• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

RadioDJ v1.6.5.8 RC3 Released!

Started by Marius, May 20, 2014, 07:48:12 PM

Marius

CHANGES LIST:

- Added 2 new cue points (HOOK IN & HOOK OUT)
- New plugin available: "Teaser" which is able to create previews from the playlist tracks if the HOOK cue points are set. [NEW];
- Minor bugs fixed;

HOW TO UPDATE FROM THE LATEST VERSION?

METHOD 1

1. Replace all your plugins (.dll files) with the new ones
2. Replace RadioDJ.exe with the new one
3. Replace PluginInterface.dll with the new one

METHOD 2

1. Unzip the new version somewhere on your HDD
2. Delete from the new package the settings files (they are named like settings_XXXXX.xml).
3. Copy all files from the new package over your old files in order to overwrite them.

ALTERNATE METHOD 3

1. Replace all the files with the new ones
2. Customize the settings for the program/plugins
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

OscarRadioPR

Cool! Thank you for the new update!
My Internet Radio Station
http://www.RetroPR.com

rogiermaas

Marius...

Marius, Marius, Marius.. I'm gonna download RC3 and test it right now. And if this freaking awesome RC3 does what I think it does, I'mma clickin' that Donate Button!

..wow..

Rogier
DJ Garybaldy is RIGHT! RadioDJ WILL defeat the Evil SAM!
Musicbox Live! - musicboxlive.nl

rogiermaas

..or is this Hook In and Hook Out to facilitate a plugin that uses those Cue points?
DJ Garybaldy is RIGHT! RadioDJ WILL defeat the Evil SAM!
Musicbox Live! - musicboxlive.nl

DJ Garybaldy

Cheers Marius I will do some testing on this tomorrow. :cool:
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

Eddy73

Marius

A few words about the new plugin "TEASER" (located in disabled plugins folder):

- You can set a subcategory for Intro's;
- You can set a subcategory for Transitions;
- You can set a subcategory for Endings;
- You can set to play the tracks randomly;
- You can set a limit of tracks.

How It Works?

Whenever the plugin action is called (via event or keyboard shortcut) it checks the current playlist for tracks that have the HOOKS cue points set and ads them to a temporary playlist which starts with a random intro element from the user set subcategory. Between the tracks are inserted random transitions. At the end of the temporary playlist is added a random ending and the temporary playlist is inserted to the top of the main playlist.

RadioDJ will play only the Hook IN/OUT portion of the generated playlist. If there are no tracks with the HOOK set in the playlist, nothing will happen.

[attachment deleted by admin]
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

Vanlen

WOW

Looks like I'll be up all night trying this all out.   

Wonderful work Marius :cool:

Cheers

Forest Green - Music in Nature's Frequency
www.forestgreenradio.ca

spons

=========================================
www.hitsyndicaat.nl || Proud RadioDJ User since 2013

twelch1980

I have been watching this software progress for anwhioe now. I have to ask a question. I really want to transition my station over to this software but I am really hesitant to give up my multiple outputs on the main players. Is there ever a chance of multiple outputs for the main player to be added?

creativegroup

Quote from: Marius on May 20, 2014, 07:48:12 PM

- Added 2 new cue points (HOOK IN & HOOK OUT)
- New plugin available: "Teaser" which is able to create previews from the playlist tracks if the HOOK cue points are set. [NEW];

Yes Marius! You are an absolute legend, thank you so much! Can't wait to start using this  :ok:

spons

Quote from: twelch1980 on May 20, 2014, 09:22:54 PM
I have been watching this software progress for anwhioe now. I have to ask a question. I really want to transition my station over to this software but I am really hesitant to give up my multiple outputs on the main players. Is there ever a chance of multiple outputs for the main player to be added?

Oh yes, that would be nice!  Or does anyone know a workaround when using the main output to input Breakaway (the processing software) for a stream signal and a 'clean' output at the same time. In short: a main output to two different soundcards at the same time? That would be great :P

I now realise that this belongs to 'future requests'... Ooops, sorry ;-)
=========================================
www.hitsyndicaat.nl || Proud RadioDJ User since 2013

C8r821

Hey Marius,
Don't know if this is a bug or just a new way of doing things but in the track manager when right clicking a track that is not already selected the context menu will display options for the selected (highlighted) track instead of the one clicked.
Thanks and love the software!  :)

P.S. It appears that when the window is maximized and then un-maximized the layout no longer adjusts
:D I <3 RDJ!

creativegroup

Hi Marius

My feedback on the new 'teaser' plugin:

I like the way this plugin can insert the hook into the playlist, it works like a gem, and plays it really nicely with a fade at the end. I have read your instructions about the plugin carefully, so forgive me, but I am a little puzzeled about the 'Intro' 'seperators' and 'endings' subcategories. Here is my scenario...

I am working in a live hour and want to preview upcoming songs, so I hit the keyboard short cut to activate the plugin, and it loads the hook(s) that I need to play, but it also adds a few other songs from the categories stated in the settings. However, I am already working in the hour, so I don't really want the other songs in the playlist I just need the hooks. Is there a way of just loading the hook files alone without the other 'Intro' 'separators' or 'Endings' loading in between? Sorry If I have misunderstood, but these seem to just appear and play as normal tracks is this right? The songs I have set as hooks work brilliantly though. Hope I am making sense, It's hard to explain. But on the whole, great work and I can see this feature going down well :)

Oh and one more suggestion, perhaps it would also be good to have a different colour on the playlist for the hook so I know which one is the hook and which is the actual song. I know I could look at the duration, but I can see that during a live show when I am concentrating on other things, it is alot easier and quicker to see a different colour and know that it is a hook rather than an actual song.  :hihi: Just an idea.  :)

Loving your work

Many Thanks

Dan

Marius

Hi Dan, i can add another action to generate a dry teaser without the other elements if needed.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------