• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

RadioDJ v2.0.3.4 Beta Released!

Started by Marius, December 11, 2021, 06:28:57 PM

afalout

Hi everyone,

I tried to enable MIDI plugin in 2.0.3.1 and 2.0.3.4, but as soon as I click on MIDI plugin settings whole RadioDJ freezes, CPU use shoots to 100% and I have no choice but to kill it.

Is MIDI plugin still supported?

Thanks,
Andrej

Andrew

I just tested the Midi plugin for this version and works ok on my side.
Did you install this version on a new folder?

afalout

Quote from: Andrew on December 20, 2021, 06:25:25 PM
I just tested the Midi plugin for this version and works ok on my side.
Did you install this version on a new folder?
Thanks for your reply. Its good to know it is supposed to be working.
I installed both versions on separate computers. When I select Config>Plugins>MIDI controller plugin and click on "Settings" button, Window "Midi Controller Config" opens, and it's completely empty.
Every few seconds a message pops in taskbar: "Warning an exception has occurred, please see the logs". OK/Cancel buttons do nothing, window cannot be closed, so the only way out is to kill RadioDJ using task manager.
If I unplug my controller (Allen & Heath XONE:4D) - MIDI Controller Config opens OK. If I connect Akai APC40, it opens OK.
So I suppose this is something related to this specific controller. Tested it with Mixxx and Traktor, and it works flawlessly.
Can anyone suggest how to debug/fix this to get A&H XONE:4D working with RadioDJ?
Thanks for your help.
Andrej

DJ Garybaldy

I don't if anyone else can confirm this: In 2031 I couldn't select Least Recently played or Least times played without it wanting to repeat artists in the queue.

In 2034 I don't appear to be getting any artists that have just played repopulating the playlist

Obviously I'll keep an eye on things but that another Improvement.
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

DJ Garybaldy

I really don't think there's anything wrong with this beta... It seems to be performing as expected.

I've thrown everything i normally throw at a beta and its holding up OK

I've tested most of the functions. Even the removed plugins have stopped repopulating on startup. Must have been a Gremlin in my system

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

DJ Garybaldy

Tell a fib this just populated error logs about every 5/6 seconds its been logging the same thing

ERROR: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value to add was out of range.
Parameter name: value
   at System.DateTime.Add(Double value, Int32 scale)
   at Plugin_Playlist.ControlCarts.‎‫‌‭‎‭‌‪‌‌‌‭‌‪‮‏‮‌‎‪‮‮‬‪‎‍‮(Double )
   at Plugin_Playlist.ControlCarts.‭‌‬‮‭‫‭‪‍‏‫‏‭‍‭​‪‮‬‏‌‎‪‌‭‭‮(Object , EventArgs )
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)   at System.DateTime.Add(Double value, Int32 scale)
   at Plugin_Playlist.ControlCarts.‎‫‌‭‎‭‌‪‌‌‌‭‌‪‮‏‮‌‎‪‮‮‬‪‎‍‮(Double )
   at Plugin_Playlist.ControlCarts.‭‌‬‮‭‫‭‪‍‏‫‏‭‍‭​‪‮‬‏‌‎‪‌‭‭‮(Object , EventArgs )
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Interestingly RadioDJ hasn't thrown that message at me since I restarted the application.

Other than that everything is playing away nicely will keep an eye on things.. First error in over 12 days

dublin dance

Has the disable tracks plugin been discontinued from radio DJ? I see the folder for it in the disabled plugins folder but it's empty. The facility to disable tracks isn't working in tracks manager either which i presume needs that plugin to work?

afalout

Quote from: DJ Garybaldy on December 23, 2021, 05:06:11 PM
Tell a fib this just populated error logs about every 5/6 seconds its been logging the same thing
Where is this log file located, how do I enable it?
Is there a guide somewhere that describes how to troubleshoot RadioDJ and report bugs?
Specifically for troubleshooting plugins (MIDI) in my case...
Any advice gratefully received...
Andrej

DJ Garybaldy

@afalout Providing you've enabled error reporting in RadioDJ (Main options Screen) you need to do the following.

Start>Control Panel>Administrative tools>Event viewer>Windows Logs>Application

Or look in the logs folders in RadioDJ

Petersen

I have some problems with v.2.0.3.4

For RadioDJ to see the dbase i have to select SLL !

