• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

DSP Plugin for radioDJ

Started by Marius, January 30, 2015, 07:53:34 PM

Marius

Since the latest version of radioDJ (1.7.7) is not plugin compatible with the old plugins made by SnowHow and there are users which need DSP processing, i wrote a small plugin which allows you to use Winamp DSP plugins in RadioDJ.

To install it, place "Plugin_DSP.dll" in RadioDJ "Plugins" folder and "bass_wadsp.dll" in main radioDJ folder. All the winamp dsp plugins need to be placed in a folder named "DSP_plugins" in RadioDJ folder (RadioDJ/DSP_plugins). The plugin will try to create the needed folder if is doesn't exists.

The plugins are loaded when RadioDJ starts, so any plugin new added plugin will be active after radioDJ restarts.

Please note that not all winamp plugins are compatible, so it's recommended to test each plugin for a while to make sure that in time it doesn't crash the application.

Personally, i tested it with Sound Solution 1.31 and Octimax which was posted by Gary.

PS: the plugin list can be accessed from Options > Plugins > DSP Plugin.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

Hansen

Marius you are my hero :-D that soundsolution is that a freeware? 

Once again thanks :-D
Best Regards
Lars Hansen

Marius

Yes, 1.31 is free. Here is a download link: http://getwapi.com/software/view/file/LHRB_mzl/Sound_Solution_131b_setup.html
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

Onein144K

Hi, Marius. Thank you for the tips. We've installed the new RadioDJ 1.7.7, and we were able to install the Winamp plug-ins following your instructions, and it works. Just one more question, you see, wee use A******t, and have downloaded from: http://www.some encoder.com/?page_id=25, and installed both the A******t Standalone 1.0 and the A******t Winamp 1.0, but have had no success. Which is the A******t plug-in we need to use for RadioDJ 1.7.7?

Marius

I just tested it the some encoder winamp plugin and it works, but it needs to be tested over time because dsp encoders can cause problems after a while.
How to install:
- Create a new empty folder.
- When installing some encoder winamp plugin, select the new folder which you created and not the default winamp folder.
- In the new folder you will have this structure:

Winamp
--------/Plugins
--------/Plugins/dsp_some encoder.dll
--------/some files

- Now from the Plugins folder, copy dsp_some encoder.dll and put it to the DSP_plugins folder of RadioDJ.
- The rest of the files (EXCEPT bass.dll) from the Winamp folder put it on the main RadioDJ folder, again be careful not to replace bass.dll

Now start RadioDJ and the encoder should appear.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

Vanlen

A new DSP - BRILLIANT!!!!

Cheers
Forest Green - Music in Nature's Frequency
www.forestgreenradio.ca

Onein144K

The A******t Winamp plug-in I downloaded is an executable installer which is from the following link: http://www.some encoder.com/download/some encoderwinamp.exe. Can you provide us with the link we should download from, please? We need to be able to transmit via a livestream online, using IceCast. Any screenshots available? Sorry, kinda' new at this.

Tman

The DSP plugin.. with Stereotool is working perfect
Life is what you make it

Marius

@Onein144K: The download is "A******t Winamp 1.0". When you start that exe, in the second screen it will ask you where do you want to install it. Just select a new empty new folder and follow my previous instructions.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

TheRock

hey Marius followed your instructions for some encoder and it is not showing up in the DSP plugin window once RadioDJ is launched. Any suggestions?
Radio Haiku
http://www.radiohaiku.com

sharkshack

How can I stack or chain my processing plugins? Is this even an option? Currently I use 3 different plugins to give me the desired sound, however, there is an order they have to be stacked in to get the proper sound.

Marius

http://uploadgeneration.info/Winamp/www.winamp.com/plugin/multiple-dsp-stacker/128742.html

However, keep in mind that DSP plugins are not stable everytime and i cannot do much since this is handled by bass.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

sharkshack

Thank you. I've been using these plugins with the software for the past couple of years with 0 issues, so I'm hoping that they remain stable.

Marius

Sadly, if they worked in winamp is not a guaranty that will work in any other software, but doesn't hurt to test them.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------