• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

FM Transmitter

Started by Marcob88, May 24, 2016, 04:55:21 PM

Marcob88

Hey all, i am looking to purchase another transmitter so we can start broadcasting to a new area...

I am in Spain but ofcourse with the power of the internet i can get from almost anywhere...

I am looking right now for a 500w-1kw transmitter and i would rather not fork out  silly money  if not nessecery,

does anyone know of any good places to get used transmitters or good quality transmitters at a reasonable price.

Thanks

mje4him

Nautel VS series is without question the best.
I am running a lower power VS300 (.1kw) and the quality is superb!
It has run for 18months without one hardware failure.  Nothing but good stuff to say. I believe it comes out of Canada -) ehe

FreerunMedia

Quote from: Marcob88 on May 24, 2016, 04:55:21 PM
Hey all, i am looking to purchase another transmitter so we can start broadcasting to a new area...

I am in Spain but ofcourse with the power of the internet i can get from almost anywhere...

I am looking right now for a 500w-1kw transmitter and i would rather not fork out  silly money  if not nessecery,

does anyone know of any good places to get used transmitters or good quality transmitters at a reasonable price.

Thanks

Be sure to check the rules and licenses for running such a high power output transmitter. Illegal running a transmitter at 1kw, that would be a very high fine so check everything. Also the loyalties you have to pay for the music. At the internet it is easy and can be low because of the listeners ( slots ) are known. With the transmitter you'll get a potential amount of listeners and with the 1kw, that can be up to 1 million people that can listen to the transmitter. ( read:  €5.000,- and higher monthly pay )

Check everything before you have to pay something that is out of range.
Running 3 editions V1.8.2 at www.salto.nl and v1.8.2 at radio251.nl. ( NOW with 2 live studio's! )

joshagnew

I hope you know what you're doing ;)

For 1kw, I suggest Nautel or BW Broadcast.

I hope you have a license though, You don't want to get in trouble from your local media authority.

And I don't want to see you get a fancy Nautel transmitter and jamming a piece of speaker wire into the rf output of it, running up a totem tennis pole to a coathanger, with analog RCA stereo audio converted to XLR going through the MPX port and having the livewire port connected directly to your modem, getting everything your putting out reflected back.

You will also need a processor ;)

Josh

freegold

Hi our lpfm (kepw.org) in Eugene, OR has had problems with the Nautel VS300 and I will post more about this in the coming days! our radio engineer will provide me with more of a description and we've experienced several problems over the last 3 months! Hang in there for further details!

Capt_Fuzzy

Quote from: FreerunMedia on August 25, 2016, 05:16:27 PM
Be sure to check the rules and licenses for running such a high power output transmitter. Illegal running a transmitter at 1kw, that would be a very high fine so check everything. Also the loyalties you have to pay for the music. At the internet it is easy and can be low because of the listeners ( slots ) are known. With the transmitter you'll get a potential amount of listeners and with the 1kw, that can be up to 1 million people that can listen to the transmitter. ( read:  €5.000,- and higher monthly pay )

Check everything before you have to pay something that is out of range.
This is one of the reasons that I decided to 'opt out' of the "over the air" side of owning a radio station.
The fees can be quite 'ridiculous'... :D
Steve 'Capt Fuzzy' Wade
Proud & Satisfied "Long-term" RadioDJ User
(Currently making the transition to v2)

WVRR - Ridgerunners Radio
The best mix of your favorites!