• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Streamaudio.de - free icecast audio streaming 32 / 64 slots

Started by streamaudio, January 26, 2015, 09:52:09 PM

streamaudio

Hello RadioDJs ;)
i want to present my free icecast streaming project.
If You are searching a free streaming server, for Your radio - here it is :)
I offer 2 versions: 32 / 64 slots (up to ~510 kbit/s) - every user starts with 32 slots - if more is needed, i upgrade it.
Beginner or experimental radios are very welcome.
I want to support people who doesnt have the possibility to buy expensive streaming packages from commercial streaming providers.
So lets begin.

Because consistently people register to this free service and dont use it for real, here are the rules:
- the icecast-streamlink should be used in your website respectively playlist
- the icecast-streamlink should be your mainstream - not the backup
- the stream shouldnt be offline daylong
- re-streaming of other radios is not so fine ;)

OK, the rules might sound a little bit hard, but i dont like it when i providing resources of the server that dont be used.
Hope you understand that because its work & time i have to spend, for adding & removing accounts when they are daylong offline.

Contact me via mail: mail@streamaudio.de (german language preferred - english is also possible)
More info: http://streamaudio.de

And, Yes its free!

joshuatree44

Just signed up and loving this service. Thank you so much. If you need a banner or something for my site to give you credit I can do it. Thank you again for this service.
;D

streamaudio

Thank You Joshua - for using the server & streaming nice music!  :cool:

Chaos Radio!

Will you be offering any shout-cast servers in the future? just asking...... :)
Chaos Radio! - True Punk Radio for True Punk Rockers!
Over 100,000 songs in the music vault from all over the globe! Proud RadioDJ user since 2014.

https://chaosradio.info

streamaudio

Has shoutcast a bitrate-limit function like icecast2 kh version?
If this is possible and You would prefer shoutcast ( i dont like it :) ), i would set it up.
when icecast2 is ok for You, it would be easier for me ;)

Chaos Radio!

Quote from: streamaudio on January 30, 2015, 10:08:24 PM
Has shoutcast a bitrate-limit function like icecast2 kh version?
If this is possible and You would prefer shoutcast ( i dont like it :) ), i would set it up.
when icecast2 is ok for You, it would be easier for me ;)

Not sure on the bite-rate limit with Shoutcast? I broadcast in 128k 64K and 32K does it not limit it to
those settings?

Just asking because I already use Shoutcast, simple transition to new servers. I will research the Icecast server I used it years ago to broadcast in ogg.

Thank you for the help......
Chaos Radio! - True Punk Radio for True Punk Rockers!
Over 100,000 songs in the music vault from all over the globe! Proud RadioDJ user since 2014.

https://chaosradio.info

joshuatree44

There is not that much different between servers with bitrates. It all depends on what you need from here. I am very happy with 96k as it is right in the middle of mobile and desktop streaming. it is what all HD radio stations stream at with AAC encoders. 128k is the same as 96k AAC.

streamaudio

The reason of this bitrate-limit like on icecast-kh is, that every user decide which bitrate he is streaming.
There are some who need only 64 kbit/s and some want 320 kbit/s.
People who streaming with 320 takes more bandwith than those with 64 - thats not fair - in this case.
I want to limit it to 96 to get many people streamed with normal quality - its not to low or to high.

And with icecast You can stream in nearly every format (mp3 aac ogg flac wave...) - like joshua said, in aac it sounds realy good.

joshuatree44

AAC 96kbps is HD according to my radio engineer people. That is what a majority of radio companies use. It is the perfect sweet spot of bitrates. Thank you again Streamaudio for hooking up my stream.

elsilva0

Jhonny

It's internet streaming, so yes, can by be used in Brazil.

Jh.
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

streamaudio

Vanlen

Forest Green - Music in Nature's Frequency
www.forestgreenradio.ca

Jhonny

R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

streamaudio

I have to say, that i dont want to kick of the listeners on evening (CET) - so to activate the accounts i must restart icecast.
I will do this on morning after send the mail to You.  :ok: