• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Current hardware setup on student broadcasting console

Started by neutralhills, April 29, 2017, 07:49:27 AM

neutralhills

We're calling this system the USS CHARYK (more on that in a bit). The latest piece added was an AKAI MIDIMIX DAW controller:

As well there's a crappy Alesis mixer, a Genovation CP48 programmable keypad, dual monitors, Dayton Audio bookshelf speakers, a Sony amp just out of sight that I found at the dump and repaired to power the speakers, a 5TB Seagate USB drive, an Amazon Basics hub, another cheap set of Logitech speakers for the CUE Monitor, and a pair of headphones for use with 800 number and Skype callers. The system everything runs on is an Dell Precision T3600 with a Xeon Octacore and Nvidia Quadro 2000 video card. 32 GB of RAM and SSD main drive. Additional sound card outputs courtesy of $1 USB audo dongles from eBay.

Software.... RadioDJ (of course!), Voicemeeter Banana, Voicemeeter Macro Keys, AutoHotKey, RingCentral, and Skype. RadioDJ is controlled mainly through the keypad (which does toggle inputs on Voicemeeter) while the Akai is mostly used to handle Voicemeeter.

This system is going to be put into a K-12 school in Canada in the fall. Feedback welcomed. (Anyone wondering about the name of the system should read this.)
Squirrel FM : Always playing with our nuts!
www.squirrel.fm
Studio systems running RadioDJ & Rivendell (occasional only)
Flow 8 Deck & PlayIt Cartwall for live mixing and assist.
Remote systems running RadioDJ
Pioneer DDJ-SX control surface.

BillyC

That is awesome!
With all the crap in the world, its good to see you and your community support the young minds of the future.

FreerunMedia

Well a good thing to show my studio once again  ;D https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1273812229404963&set=a.892190284233828.1073741826.100003285954427&type=3&theater

Setup:
Eela SBM90 mixboard
HP DC7900 for live assist with M-Audio Delta 1010 for 8 channel playout.
HP DC5800 for internet and "office" use
ASUS cube for the automation with optical input.
Behringer microphone processors, a 4 DI module and an ADDA converter for going from analogue audio to optical to the automation.
Raspberry Pi for studio clock and "On Air" and "Mic" sign
CBT silence detection ( only for show now because there is a modification coming up for the detection )
Rode Procaster DJ mic and Devine condensor "guest" mics

And now working on a new studio setup for the Roma community in Almere Netherlands. Small studio's allready active build in Turkey, Moldova and one coming up in Lissabon. Later this year one build in London and Italy is coming up. All for the Roma community and all centrally controlled by the main studio automation in Almere. RadioDJ is going to do all that ;-)
Running 3 editions V1.8.2 at www.salto.nl and v1.8.2 at radio251.nl. ( NOW with 2 live studio's! )

neutralhills

Ronald, that's one sexy setup. Envious. The SBM 90 is particularly sweet!

That PC you have in the black and silver cube case to the right? I still have one of those -- has an ASUS mobo in it with an old Intel DuoCore. Sucker still runs. :)

Thanks for sharing!
www.squirrel.fm

Rob Ashcroft

Quote from: neutralhills on April 29, 2017, 07:49:27 AM
....This system is going to be put into a K-12 school in Canada in the fall. Feedback welcomed.

I should take a photo of our system at some stage and upload it.  We are setup in a New Zealand primary school (elementary).  Running both radio DJ and stream server/encoder off same computer BUT we are in process of separating those two.  Fortunate to have been donated a Radio Systems RS6 console from a radio station that has gone digital.  And also lucky to have a parent who knows a few technical things to help us connect up the console, setup a link to our LPFM transmitter up on a high point about 500m away.  We also stream online 24/7 and finalising a few technical glitches there, but definitely RadioDJ has helped us to play out a (in our humble opinion) pretty polished sounding station :-)

https://goo.gl/cHj2AT

[attachment deleted by admin]
http://radiokps.nz

FreerunMedia

Quote from: neutralhills on May 06, 2017, 11:37:37 PM
Ronald, that's one sexy setup. Envious. The SBM 90 is particularly sweet!

That PC you have in the black and silver cube case to the right? I still have one of those -- has an ASUS mobo in it with an old Intel DuoCore. Sucker still runs. :)

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks!  :ok: The Eela was allmost a "steal". One of the local radiostations was stopping so the studio had to be sold. I bought it for a real bargain and yes we had to do some little things but got it working pretty fast. That is the best thing to do when you have little resources and still want the best.

yes the black/silver cube is a modified Asus, the duocore went out and the Quad Core went in. Also a Terratec 5.1 Fun audio board in it witch have optical in and out is amazing and yes it runs like a charm  :D

The fader starts are nothing more than some old cheap ass gamepads, modified to have a connector that i can connect up to the Eela. I am ordering now some gamepad hardware ( no case and buttons ) on AliExpress for less than 6 euro's each. Tested the first one and works very well too. It's a 12 button gamepad so more than enough to run RadioDJ with.
Running 3 editions V1.8.2 at www.salto.nl and v1.8.2 at radio251.nl. ( NOW with 2 live studio's! )

FreerunMedia

Quote from: Rob Ashcroft on May 07, 2017, 03:46:06 AM
I should take a photo of our system at some stage and upload it.  We are setup in a New Zealand primary school (elementary).  Running both radio DJ and stream server/encoder off same computer BUT we are in process of separating those two.  Fortunate to have been donated a Radio Systems RS6 console from a radio station that has gone digital.  And also lucky to have a parent who knows a few technical things to help us connect up the console, setup a link to our LPFM transmitter up on a high point about 500m away.  We also stream online 24/7 and finalising a few technical glitches there, but definitely RadioDJ has helped us to play out a (in our humble opinion) pretty polished sounding station :-)

https://goo.gl/cHj2AT

Well the donated Radio Systems RS6 is not bad at all. yes it's small but he thing works and to be honest, Radio Veronica started with a mixer this small and see were they are now ;-)

For who don't know what kind of mixer it is:

plauri

Hey, I would have bought it just because of the name of the Radio  :ok:
Funky Corner Radio
Radiodj v.2.0.4.5 (Windows 10)
http://www.funkycorner.radio
https://www.funkycorner.it
http://www.radiofunkycorner.com

neutralhills

Well... I am in trouble with the wife. Got a refurbished Audioarts R-60 on the way with power supply. Cost me about $700 USD.

[attachment deleted by admin]
www.squirrel.fm

Capt_Fuzzy

Quote from: neutralhills on May 14, 2017, 07:01:49 AM
Well... I am in trouble with the wife. Got a refurbished Audioarts R-60 on the way with power supply. Cost me about $700 USD.
If your wife is anything like mine, you are going straight to Hell for that one! :D
Steve 'Capt Fuzzy' Wade
Proud & Satisfied "Long-term" RadioDJ User
(Currently making the transition to v2)

WVRR - Ridgerunners Radio
The best mix of your favorites!

PROducer

neutralhills

Quote from: Capt_Fuzzy on May 14, 2017, 10:16:23 AM
If your wife is anything like mine, you are going straight to Hell for that one! :D

You are correct, sir. I am in the doghouse for the foreseeable future.
www.squirrel.fm

Capt_Fuzzy

Quote from: neutralhills on May 28, 2017, 07:33:56 PM
You are correct, sir. I am in the doghouse for the foreseeable future.
Ain't love grand? :D
Steve 'Capt Fuzzy' Wade
Proud & Satisfied "Long-term" RadioDJ User
(Currently making the transition to v2)

WVRR - Ridgerunners Radio
The best mix of your favorites!