• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

RadioDJ v2.0.1.6 Beta Released!

Started by Marius, June 13, 2019, 09:44:34 AM

DJ Garybaldy

Yes the associated artist columns are populated. Its just filling that field with the artist name(s) in lower case, is that likely to affect things?

I've looked at the database several times I don't think that's the culprit here.

If that's not what you mean then I'm at a loss.

Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

jopizz

Any idea why the associated artist field is removing the "&" sign from the artist name. e.g. Smokey Robinson & The Miracles shows as smokey robinson,the miracles.

John

Calypso

Quote from: jopizz on July 29, 2019, 02:22:06 AM
Any idea why the associated artist field is removing the "&" sign from the artist name. e.g. Smokey Robinson & The Miracles shows as smokey robinson,the miracles.

Because you have the "&" sign as a seperator. So when you have "George Michael & Elton John" both "George Michael" and "Elton John" are tagged as artists that have been played.

Calypso

Quote from: DJ Garybaldy on July 28, 2019, 07:17:09 PM
Yes the associated artist columns are populated. Its just filling that field with the artist name(s) in lower case, is that likely to affect things?

I've looked at the database several times I don't think that's the culprit here.

If that's not what you mean then I'm at a loss.
No that's what I meant. The thought was that maybe the population didn't go well.

DJ Garybaldy

We'll call it an intermittent issue...

Its not done it today its stuck to the rotation rules, although it seemed to ignore a couple of requests in the request queue even though its been a while since those artist & songs played I checked play dates.

Its going to be one of those things that we probably couldn't explain even if we could.

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

jopizz

I got an artist being repeated within 30 minutes even though my repeat rules is set to 180 minutes. The first song was loaded using an event with the repeat rules box checked. The second song was loaded using a rotation with the repeat rules also checked off.

John

DJ Garybaldy

After a few more days testing the artist repetitions problem is very much an intermittent problem its not happened today but it did happen on the past couple of days.

All the tracks so far today have stuck to the rotation/artist rules and there is no clue to go on as nothing is reported in error logs when it does occur.

Its painful not being able to say this causes it or that causes it... We need to call Sherlock Holmes!

massimino

Hi, but the problem with the sweepers has been solved, if I insert a sweeper and then I remove it it continues to work like never?

Echers

Another noted issue I have is when I want to skip the current song, the program fades the current song as it's supposed to and then hangs for 1-3 seconds before actually started the next song.

I have the manual mix fade set to 250ms (I've tested with shorter and longer times but same result)

I hope some can help out with this matter :)

jopizz

I'm not having that issue. Are you using MySQL or MariaSQL.

John

metalzone

So far this beta is working extremely well.  One issue I'm having though, is when I type in the search bar within the Playlist Builder, the text lags behind.  It doesn't happen in the Tracks Manager or the main program, only in the Playlist Builder. 
It isn't happening in the last official release, not sure why this is.

Calypso

Quote from: metalzone on August 22, 2019, 09:32:08 AM
So far this beta is working extremely well.  One issue I'm having though, is when I type in the search bar within the Playlist Builder, the text lags behind.  It doesn't happen in the Tracks Manager or the main program, only in the Playlist Builder. 
It isn't happening in the last official release, not sure why this is.

There have been a number of changes in the queries that RDJ sends - there are differences in behaviour in other scenarios too (what I noticed was a problem with ProxySQL that I use; the latest version 2.0.6 of it doesn't behave well with the RDJ Beta's, while it works without a problem on the last official release).

I think pointing out that in a certain area (in your case Trackmanager) it seems to lag helps Marius to see if either a change he made there is cause for this, or maybe he didn't alter that part yet.

Brodephat

The latest reports using this version for the past 3+ months:

Running v2.0.1.6 on 4 stations on one PC
Win 7 64 with 4 GB Ram and SSD Drives
MariaDB 10.1 64bit

Station 1

22 Aug 2019 18:29:10
Reading from the stream has failed.   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.LoadPacket()
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.ReadPacket()
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.ReadOk(Boolean read)
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.SetDatabase(String dbName)
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.SetDatabase(String dbName)
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.ChangeDatabase(String databaseName)
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.Open()
   at rdjInterface.MysqlClass.MysqlQuery(String sql, DataSet& ds)
   at z{LYp1Biu#Q%#@QH`\*L:\,I=R!.MysqlQuery(String query, DataSet& ds)
   at Plugin_Requests.UC_Requests.?????????????????????????????????????????()
   at Plugin_Requests.UC_Requests.?????????????????????????????????????????(Object , EventArgs )
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

*** This one could be due to site being down for a day ***

22 Aug 2019 18:25:49
A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
   at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

Station 2 (after Windows update)

23 Aug 2019 13:23:32
Timeout in IO operation   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.TimedStream.StopTimer()
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.TimedStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.ReadFully(Stream stream, Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.LoadPacket()
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.ReadPacket()
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.ReadOk(Boolean read)
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.SetDatabase(String dbName)
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.SetDatabase(String dbName)
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.ChangeDatabase(String databaseName)
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.Open()
   at rdjInterface.MysqlClass.MysqlQuery(String sql, DataSet& ds)
   at z{LYp1Biu#Q%#@QH`\*L:\,I=R!.MysqlQuery(String query, DataSet& ds)
   at Plugin_Requests.UC_Requests.?????????????????????????????????????????()
   at Plugin_Requests.UC_Requests.?????????????????????????????????????????(Object , EventArgs )
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

*** Not sure what's happening here since the site is back up - Another station 3 ***

23 Aug 2019 13:23:32
A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
   at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

Another Station 4

23 Aug 2019 13:41:58
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.   at Plugin_History.HistoryControl.?????????????????????????????????????????(String )
   at Plugin_History.HistoryControl.?????????????????????????????????????????(Object , EventArgs )

"Think Outside The Box And Make Something Truly Wonderful Happen"

Youtube Channel: https://bit.ly/3fGBsKJ

My RadioDJ Stations:
NiaRadioNetwork.com
RealPeopleTalkRadio.com
TheTriadComeUp.com

Radio Imaging & Tools:
CarterScripts.com

Free RDJ Videos:
HowToUseRadioDJ.com

DJ Garybaldy

Requests don't appear to be sticking to repeat rules I have my artist separation at 300 and Erasure has just played yet its trying to stick a request by them into the queue. I have repeat rules ticked on requests in my rotations.

Derek

Quote from: DJ Garybaldy on August 02, 2019, 05:27:06 PM
After a few more days testing the artist repetitions problem is very much an intermittent problem its not happened today but it did happen on the past couple of days.

All the tracks so far today have stuck to the rotation/artist rules and there is no clue to go on as nothing is reported in error logs when it does occur.

Its painful not being able to say this causes it or that causes it... We need to call Sherlock Holmes!

I've noticed that since testing on Saturday, the repeat rules seem to be ignored if re-starting the program. E.g. A track played 20 mins after the same track having restarted RadioDJ but when left running, when I've done spot checks on it, it seems to be obeying the rules.

This next point is probably unconnected but since upgrading from Beta 2.0.1.5 and running the database update file, I only had to recreate the rotations. Interestingly, if it tried to load an "old" rotation, the playlist would be blank and then if then trying to load a "new" rotation after it went blank, it still would not do so even after manually trying to clear the (empty) list unless you re-started RadioDJ where re-starting allowed the new rotation(s) to load ok.
After recreating all the rotations, it has been loading them all ok.