• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

RadioDJ v1.6.5.8 RC4 Released!

Started by Marius, May 23, 2014, 09:43:28 PM

Stream101

Got it going. I forgot to specify the samplerate (which wasnt an option before).

Derek

Great Stream101! Glad you got it going :)

Actually, Marius, I just noticed a minor point, I looked and at the very top of the RadioDJ frame, instead of the station name and slogan input under settings, it just seemed to be showing "Loading Events....." However, nothing was actually wrong or stuck with the actual program, just the text showing instead of the station id which also showed the same on the shortcut on the toolbar. v8 RC4 on XP Pro.

Restarting RadioDJ solved it, will check if it does it again.

Marius

Yes, it will do it again at midnight  :D
Sorry for that, i was debugging something and i forgot to remove that line, but beside displaying that text, it will not interfere in any way with the program itself.

Thanks for reporting it.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

Radiobellissima

Hi, I wanted to point 2 small inaccuracies if radiodj: :D
In Idle load traces the priority has no decimals such as 81.5 82 82.5 ... but the screen management are regular.
The second relates to the centering of the nonsense written in the edit management tracks which is shifted upward. :bash:

Marius

Radiobellissima, i'm not sure that i understand what you mean.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

Marius

Quote from: chrismadog on May 24, 2014, 02:28:53 PM
The Playlist Builder bug with the playlist jumping to the top after track insertion is still there but the playlist in the main program is working great. (Doesn't jump)  :)

Hi Chris, i have some free time so i said to take a look on this bug you mention, but i don't seem to be able to replicate it. Can you detail it step by step, please?
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

chrismadog

Hi Marius,

1. In Playlist Builder, put a heap of files into the playlist (so you have to scroll down to see the bottom one), and then go to the bottom of the playlist you have created.
2. Now drag and drop somewhere near the playlist bottom, or double click a file to put it at the bottom of the playlist.

what it does here is the playlist view shoots to the top and to see the file you have put in, you have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the list again (or to where you inserted the new track).

It happens on every machine I have tried it on here with Win XP, Vista and 7.

And thanks for all your work !
A little 'something' coming your way very soon I think (from Rainbow FM).

Regards,
Chris
Presenter - 4SDB - Rose City FM 89.3 - Warwick, QLD Australia.
Station Engineer - http://rosecityfm.org.au
Community Radio - Bringing you the best of local radio.

Radiobellissima

Quote from: Marius on May 25, 2014, 10:27:44 PM
Radiobellissima, i'm not sure that i understand what you mean.

Image :angel:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Marius

First is fixed, but for the seconds (with the button), you should check the language file. It may contain a longer text that it fits to the button.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

maurocal

about Priority,
seems not to work.
setting:
default priority = 50
on play reduce priority = 0.1
initial Priority  = 50.0
after played, priority = 100

someone else can verify?
Mauro

molnarb83

Dear Marius!

Could you fix this? This version still don't add the request to a playlist with sweeper at "Auto add mode"

http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/c2hrDHnzD3

Marius

Dear Molnar!

There is nothing to fix. What you're asking for is a new feature, not something that is broke. Even if you select the sweeper button in search list, it will affect only the files from the search list, and not files that you will add from other sources.

If it's really that important for you to play the sweepers on requests, i will add that feature too.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

molnarb83

Sorry... I thinked, this is a bug... but thanks very much, if You add this feature.

creativegroup

I have been trying out the teaser plugin for a good few days and i just love it, I use the dry function for live shows and the other for automation.

The only issue i am having at the moment isn't to do with the plugin itself, but I have a manual event in my rotation for automated playout to load the teaser with the intro, separators and endings at a certain point in the rotation, but for some reason RDJ panics a little bit when it hits the manual event. It loads the teaser just fine at the top of the playlist and it looks  ready to go, but it doesn't seem to play until the very end of the track, sometimes quite a few seconds afterwards causing a few seconds of dead air. I don't understand why the teaser isn't fired on the next start marker, like every other track would be. It's certainly a problem with manual events though, because I have had the same issue with other playlist events.

Love the feature though, just need this tweaking to make it sound PERFECT!

Dan  :)

Marius

The catch is that regular tracks are triggering the next item from the playlist at CUE NEXT point, but the playlist event doesn't have such a thing. So, the playing track reaches CUE NEXT, the event does what is suppose to do, but the next track waits for CUE NEXT, which doesn't exists. The playing track end and the watchdog forces the waiting track to start.

Now, there are two possible fixes for this:

1. I can add a PLAY action when the event is firing, but since the event is processed in a separate thread, for events with many actions (like loading many files), it could happen that the playlist will advance even if the event it's not completed modifying the playlist.

2. The user simply add a PLAY action at the end of each manual event and in this manner, the PLAY action will be fired at the right time.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------