• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

RadioDJ v2.0.1.5 BETA Released!

Started by Marius, December 19, 2018, 04:25:04 PM

Marius

Hey Chris, do you export the data to some web sites? I ask this because i think that the error comes from there, but it has nothing to do with the rotation.
Normally when exports the data to a server it expects a response, but i also witnessed a few times when the server didn't responded. That's nothing to worry about, because the program doesn't rely on that response, it will just log the problem.

If you say that the error was that you didn't had no rotation set, for some reason no rotation was loaded. Do you load the rotations manually, or are you using events, rest or some custom methods?
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

chrismadog

Hi Marius,

I don't export the data anywhere. I should - do a backup that is, LOL.
If it is logging a problem, maybe I need to investigate further and find out what it is trying to talk to.

Rotations - set by events. Each show is about 3 hrs and so every three hours I change the rotations to deliver the genre of music as appropriate.
Evidently, it is every Tuesday at 7am when it fails. I've changed the rotation, rebuilt the rotation and sworn at it - all to no avail. It says No rotation is set and sits there just serving sponsorships (Ads) and community messages every 15 minutes. At 9am and it loads another rotation, clears the playlist, loads the news including intros, outros etc and away it goes again working just fine.
The rotation used at 7am is used at other times too without any apparent problems.

I'm very puzzled as to what is going on.

Kind regards,
Chris
Presenter - 4SDB - Rose City FM 89.3 - Warwick, QLD Australia.
Station Engineer - http://rosecityfm.org.au
Community Radio - Bringing you the best of local radio.

kaaro

I have a few observations, but some of them (probably) relate to earlier versions as well (Im quite new to RadioDJ), so maybe they have already been discussed somewhere

1. When synchronizing/adding tracks to the database via the Folder Sync plugin, the newly added tracks get the priority 0 (in spite that 50 is set in the program settings as the default priority). I think that the setting should be respected.

2. It seems that the Tag Synchronization does not work from Tags to Database. I have edited tags in a few files (added albums names, years, corrected typos in track names), but when running the synchronization, the tracks did not update in the database. When I clicked ID Read in the Track Edit window, they did update. Am I doing something wrong? Is there any other way to update the database with updated tags? (I tried to reimport the entire folder, but I was getting the "file already exists" message and the tag info was not updated (and I dont want to empty the subcategory).) This issue occurs also in 2.0.0.6.

3. I constantly (everytime the respective subcategory is being added to the queue) receive the error in the event log "AutoDJ Error: Missing results for subcategory: Heavy Rotation. Subcategory was reset, but this can cause to play the tracks without respecting the repeat rules! Please import more tracks, or lower the repeat rules values." I have only about 40 songs the the Heavy Rotation subcategory, which, of course, is not enough for the default rotation rules, so the Heavy Rotation subcategory has overriden rotation rules values of 360, 120, 180 and 180 minutes, respectively. The Repeat Rules box in the rotation line is checked (I assume that if it is not chcecked, neither default, nor overriden values would be respected). The error is thrown both in case of the Least Recently played and Random selection mode. That subcategory is played once in 15 songs, so 40 songs are enough for about 35 hours, which is much more than 6 hours in the overriden repeat rule. When I click Edit in the rotation line, I see that "19 tracks available using these rules" (I would understand the error if 0 tracks would be available). I have the Reset Subcategories box checked, because when it was not checked, the program stopped serving from that subcategory. Anyway, Im not sure what exactly "reset subcategories" does, because the playtimes are not reset in spite that the error says that the subcategory was reset. However, I think that this is a bug and it seems that the program simply does not consider overriden values, but tries to apply the default ones. This issue does not occur in 2.0.0.6.

4. Is the Smart Event Interval function still not working? If it is not, I think that the information should be communicated not only via the forum, but also directly in the program, e.g. the respective setting should be disabled in the Settings > AutoDJ window or a text like "not working now" added after "seconds".

kaaro

I have one more thing, which has a "feature request" nature, but because it relates to the new way of populating the playlist queue in the Auto DJ mode, Im writing it here.

Currently, when a song is deleted from the the playlist queue, a new song is added to the end of the queue from the next line in the rotation (the same as when a new song starts to play). However, a more preferable behaviour for me would be, if the newly added song is not added at the end, but at the position of the deleted song, and moreover, from the same line of the rotation as the deleted song.

Example: A simple rotation of 6 lines - Powerplay, 80s, 00s, 70s, 10s, 90s. The default ten songs in the queue and 70s is the last. After an 80s song is deleted from the postion 2, a 10s song is added to the end of the queue. But I prefer that an 80s song be inserted to the postion 2.

Of course, there are users who prefer the current behaviour, so both ways should be possible. It could be done in several ways:
1. an option somewhere in settings, but it is not optimal, because the same user may want to use both methods alternately as appropriate
2. two Delete buttons, one for each behaviour, but it is not optimal either, because two red crosses would be misleading
3. clicking the red cross for one behaviour and Ctrl+clicking for the other behaviour, but it would not be optimal for touchscreens
4. (my favourite option) the confirmation dialog would have 3 buttons like "Yes, new here", "Yes, new down" and "Cancel" (when the Auto DJ mode is turned off, the current confirmation dialog would appear)
5. some other way

I know that the program whould have to remember from which rotation line each song was added so that it knows from which line to add the new song, for cases like when a song is manually moved in the queue and then deleted, but I think that Im not the only one who would enjoy this proposed behaviour.

zandgame17

Quote from: Marius on December 19, 2018, 04:25:04 PM
Time for the last release of the year. I want to wish everybody happy holidays and thank all our users and forum members making up our awesome community. We had a great year with a lot of accomplishments and i'm looking forward to see all the great stuff 2019 will bring.

