• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

RadioDJ v2.0.2.0 Beta Released!

Started by Marius, January 19, 2020, 05:40:19 PM

Marius

The files are stored locally? On Windows 10 with the newer updates, i often saw that external USB drives are entering on power saving (sleep), even if i disable that, case in which it takes some time to spin up the drive and start reading it.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

AdrianHondema

Hi Marius,

I thought of that but his is an SSD drive so it has no spin delay.... It doesn't happen often though, a couple of times per week at random times.

Adrian

Marius

Any chance that something intensive (like updates, or virus scanning) is running in background? You can try to increase the RadioDJ priority in settings as a test.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

Marius

Another thing you can try is to disable the "high precision cue points" in track editor, which requires to scan the whole file.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

AdrianHondema

Hi Marius,

That is a very good tip, I'll try that. I will keep you informed!

Adrian

AdrianHondema

Hi again Marius,

Unfortunatelly, I cannot disable the 'high precision cue points'. The presented show is selected in an event by a datemask yyyy-MM-dd.HH.m3u (load m3u playlist by datemask) which points to an m3u file. That m3u file references the corresponding mp3 file. RadioDJ automatically adds the mp3 file to the playlist when the m3u file is selected, which happens while the TOTH is playing. So, there is no opportunity to change the cue points before the file starts playing....

Adrian

Marius

I'm not sure i understand how you do it, the files from the playlist are not imported yet in rdj? If so, the program will first import them and when playing it will read it again, this indeed can cause some delay, but i'm baffled about the 2 minutes delay. It's a lot.

If you have the chance the import the files first, you can disable the high precission cue point from the track editor. Then whenever you load the track, even when using playlists, the settings will apply.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

AdrianHondema

Hi Marius,

Let me explain. We are running a radio station with presenters pre-recording 1 hour shows. They upload their shows to our server. While the shows are uploaded (via a custom built web application), the name of the show is changed to it's broadcast date and time (dd-mm-yyyy.hh.mp3). Because RadioDJ can only schedule M3U files based on date-format, a corresponding M3U is created automatically for each show (dd-mm-yyyy.hh.m3u).

Events are used to schedule the Top of the hour event as well as the shows. The TOTH is scheduled at precisely the top of the hour and lasts for 20 seconds. 6 seconds after the TOTH has started, the next show is loaded. I cannot load the show earlier because sometimes a show is missing in which case we broadcast non-stop music. The show is loaded by a 'Load M3U playlist by Date Mask' event so the right show is aired at the right time. The mp3 files have not been added to the RadioDJ playlist before, RadioDJ does that automatically when the M3U file is loaded. The M3U file references the MP3 file with the same name. So, the MP3 file is loaded and added to the RadioDJ playlist just before it is played.

A day later, all the shows that have been aired the previous day are deleted and an event removes th deteled tracks from the playlist using an 'Verify tracks' event.

AdrianHondema

Hi Marius,

Just an idea: would it be possible to create an event-type that imports files from a given directory? That way, I can import the files before they are broadcast.

Adrian

Marius

There is the Folder Sync plugin which syncs a folder to a custom defined subcategory. The sync operation can be done either manually, either by creating an event. You could give it a try.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

AdrianHondema

Hi Marius,

You keep surprising me! I was not aware of that plugin: I'll give it a try, will keep you posted about the results!

Adrian

JazzyCups

Quote from: DJ Garybaldy on January 21, 2020, 11:22:37 AM
Don't know about anyone else but the songs/artist repeating bug seems to have been fixed here.

I'm not seeing songs by the currently playing artist populating the bottom of the queue as I was in 2016

Did that happen for you with a remote instance connected or with a single RadioDJ machine active? Currently I'm dealing with something that sounds similar, except it doesn't queue up the song but log it in the database despite the remote instance being set as passive.

Jhonny

Is there a chance for a beta update?  :angel:

So Having some to do in the lock down time for testing. 8)
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

zandgame17

hei Marius and all of radiodj users, Happy New Year and Merry late Christmas to all of u.

Help. I found that, with mysql my playlist isn't running well when britney spears play, there is britney spears feat, not marked as play too. but when i'm using MariaDB, it marked as well. is it bugs? or?

Thx

martyuk1

I too am having new version withdrawal symptoms lol.  They are always worth it but we always have to wait a seriously long time for a new version  :D :huh: :hihi: ???