• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

RadioDJ v2.0.1.4 BETA Released!

Started by Marius, December 06, 2018, 11:02:53 AM

kaaro

I noticed another issue with the "Title Played" column not updating (and the playcount not increasing and the priority decreasing as applicabble) in this beta version: it is not working if the song title includes some extended (accented) characters.
For now I found out that they are č, ť, ě, ů, ľ
In the 2006 version it is working.

Marius

@kaaro: did you applied the database fix?
@plauri: Windows events doesn't contain anything related to this? If not, since this is a beta release only can you try with a fresh install with a new database, just to be sure that the database is complete?
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

kaaro

@Marius:
1. Fresh install (renamed the original installation folder before)
2. Installed new database
3. Imported 3 of the problematic songs (ZOO - Čas sluhů.mp3, Wanastowi vjecy - Andělé.mp3, Helena Zeťová - Lepší zůstanou.mp3; ID tags the same as filename) and 1 song with extended, but non-problematic characters (Michal Kocáb - S cizí ženou v cizím pokoji.mp3)
4. When played, Title played and Playcount of those 3 songs were not updated, of the last song updated.

When doing the same procedure with 2006, it worked.

The problematic characters are č, ť, ě, ů, ľ, ř, ď (both lowercase and uppercase, and maybe some others), other accented characters in my language like šžýáí are ok.

Moreover, when I backed-up and restored the database, the songs were restored without the problematic characters in the artist/title fields (i.e. ZOO - Cas sluhu, Wanastowi vjecy - Andelé, Helena Zeťová - Lepší zustanou) and, of cource, the program could not find and play them. The backed-up file includes those characters, they are omitted during the restore. The same issue occurs also in 2006.

You can try it by renaming any of your mp3 files to the above names.

Vanlen

2.0.14 Beta/ Win10 MariaDB  Running over a week.

ISSUE noted by @kaaro also confirmed - Some audio files Do not increase Count played.

After searching through RadioDJ Reports I found that most songs that have normal characters are adding play count as they should    Jingles,  Songs I manually had set up before importing ( about 3400 Plus)

However, about 20 new songs when imported in DB have strange extra characters AFTER IMPORT
Artist: soundshrim_ 
Title: _Ambient_Backgroun�

Note:  I have Imported with Use ID3 Cue data [TICKED] so it includes the album art.

This Song have the audio file named as soundshrim_-_Background  but RadioDJ changed the "d" in Backgroun"�" when imported and those 20 files only do not increase count.

I usually change the files to be Artist - Title but not in those supplied recently. :-[  I'll delete and change them to the normal convention and see if that makes a difference.

Cheers.

U P D A T E:

I took the offending songs (20) that didn't increase their play count and put them in Adobe Audition and made sure the ID3 Data was without strange Characters and renamed the files by Artist - Title and saved.  All files said could not save XMP data so I opened them up and took the Chinese characters that appeared out and re-saved and did a Directory Import again and now all of the changed audio increases by their play count as they should. :ok:
----------------------------------------
Forest Green - Music in Nature's Frequency
www.forestgreenradio.ca

Vanlen

Marius:  I Found the error for the offending Non Play Count (in previous post) in event log as follows

Quote<Data>Database Insert Error: Incorrect string value: '\xEF\xBF\xBD' for column 'curTitle' at row 2496 (CALL UpdateTracks2(985,'Mattia_Vlad_Morleo_','_Fragrance_of_Hop�',0,0,30,0);
UPDATE `songs` SET `artist_played`=NOW() WHERE `artist` REGEXP '[[:&lt;:]]Mattia_Vlad_Morleo_[[:&gt;:]]';
)</Data>

Once file was relabeled and saved.  No more errors. :ok:
www.forestgreenradio.ca

DJ Garybaldy

I got rid of all the dodgy characters out of my database a couple of years back....  :bash:

2.0.1.4 is performing like a star no errors in error logs, Songs playing and crossfading as they should, Not noticed anything to spoil the party... Unless anyone knows different.
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

Vanlen

@DJ GaryBaldy Those darn dodgy characters can spoil everything :hihi:

Yes, this beta definitely is more robust for sure.

Cheers
www.forestgreenradio.ca

Marius

Thanks for the reports! I will do some tests soon.  ;)
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

Chip Douglas Mosley

I am using v2.0.1.3 BETA on air and testing v2.0.1.4 and the only problem I've run into is that if I schedule two songs in a row from the same category, it runs the same song. Both versions. Last weekend I tried resetting the count and that seemed to fix it, but it started doing it again today. Any suggestions?

<EDIT> I set both versions as new, clean installs.
Chip Douglas Mosley
Jukebox 92.7 WEPQ
www.jukebox927.com
jukebox927@yahoo,com
Radio DJ user since 2016, Live365 since 2019
Upgraded to v2.0.4.5 on January 25, 2024

Brodephat

I installed a fresh v2.0.1.4 copy then imported the latest backup from a 2.0.0.6 live station. Gonna watch it for a week or so. Got it on an extra streaming server so I can listen while out. Everything seems to load up fine.