Cheers!

Chages List:

- Fixed rotation editor bug which caused the deleted items to appear again (when using the keyboard delete key) [FIXED];
- Improved the database procedure code for AutoDJ;
- Minor bug fixes;

No database changes since latest beta, but if for any reason you see that tracks with diacritics are not correctly updated when they are played, you can try to update the database procedure. The new version sql file an be found in 2.0.1.4 topic.

Marius, i can't use Teasers in this version.
Any idea, all setting is OK from track type and teaser plugin.
For the first i can't see Teaser in "any category" so i add manual.
But it didn't work at all.

any clue? Thx

zandgame17

Quote from: zandgame17 on January 10, 2019, 06:30:09 AM

Marius, i can't use Teasers in this version.
Any idea, all setting is OK from track type and teaser plugin.
For the first i can't see Teaser in "any category" so i add manual.
But it didn't work at all.

any clue? Thx

SORRY, ALREADY FIX IT!  :ok: :D :hihi: CASE CLOSED ;)

Vanlen

Win 10/Maria DB Fresh Install RadioDJ V2.0.1.5 Beta.

Still humming along nicely since December 23rd 24/7 with no errors and as before all events, rotations, and playlists changing and updating as they should.
Your mileage may vary.  I don't use File Sync (I use Directory import when new files are put into their categories and set to only import NEW files) and I have not used any SQL Queries.

Thanks Marius. :cool:

Forest Green - Music in Nature's Frequency
www.forestgreenradio.ca

chrismadog

Marius,

I'm noticing that when playing a track that "Song Details" takes about 5 seconds to update. I've noticed a bit of sluggishness in other areas too (such as in "Search" in finding tracks) but this Song Details updating really stands out.
It used to have a delay of about 1/2 a second which was ok.

Kind regards,
Chris

chrismadog

Marius,

IMPORTANT Problem.

I have v2.006f on the main server and the secondary server is running v2.0.1.5
On v2.0.1.5 I am seeing a problem where a rotation is set, AUTODJ/MANUAL is on, AUTO is on, but nothing is being pulled up on rotation.

I can change rotations to no avail. Nothing. I can toggle AUTODJ and AUTO/ASSISTED - no difference.
If an event inserts Ads (Sponsorships) and station ID's or  then they will play perfectly. If I insert a song manually into the playlist, it will play perfectly.
Iy just won't insert songs from the rotation.

I have thousands of songs available and I do't have it not playing from the same artist - only tracknames cannot be played for 180 minutes.

The only way I've found to get it running properly again is to close it down and start it up again and then it runs for some random time and stops again. It can work OK for days and then fail twice or three times in one day.

Very odd.

Regards,
Chris

Marius

Hey Chris, as always a quick check of event logs would help me a lot. Thanks.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

adrinto

Hello marios
I'm using 2.0.1.5 beta that I updated from version 2.0.0.3 more stable version that is playing on the pc of the radio I made bakup on a new machine version 2.0.0.3 then I installed version 2.0.1.5 beta as suggested update database setup select update file for version 2.0.1.5
Everything went well it imported the database of the version 2.0.0.3 and is stable until today from the 27 of December of 2018

I'm about to install this beta on the official pc of Radio that is playing on FM
If and when to release a non beta version 2.0.1.6 free will only install over this 2.0.1.5 beta ??
Grateful
Thank you so much for your hard work.
Waiting feedback :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

chrismadog

Hi Marius,
The Event logging wasn't turned on so I have since turned it on and waiting for it to fail again to see what happens.

I have noted some problems you may have an idea on though.

17 Jan 2019 19:25:59
An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
   at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

I think you may have seen this pne before ?
I have no idea why RadioDJ would have any connections elsewhere or why other software would be causing this.
It really doesn't make sense to me.

I will get back to you regarding log entries I can send you when it fails again.

What event category in windows does it write a log to ?

Best Regards,
chris

Marius

Thanks Chris. The only network implementation is in the Now Playing Info plugin. I will check it again, maybe for some reason it ignores the enable setting, otherwise i cannot explain the error. But even so, this cannot interfere with the rotation in any way.
Will get back.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

chrismadog

Thanks Marius,

I was running v1.8.2.0 overnight (I'm running v2.0.1.5 during the day when presenters are running live) and it came up possibly with a clue - ?? - dunno. Just a guess.

It came up with an error as per attachments.
(The .png file has the error window.)

Suggestion: A plugin you send to selected beta testers that sends a copy of any errors straight to you. Not to be released otherwise and only with the express agreement of those people. ? May work ? You could even give it an expiry date or some way to invalidate it with official releases. You would probably have a better idea how to implement that than I would. :)

Best regards,
Chris

[attachment deleted by admin]

Brodephat

Still getting this error and not sure why. It hits and misses. It's preventing me from updating my now playing display, Twitter and TuneIn
Got it in v2.0.1.3 and I'm using v2.0.1.5 fresh install, restored a db and did the updates.

Playing Info Plugin [Web Export] Error: The operation has timed out
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(TransportContext& context)
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()
   at Plugin_PlayingInfo.ClassUpdate.‍‍​‫‎‫‍​‬‮‭‌‫‌​‪
‎‌‬‫‬‌‭‏‪‎‪‮(SongData )
"Think Outside The Box And Make Something Truly Wonderful Happen"

Youtube Channel: https://bit.ly/3fGBsKJ

My RadioDJ Stations:
NiaRadioNetwork.com
RealPeopleTalkRadio.com
TheTriadComeUp.com

Radio Imaging & Tools:
CarterScripts.com

Free RDJ Videos:
HowToUseRadioDJ.com