• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

The button Pause in the instant players

Started by nonstopradio, December 05, 2016, 06:07:40 PM

nonstopradio

Hello just once today :-)

next (and for this time last) thing i wish to have is, if you would create a new button "pause" into the instatnt players.

OR/AND, possibly else useful button "Play only teaser part"

This would be very helpful function for me in live broadcasting and I also think, it is helpful for others. Now I can not prepare the exact point, from which I need to play a file in the instant player, when I am broadcasting live, for example I would like to play only a part (several seconds) from the middle of some file during speaking. Now I can play only from the beginning of the file and can not prepare before the speaking, some part from the middle.

Thank you very much!

Jhonny

Like play part between hook in and hook out?
:cool:
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

nonstopradio

Yes! It would be veeeery helpful!
Instant playing of a part of any song from "hook in" to "hook out" will be a great function.
But just the Pause button can do a lot also.

nonstopradio

Hello,

this request I posted some years ago, but still the pause buton was not implemented. I still think, that it may help many people and even me still. Should I ask if you think about the implementation, or if this idea is not good?

The hook in - hook out playout from the instant player is not a solution, because I play from instant players mainly MP3 tracks which are not into database, so they have no cue points set.
For example I would like to play a part of the recording of the one hour show from some times before. I need to prepare in advance the correct point where to start to play on air - for example from 32. minute of the recording. Make pause at this point like on an old casette player. And then un-pause it right when I need it.
Finally - the Play button, which is actually there, could work like pause as well - it can be toggleing. It is not needed to put there any new button.

Thank you!

gert-jan221

Energy in music! NRG Radio.