Cool  :cool:

Just noticed the Tools menu under the Track Manager - Love the Display Duplicates options! Gonna save me a ton of time cleaning things up.

Still seeing two songs from same artist showing up as well as same artist and song back to back even.

Using Least Times Played and Least Recently Played logic only

I will try recreating my Rotations.

Also I thought what if I actually added values to the Rotation Rules for each rotation line instead of leaving it at 0 "zero", but that didn't fix it.

Okay seeing this strange behaviour:

If I set the "Keep in Playlist" to any number the Playlist will load up and when a song plays the list is advanced one but now the current number #1 Song is re-added and is the last song in the playlist. As soon as the number #1 song plays and the list advances, the new #1 is now re-added to the bottom of list.
Once the whole list has advanced then it's anybody's guess because a song may load up 4 of the same artist and song back to back.
I also checked those that were loading up to see if maybe they were duplicate files but even single entry files did the same thing.
"Think Outside The Box And Make Something Truly Wonderful Happen"

Youtube Channel: https://bit.ly/3fGBsKJ

My RadioDJ Stations:
NiaRadioNetwork.com
RealPeopleTalkRadio.com
TheTriadComeUp.com

Radio Imaging & Tools:
CarterScripts.com

Free RDJ Videos:
HowToUseRadioDJ.com

plauri

Quote from: Brodephat on December 17, 2018, 10:34:34 AM

If I set the "Keep in Playlist" to any number the Playlist will load up and when a song plays the list is advanced one but now the current number #1 Song is re-added and is the last song in the playlist. As soon as the number #1 song plays and the list advances, the new #1 is now re-added to the bottom of list.
Once the whole list has advanced then it's anybody's guess because a song may load up 4 of the same artist and song back to back.
I also checked those that were loading up to see if maybe they were duplicate files but even single entry files did the same thing.

It's exactly what happens to me, but I'm using my old 1.8.2 database. So the problem is not related to a fresh install db or using an old one, it must be something else... 
Funky Corner Radio
Radiodj v.2.0.4.5 (Windows 10)
http://www.funkycorner.radio
https://www.funkycorner.it
http://www.radiofunkycorner.com

Brodephat

Quote from: plauri on December 17, 2018, 12:03:11 PM
It's exactly what happens to me, but I'm using my old 1.8.2 database. So the problem is not related to a fresh install db or using an old one, it must be something else...

That option I made mention of is not available in v1.8.2

Try using Least Times Played for your logic in your rotations for each line or mix the logic with Least Times Played and Least Recently Played. Then make sure your Rotation Rules are 60 minutes or more.

In other words don't use the Random option as computers tend to not be random enough for what we do. The Least Times Played option forces RadioDJ to pick songs with lesser plays which really helps to make sure each song gets played but beware a pattern will develop that's why I mix Least Recently Played with it.

"Think Outside The Box And Make Something Truly Wonderful Happen"

Youtube Channel: https://bit.ly/3fGBsKJ

My RadioDJ Stations:
NiaRadioNetwork.com
RealPeopleTalkRadio.com
TheTriadComeUp.com

Radio Imaging & Tools:
CarterScripts.com

Free RDJ Videos:
HowToUseRadioDJ.com

AJ

When using slot mode for displaying the playlist you can no longer drag-and-drop a sweeper to play as a separate entry; you can only drag-and-drop a sweeper to play over the song intro.

In list mode you can still do both.

plauri

Quote from: Brodephat on December 17, 2018, 12:39:48 PM
That option I made mention of is not available in v1.8.2

Try using Least Times Played for your logic in your rotations for each line or mix the logic with Least Times Played and Least Recently Played. Then make sure your Rotation Rules are 60 minutes or more.

In other words don't use the Random option as computers tend to not be random enough for what we do. The Least Times Played option forces RadioDJ to pick songs with lesser plays which really helps to make sure each song gets played but beware a pattern will develop that's why I mix Least Recently Played with it.
Sorry Brodephat, maybe I didn't explained in the right way: I'm using the old 1.8.2 db imported into Beta release, following all the right steps. I also rebuild the rotation exactly as you say Least Times and Least Recently played and there are more than 60 minutes songs (I never used Random), but it doesn't work. It keeps repeating the same songs more and more...
Funky Corner Radio
Radiodj v.2.0.4.5 (Windows 10)
http://www.funkycorner.radio
https://www.funkycorner.it
http://www.radiofunkycorner.com

Marius

plauri, since you are using using an updated database i can't help you more. It's not that hard to create a new one and import a few folders to do some tests if you really want to give some feedback.
I was very clear that for the beta version is mandatory to have a new database at least until we iron out the bugs, otherwise that can be problems caused by updates and hard to reproduce for the other users.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------