• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

RadioDJ v2.0.3.6 Beta Released!

Started by Marius, March 13, 2022, 05:48:38 PM

Jhonny

Previous beta had it too.
and also shows in the history screen.,
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

FL Coast

Quote from: Jhonny on March 15, 2022, 03:02:45 PM
@Marius
Why is the column header blue in the search screen at artist, and I can't change it (turn it off)

Can't see a purpose it serves. Very Distracting.
:)    Play the Music and Have Fun!    :ok:
==================================
Fun In The Sun,  From the Florida Coast
"It is what we learn after we think we know it all, that counts."
John Wooden 1910 - 2010

Derek

Quote from: DJ Garybaldy on March 15, 2022, 02:10:35 PM
The Bug where the music would stop if you edited a file in the playlist doesn't appear to be an issue now (Can anyone else confirm?)
Hi Gary, No it still happens if you don't click 'Save'. I've tried on a clean install as well. If you go into the file within the playlist area, for example just to view the file details, and click Save it's ok, but only clicking Close it's not. Also, if you don't click Save at first, but go back into the file and then click Save, it resets it to being ok again (same as previous version).

DJ Garybaldy

Quote from: Derek on March 15, 2022, 05:38:24 PM
Hi Gary, No it still happens if you don't click 'Save'. I've tried on a clean install as well. If you go into the file within the playlist area, for example just to view the file details, and click Save it's ok, but only clicking Close it's not. Also, if you don't click Save at first, but go back into the file and then click Save, it resets it to being ok again (same as previous version).

I've been able to replicate it so yes its still there its slightly annoying  >:D why is there a Close & Save button surely just having a save button in track edit to close the dialogue box would eliminate the issue?

Thought @Marius

But yes its does need fixing
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

Derek

Quote from: DJ Garybaldy on March 15, 2022, 05:46:38 PM
I've been able to replicate it so yes its still there its slightly annoying  >:D why is there a Close & Save button surely just having a save button in track edit to close the dialogue box would eliminate the issue?

Thought @Marius

But yes its does need fixing

It doesn't happen on the official release v2.0.0.6, (nor does the rotation changing problem), so it's something that's happened since then, but has been happening in the last few betas.

vassilis

It seems that RadioDJ can not load tracks of standard m3u or m3u8 playlists that contain accented filenames such as Alizée - Moi ... Lolita

Andrew

Quote from: Marius on March 14, 2022, 12:01:43 PM
Oh, i understand the problem now. Checking right now.
//Update: you are right, i thought that the problem is a different one. Fixing right now.

Hi Marius
this fix will be included into the next beta?

Marius

QuoteWhy is the column header blue in the search screen at artist, and I can't change it (turn it off)

In the previous version of .NET Framework Microsoft forcibly introduced this "feature" for accessibility reasons, for now i can't do much and is not a priority.

@Andrew, yes the rotation selection is fixed, later today i will release the new beta.

QuoteHi Gary, No it still happens if you don't click 'Save'. I've tried on a clean install as well. If you go into the file within the playlist area, for example just to view the file details, and click Save it's ok, but only clicking Close it's not. Also, if you don't click Save at first, but go back into the file and then click Save, it resets it to being ok again (same as previous version).

@Derek, thanks for the steps to reproduce this It should be fixed for the next version.
@vassilis, yes i can confirm this on MariaDB, but only after you restore a backup it happens. From the moment they switched to utf8mb3 they completely screwed up the encodings. I'm thinking seriously to drop support for MariaDB. For the moment i will continue to research on this issue. Sorry.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

DJ Garybaldy

I don't know whats gone wrong at MariaDB with the 10.6 builds... But 10.6 doesn't play nicely on the 2 machines I tried upgrading.

I recommend 10.5.8 and plan on staying on that version as long as it works.My database seems to be working flawlessly in in 2036
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

Marius

I think i found a workaround on the encoding issue, but i will need some testing from you guys. Let me wrap things together and i will publish the new beta to see how it goes.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.