2

1. Unzip the new version somewhere on your HDD
2. Delete from the new package the settings files (they are named like settings_XXXXX.xml).
3. Copy all files from the new package over your old files in order to overwrite them.

ALTERNATE METHOD 3

1. Replace all the files with the new ones
2. Customize the settings for the program/plugins
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

DJ Garybaldy

Thank you Marius! I shall do some testing on this tomorrow.  :cool: If it's anything like RC1 you'll be onto a winner.
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

radio41

Great, Marius! Now my VT problems seems to be over!  ;D ;)

rogiermaas

Cool Marius!

We're now live with 1.6.5.8B4RC1 and it's doing GREAT. We'll test with RC2 in a while.

- Rogier
DJ Garybaldy is RIGHT! RadioDJ WILL defeat the Evil SAM!
Musicbox Live! - musicboxlive.nl

Radiobellissima

No download >:(
I have always forced the downloads checked with avast the zip package and tells me that there is no threat. So maybe a problem resident on the website.

[attachment deleted by admin]

DJ Garybaldy

Quote from: Radiobellissima on May 17, 2014, 09:25:56 PM
No download >:(
I have always forced the downloads checked with avast the zip package and tells me that there is no threat. So maybe a problem resident on the website.

I've just checked here with my copy of Avast and it's not found anything I suspect it's a false positive. Also just downloaded on a different PC and that's come back squeaky clean as well.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

nemoradio

Quote from: Marius on May 17, 2014, 05:15:09 PM

Thanks Marius for this new update ! :cool:
Just tried the "Newest From Folder" track type. The track is correctly recorded into the database, but when i try to monitor or play in the main player nothing happens... I tried with a folder with only 1 file and with a folder with several files, and it's the same problem. No file is choosen by RDJ. Maybe i'm doing something wrong... ::)

Just another question: How to save the columns width in tracks manager ? When i re-open it i have to resize each columns to see the content.
www.nemoradio.fr

Radiobellissima

Quote from: DJ Garybaldy on May 17, 2014, 09:34:34 PM
I've just checked here with my copy of Avast and it's not found anything I suspect it's a false positive. Also just downloaded on a different PC and that's come back squeaky clean as well.

I also believe and hope that it is a fake I forced the update. In any case avast behaves in a strange way ... the download is blocked if you download the file and you do analyze zipped notifies you that it is ok, but if you try to move the block playlist.dll telling you that it is infected.

Jhonny

I hate that kind of programs who block the file and a program can not be used and not leave it to the user if the file should be blocked.
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

rogiermaas

Hi Marius,

Great release! I'm going to replace it and go live with it!

One bug found, though:

Today we ran a Top-10 Greatest Movie Soundtracks. Throughout the evening, we added 7 tracks and played them normally. In the end, we wanted to do a Top-7 of the Top-10 to refresh our listeners memory, after which we would play the Top-3.

So on our production-PC I created a Playlist and added sounds for "Numberrrrr 10!" and the track 10, "Numberrrrr 9!" and track 9, etc.
After that, I edited the Cue-Points (Start, Next Start and End), because we wanted to display snippets instead of the longer tracks we played in full earlier. So I made the tracks so that they would sound 5-10 secs and saved them.

Then the DJ loaded my saved playlist into the queue and when we played them, they used the Cue-points as they were before I edited them. So we had to manually advance the list to prevent the 'quick Top-7' wouldn't be an evening-filling show  :hihi:

Hope you can figure this one out!

- Rogier
DJ Garybaldy is RIGHT! RadioDJ WILL defeat the Evil SAM!
Musicbox Live! - musicboxlive.nl

jopizz

I'm getting the same virus warning with Avast telling me that the Playlist.dll is infected.

John

joshuatree44

Noticed one issue when I did the simple upgrade with the 2 main files and the plugins that it does not auto start when I open it after I do the settings. I have tried restarting and closing both windows and the dj program and it simply will not auto play. I have them check off in the options and also on the main screen and nothing is happening until I hit play.

Quote from: Marius on May 17, 2014, 05:15:09 PM
CHANGES LIST:

- VT timing and play bugs [FIXED];
- Plugin search PLAY in monitor bug [FIXED];
- Plugin Tracks Manager, skip forward bug [FIXED];
- Plugin Playlist Builder drag & drop bug [FIXED];
- Added Load/Save ID3 Tags to Track Editor [NEW];
- Modified TTS Plugin, now templates are in XML format and for each entry the user can set a separate voice[NEW];
- Other minor bugs fixed.

HOW TO UPDATE FROM THE LATEST VERSION?

METHOD 1

1. Replace all your plugins (.dll files) with the new ones
2. Replace RadioDJ.exe with the new one
3. Replace PluginInterface.dll with the new one

METHOD 2

1. Unzip the new version somewhere on your HDD
2. Delete from the new package the settings files (they are named like settings_XXXXX.xml).
3. Copy all files from the new package over your old files in order to overwrite them.

ALTERNATE METHOD 3

1. Replace all the files with the new ones
2. Customize the settings for the program/plugins

SnowHow

Quote from: joshuatree44 on May 18, 2014, 06:41:12 AM
Noticed one issue when I did the simple upgrade with the 2 main files and the plugins that it does not auto start when I open it after I do the settings. I have tried restarting and closing both windows and the dj program and it simply will not auto play. I have them check off in the options and also on the main screen and nothing is happening until I hit play.

Confirmed. Will not Auto Play on start up when checked in options. User must manually click play to start program.

J-

DJ Garybaldy

Is anyone else finding the sound is a bit scratchy?? Started the RC up and the first couple of tracks sounded terrible.  :bash:

I've played the same files on 1.6.5.7 and they sounded fine. With this beta it sounds like they are recorded badly off vinyl.

Marius

Ok, i repacked the release, tested with avast and no more warning. I also fixed the autostart.
Please download again the package and follow the same procedure to update.

@rogiermaas: Did you edited the tracks in Playlist builder using the blue icon from the right?
@DJ Garybaldy: the sound functions are un-touched since the first beta, so i really don't know what happened there. Could you check the sound settings (compressor, volume, agc?).
@nemoradio: Indeed the monitoring of those types of tracks was not enabled, but in main player they should work, as i tested them before the release and today too. However in this release the monitoring is also enabled for them.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.