• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

May be releasing a instant player separate application?

Started by ibgradiogroup, January 09, 2017, 10:36:32 AM

ibgradiogroup

I love the fact that this program has instant players built in. But in the larger setups like mine I have a dedicated computer for instant plays and sound effects. Currently I have an installation of radio DJ installed on that computer solely using the instant players tab.

What I would like to see (if at all possible) is a separate program or version of RDJ that can just do the instant players and in full screen. I love the way that radio DJ is built but there are no programs like it to do sound boards that work the way that radio DJ does. I can't imagine it would be very difficult to release a soundboard only version radio DJ.

What is the possibility of that being done for setups like mine? I think really all you'd have to do is remove everything but the instant players? But I'm not a software developer.... :-P

ibgradiogroup

Additionally I wanted to add, back in the day the makers of a paid automation software (not the one most people are thinking of) release a sound board only application. The problem with it was that was only available in 800 by 600 resolution. It was also very buggy and extremely difficult to configure. Again I love radio DJ it's a very solid application and I almost never seem to have a problem with it as opposed to broadcast software I have used in the past. I do believe that I sound board only version of radio DJ would be extremely popular among moderate to large or broadcaster that want to have a separate sound effect board.

Rob Ashcroft

or maybe just the ability to 'break out' the instant player tab into it's own window?

That way you could place it full screen on a secondary monitor.  In my situation I have the instant player and carts going to a different sound output than the main station player - the volume of each go to different channels on my mixer.

This would also possibly achieve the same/similar goal?
http://radiokps.nz

ibgradiogroup

Quote from: Rob Ashcroft on January 19, 2017, 01:16:28 AM
This would also possibly achieve the same/similar goal?

Essentially the same thing I'm referring to. But yes. It would accomplish the same goal.

ibgradiogroup

I'm assuming since this post hasn't seen much traffic it's on the bottom of the list of things.

But I stand firm, I would absolutely love to see this become a real thing. Please :(

Marius

Quote from: Rob Ashcroft on January 19, 2017, 01:16:28 AM
or maybe just the ability to 'break out' the instant player tab into it's own window?

Do you mean, like this?

DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

markkaup

I absolutely love the simplicity and stability of RADIOD! We use it for our LPFM station and it runs flawlessly 24/7! I would love to see a voice tracking feature added where you can hear the outgoing song and coming up song while you are voice tracking.

Rob Ashcroft

Quote from: Marius on October 12, 2017, 04:16:00 PM
Do you mean, like this?

Yes, something like that for each different 'function', such as the cart player, would be perfect when working with multiple screens. :cool:

PROducer

It's already built in.  OPTIONS > PLUGINS > CART PLAYER and tick the "In Separate Window" checkbox as shown in the picture.

Rob Ashcroft

Quote from: PROducer on October 29, 2017, 06:18:31 PM
It's already built in.  OPTIONS > PLUGINS > CART PLAYER and tick the "In Separate Window" checkbox as shown in the picture.

Great, thanks for pointing that out.  Also helped me to find that some of the plugins have a 'zone' setting to change where they are place.

Would possibly be a good future enhancement to be able to 'pop-out' any zone as it's own window to give complete freedom of where to place across screen/s.