• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

RadioDJ v2.0.3.7 Beta Released!

Started by Marius, March 17, 2022, 07:14:56 PM

Marius

The new beta is out, as usual, please don't mix files from older versions.
Databases from 2.0.3.5/2.0.3.6 are fully compatible, however you had problems with encoding (strange characters) on restoring backups, they will remain in the database, but if you restore it with this version of database setup, the characters should be displayed correctly.

Changes:
- Playlist stop bug on track details window closing should be fixed;
- Track rotations bug is fixed;
- Database encoding should work fine on backup restore.

Please try it and report any issues.
Thank you! 😘
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

Andrew

Thanks Marius!
I can confirm that the problem with track rotations was fixed :cool:

Derek

Brilliant! Yes, I can confirm that the track edit but not saved in the playlist area no longer causes a problem and the rotation editing bug is also now fixed on our setup as well.
(Running on MariaDB v10.4) Perfect! Thanks so much Marius ;D :cool:

DJ Garybaldy

Quote from: Derek on March 18, 2022, 12:22:11 AM
Brilliant! Yes, I can confirm that the track edit but not saved in the playlist area no longer causes a problem and the rotation editing bug is also now fixed on our setup as well.
(Running on MariaDB v10.4) Perfect! Thanks so much Marius ;D :cool:
+1

I seriously think this could be an RC. Are there plans to make a Database conversion tool for older databases?
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

Marius

I have the code already, i just need to put it together.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

Vanlen

Well Done Marius. :cool:

RadioDJ v2.0.3.7/MariaDB 10.6.5 is as the song goes, "Solid as a Rock"

As in all of the betas especially new users is to just make sure images/recordings/Auto Back Up now playing Settings are pointed to the right folders and your good to go!

A feel a Spring Release is in the air. :hihi:

Forest Green - Music in Nature's Frequency
www.forestgreenradio.ca

Derek

I've just discovered that if the track edit window is left open for an item within the playlist area when it's supposed to play, it will be skipped, but playout only stops for around 2-3 seconds before continuing with the next item. (If the window is closed any time before it plays, it's fine *update* - as long as it's closed by clicking 'Close', not the X)

This is minor compared to what was happening before but I thought it was worth mentioning as it doesn't happen in the release version 2.0.0.6 where the item still plays ok with the edit window open.

Vanlen

@Derek

I tried to repeat your scenario but  no hiccups on my system.  :huh:
I had the Track Edit Window open along with Cue Editor Open with the track coming up next in the playout and all was fine from opening it in the Search Window.

Were you using Track Manager and/or did this error happen from a Rotation or a playlist?

Cheers

www.forestgreenradio.ca

DJ Garybaldy

I just tried it on a jingle from the playlist and RadioDJ skipped it while the track windows was open (Nice catch Derek)  :cool:   

Edit: It only does it when you open the track edit from playlist it doesn't do it if you search for it and leave it open

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Derek

Quote from: Vanlen on March 19, 2022, 01:16:02 PM
Were you using Track Manager and/or did this error happen from a Rotation or a playlist?
It happens when the edit window is left open/minimised (or closed on the X not 'Save' or 'Close') when opened from within the playlist area, for example to view item details such as category etc. It also does that colour change if it moves up the playlist.

Vanlen

C O N F I R M E D  :cool:

Never opened files from there before but happened Exactly as you stated.  It changed Colour  and then 2 seconds and away it went to the next track.

Again I've never opened a file from within the actual Playout going live Window and now Definitely Won't  :hihi:
www.forestgreenradio.ca

Shojka

I'm in test mode few days. No errors so far. Everything i need for my radio station works perfect. I dont use track edit at all (No need because i use other track editor, i didnt change my tracks after importing in RDJ). All you should do after track edit in RDJ to work perfect is clicking on "Sync database" in OPTIONS tab and click "confirn tracks", "update track duration" and errors are gone. So if you use clean MariaDB 10.6.7 install and clean RDJ 2.0.3.7 it will be no track edit errors whatever you do, BUT just before installing mariadb and RDJ if you have used older versions of maridb and RDJ, MUST DO step is delete all files in Windows Pretfech folder and clear Win cashe (type %TEMP% in win search field and delete all files and folders inside, right after in search type %appdata% and do the same, some of them must be skipped).
Great work Marius. No need for any changes my friend. Nothing is perfect and nothing will be ever. So make it official. Thanks!

DJ Garybaldy

Just trying out different rotation formats.

I've found If I select songs by random I don't get artists repeating in the playlist

BUT if I use LRP or LTP it wants to select an artist who has just played and its not respecting the associated artists

EDIT: Scrub that I've redone my rotations and the issues are no longer present strange as they were the same rotations I had in 2035

I'm getting this in Error logs

QuoteWatchdog started the next track from the playlist!
The playlist has been playing just fine

chrismadog

I downloaded 2.0.3.7 and unzipped it - Windows Defender raises an urgent issue :(

= = = = = =
Trojan:Win32/AgentTesla!ml
Alert level:Severe
Date: 21/03/2022 8:56 AM
Category: Trojan
Details: This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker.

Affected items: file: C:\Users\User\Downloads\RadioDJ\SetupRadioDJ2037Beta.exe
= = = = = =

I bypassed it and kept going but Marius needs to know the problem.

Cheers !

Presenter - 4SDB - Rose City FM 89.3 - Warwick, QLD Australia.
Station Engineer - http://rosecityfm.org.au
Community Radio - Bringing you the best of local radio.

Derek

Quote from: DJ Garybaldy on March 20, 2022, 02:26:20 PM

I'm getting this in Error logs

"Watchdog started the next track from the playlist!"

The playlist has been playing just fine
We're also getting this every hour on this version only when play resumes after pausing for the news, seems to be when assisted is disabled (to return to Automated) after a Seconds To Wait item. In reality, playout is fine and there is no error in playing the item.