• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

RadioDJ v1.6.5.8 RC4 Released!

Started by Marius, May 23, 2014, 09:43:28 PM

maurocal

hello to all,
can you give me an example for the plugin Teaser, how it works and why is it useful?
I tried to understand and to try but I did not understand anything.  :'( :bash:

thanks in advance.

Mauro

creativegroup

Hi Maurocal

The new teaser plugin is used to tease upcoming songs in the playlist. From RDJ 1.6.5.8 RC3 two new cue points were added to CUE editor 'Hook In' and 'Hook Out' which you can add to tracks just like you can the 'intro' and the 'outro' ect. Not sure if you know, but in music a 'hook' is defined as the most catchy part of a song, the bit that the listeners rememebers and loves the most (usually the chorus, but its up to you to to decide where the hook would be)

Once you have these points set on a track, and it is in the main playlist, you can use a keyboard shortcut or event to allow RDJ to detect which songs in the playlist have these 'Hook In' and 'Hook OUT' points set, and can load just the 'Hook In' and 'Hook out' segment of these tracks into the playlist. You can then play this, and the hook of the song will play, a bit like a clip.

This is how it can be useful for me. I am in a live hour and I want listeners to stay tuned because there are some BRILLIANT songs in the next hour. So I press 'f12' (the keyboard shortcut I set to load a dry tease) and the hooks of some of the songs will then appear at the top of the playlist and I can play them. Providing that I have set the Hook points of at least one song in the playlist. I can then say coming up we have 'xx' and a clip of that song can be played and it sounds rather proffesional.
Hope that explains things. To be honest, I can't really get my head around the 'Intro' 'trainsition' and 'Endings' elements, but I'm sure somebody else can explain that to you!

;)

twelch1980

The intro allows you to have a pre-recorded element that says "Coming up this hour...", the transition can be a simple sound effect to mix one hook with another (a separator if you will) and the ending is "That's all coming up this hour on blah blah"

creativegroup

That makes sense, thanks for explaining that!  :)

Sounds awesome

nemoradio

Good explanation ! ;) To Marius: It would be useful, i think, if an indicator could show if a song displayed in the search list or in the playlist contains a hook...
Bravo Marius for your great work ! :ok:
www.nemoradio.fr

DJ Garybaldy

So far so good been running just over 6 hours solid! Even with the new version of stereo tool DSP working alongside everything seems to be running as it should.

Thank you Marius.  :ok:
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

jerrydavis

Hi all,

Do the time announcements work in this new version.

Many thanks,

Jerry

www.PirateRadioUk.co.uk
www.RadioJacqueline.co.uk

maurocal

thanks guys.

I'll do some testing.

Mauro

Jhonny

Quote from: jerrydavis on May 24, 2014, 06:05:50 PM
Hi all,

Do the time announcements work in this new version.

Many thanks,

Jerry

www.PirateRadioUk.co.uk
www.RadioJacqueline.co.uk

Yep, in two way's whit TTS an Say Time plugin.

grtz.
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

chrismadog

Hi Marius,

It went past Midnight perfectly last night. No issues.
I will monitor it for the next week or two and then resume normal sleep patterns I hope. :)

K00L Banana's!

Definitely awesome!

Regards,
Chris
Presenter - 4SDB - Rose City FM 89.3 - Warwick, QLD Australia.
Station Engineer - http://rosecityfm.org.au
Community Radio - Bringing you the best of local radio.

Stream101

some encoder no worky in this version :(. AAC works fine, but SC1 with LAME MP3 result in a .ToInteger error.

chrismadog

Hi Stream101,

some encoder works perfectly here. You have upgraded the some encoder Plug-in ?
The old version won't work on RadioDJ v1.6.5.8

Regards,
Chris
Presenter - 4SDB - Rose City FM 89.3 - Warwick, QLD Australia.
Station Engineer - http://rosecityfm.org.au
Community Radio - Bringing you the best of local radio.

Stream101

This is with the newest plugin too...

Derek

Everything working fine here so far, just using on automation at the moment but here there are no problems with the new version of the some encoder plugin.

Stream101, Did you copy your settings across ok? (I use method 2 to upgrade, deleting the 6 "new" various settings .xml files before copying across over the existing installation.)

Stream101

I deleted 5 of the xml files (settings). I didnt have the album art downloader in the current version, so I didnt delete it. Everything else seems to work but some encoder right now.

Gonna mess with it in about 10 minutes and try again!