When i want to backup the existing dbase "MySql Database: radiodj2030" it never ends at about 85% the bar stops. So can not make an backup anymore.

When i build an new dbase "MySql Database: radiodj2034" it gives an error message!
Completed with error(s). MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005). Specified key was too long: max key length is 1000 bytes a"
The rest of the text can't be read as its outside of the window and you cant scroll left or right !

When i want to restore an old dbase (radio2030) on radiodj2034 i get the error:
Completed with error(s). MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005). Packets larger than max_allowed_packet are not allowed.

Further i installed the program on D:\ but it still makes c:\RadioDJ for NowPlaying.txt but this can be edited in the options.
But had to edit the setting_general.xml for
<Key>RecordsFolder</Key> and <Key>ArtworkPath</Key>

Also i experience much more drop outs in the stream when i browse on the same PC then with v2.0.3.1

Arno

afalout

Quote from: DJ Garybaldy on December 24, 2021, 10:45:54 AM
@afalout Providing you've enabled error reporting in RadioDJ (Main options Screen) you need to do the following.

Start>Control Panel>Administrative tools>Event viewer>Windows Logs>Application

Or look in the logs folders in RadioDJ

Thank you very much!. The error in Logs folder is probably more meaningfull:

30 Nov 2021 20:17:40
Error creating window handle.   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.CreateHandle(CreateParams cp)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolTip.CreateHandle()
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolTip.get_TopLevelControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolTip.CreateRegion(Control ctl)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolTip.HandleCreated(Object sender, EventArgs eventargs)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCreate(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

It happens immediately when I select A&H MIDI in MIDI plug-in drop-down box. App locks, and Windows System Interrupts consume 100% CPU. This does not happen if I select for example Akai APC40 MIDI as device in MIDI plug-in. (Note that A&H Midi works OK in other apps, such as Mixxx)

This occurs repeatedly many times each second, until I kill RadioDJ from Task Manager.
Is there a bug reporting tool somewhere where I should open this bug?
Or can anyone here help?

Thanks,
Andrej

Vanlen

UPDATE:
Quick Restart of Radio DJ and the Problem is Gone.
So the only thing I did was start up a wave editing program while it was running  ( I THINK?).

Anyway Problem below is Gone   P o o f!  :cool:

Noticed a few errors in event log for RadioDJ Beta 2034.  None over a week but this morning on Dec 26 the Bass Errors happened and only when opening the CUE EDITOR with no way to edit the Cue Data ???
  <EventData>
    <Data>PI900 ERROR: BASS_ERROR_INIT! File: D:\RadioStation2022\xChrsitmas\Bill Crosby - A Marshmellow World.mp3</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

It's running live and no drop outs and the errors don't re-appear as I avoid using the Cue Editor.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Forest Green - Music in Nature's Frequency
www.forestgreenradio.ca

DJ Garybaldy

I just looked the main playout PC and there have been ZERO RadioDJ 2034 related errors in over 2 weeks since I started the instance with the old database

The instance with the new DB also seems to be working OK on that machine even if it is playing away to itself.

Only had errors relating to 2034 on this computer which is strange. I already reported the error.

The only errors I did come across were  MySQL logon errors with MariaDB on the main playout machine but I fixed that by removing ROOT access.

Derek

I've just noticed that some recently added tracks are being played sooner than repeat rules allow.

It seems to be only when the rotation is selecting least times played so it's as if least times played is overriding the repeat rules.

Vanlen

Very Happy with RadioDJ 2.0.34 Beta.

Running two versions
Windows 10/64bit on a fresh installed data base running regular and Christmas Programming using the latest MariaDB 10.6.5 without any issues. (Other than switching from Rodecaster Pro to voicemeeter Potato which caused a bass error but was NOT RadioDJ related.  Dumped Potato and back to Rodecaster Pro and solid over Regular Programing to a three day Christmas with Features, events, and xmas music and then back to regular schedule after midnight at the end of Boxing Day.

The Second is on a Windows 7/64 bit PC running MariaDB 10.4 (since 10.6x only runs on Windows 10 and up) again with a fresh installed data base without any issues.

Again both with Fresh Database using RadioDJ 20.3.4.    I don't use SQL Queries thus far as I can do what I need  going with manual events and events to trigger them all  so can't speak on queries.

RadioDJ 2.0.3.4 is a winner in my book.
Thanks again Marius

Forest Green - Music in Nature's Frequency
www.forestgreenradio.ca