• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

How to use Overlay feature?

Started by Marius, January 21, 2015, 11:43:47 AM

DAVID DENNEHY

Thanks Marius ,
thanks for your tips on this
regards
Dave

hypuk

Hi

I'm having an issue with getting the overlay feature to work for me.

Basically I have a music track, I want a voice track (externally recorded in Adobe Audtion) to start just before the music track ends and another music track to start just as the voice track ends.

I've set the "Next Start" point in the first music track and the "Next Start" point in the voice track, I've checked the box to play as overlay in the voice track but everything seems to be ignored.

Do I need to change the catageries of anything or does this not matter?

Any help would be much appreciated.

philneo

zandgame17

Quote from: Marius on January 21, 2015, 11:43:47 AM
I get many questions about this feature, so i thought it will be better to record a small example.
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INcCH8wUPt4

Summary:
1. First file which can be a jingle continued with a music bed, needs to have the cue next marker where the music bed starts and CUE END at the end of the file;
2. The file(s) which will be played over the music bed, needs to be set as OVERLAY;
3. In order to stop our background music bed, we need to play any other file (NOT OVERLAY type).

i'm using this feature today. but when forget to add voice with overlay file check, bed still running while the song play (of course that song not check overlay file). i'm using radiodj v2.0.2.0