• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

RadioDJ v2.0.3.7 Beta Released!

Started by Marius, March 17, 2022, 07:14:56 PM

FL Coast

Quote from: DJ Garybaldy on March 20, 2022, 02:26:20 PM
I'm getting this in Error logs

QuoteWatchdog started the next track from the playlist!

The playlist has been playing just fine

I have always received this error especially coming out of the news that is fed via internet since it has no cue points I have assumed that is what is starting the next track.  :cool:  And like DJ Garybaldy that is the only thing I have seen so far.

Also to put it out there, I imported the database that I was using from 2.0.3.1 which was an import from 2.0.1.6. on MariaDb 10.4.22.  I have not done a database rebuild since somewhere around 1.7.1 (that I can remember).  I have done the conversions that Marius suggested through the various upgrades, and do routine maintenance with HediSQL. RadioDJ v2.0.3.7 has been running for over 24 hours now without issue. Also I have not backed up a database from this version and re-imported it yet, so Fingers Crossed!
:)    Play the Music and Have Fun!    :ok:
==================================
Fun In The Sun,  From the Florida Coast
"It is what we learn after we think we know it all, that counts."
John Wooden 1910 - 2010

chrismadog

Another problem discovered which affects previous betas as well.

Going to Settings - Options - Stream Titles - File Type Titles

Setting the Music string to "$artist$ - $title$ - $year$" and saving it - goes in without an error but next time RadioDJ is started, it crashes with an exception error as follows;

21 Mar 2022 10:43:08
Top-level control cannot be added to a control.   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlCollection.Add(Control value)
   at MdiTabControl.TabControl.TabPageCollection.OnInsertComplete(Int32 index, Object value)
   at System.Collections.CollectionBase.System.Collections.IList.Add(Object value)
   at MdiTabControl.TabControl.TabPageCollection.Add(Form Form)
   at :mMe!sxTZWLU\[HuUo:iD)_%)#.‪‎‎‌‫‍‏‏‫‎‫‮‪‫‮‫‭‬‌‫‬‍‮(TabPageCollection , Form )
   at :mMe!sxTZWLU\[HuUo:iD)_%)#.​‍‍‏‍‍‮‎‮‭‍​‭‪‫‮‏‎‪‪‍‫‎‭‬‮()
   at :mMe!sxTZWLU\[HuUo:iD)_%)#.‮‌‭‬‪‭‫‏‫‭​‭‪‫‎‍‏‪‍​‫‎‎‍‬‭‮()
   at :mMe!sxTZWLU\[HuUo:iD)_%)#.‮‭‎‍‍‫​‪‭‭‍​​‫‎‮‍​‍‪‭‮‮‫‍‫‍‮(Object , EventArgs )
   at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

The program doesn't start correctly and leaves the RadioDJ splash on the screen overlaid.

Cheers !
Chris M
Presenter - 4SDB - Rose City FM 89.3 - Warwick, QLD Australia.
Station Engineer - http://rosecityfm.org.au
Community Radio - Bringing you the best of local radio.

FL Coast

Quote from: chrismadog on March 21, 2022, 02:35:15 AM
Another problem discovered which affects previous betas as well.

Going to Settings - Options - Stream Titles - File Type Titles

Setting the Music string to "$artist$ - $title$ - $year$" and saving it - goes in without an error but next time RadioDJ is started, it crashes with an exception error as follows;

21 Mar 2022 10:43:08
Top-level control cannot be added to a control.   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlCollection.Add(Control value)
   at MdiTabControl.TabControl.TabPageCollection.OnInsertComplete(Int32 index, Object value)
   at System.Collections.CollectionBase.System.Collections.IList.Add(Object value)
   at MdiTabControl.TabControl.TabPageCollection.Add(Form Form)
   at :mMe!sxTZWLU\[HuUo:iD)_%)#.‪‎‎‌‫‍‏‏‫‎‫‮‪‫‮‫‭‬‌‫‬‍‮(TabPageCollection , Form )
   at :mMe!sxTZWLU\[HuUo:iD)_%)#.​‍‍‏‍‍‮‎‮‭‍​‭‪‫‮‏‎‪‪‍‫‎‭‬‮()
   at :mMe!sxTZWLU\[HuUo:iD)_%)#.‮‌‭‬‪‭‫‏‫‭​‭‪‫‎‍‏‪‍​‫‎‎‍‬‭‮()
   at :mMe!sxTZWLU\[HuUo:iD)_%)#.‮‭‎‍‍‫​‪‭‭‍​​‫‎‮‍​‍‪‭‮‮‫‍‫‍‮(Object , EventArgs )
   at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

The program doesn't start correctly and leaves the RadioDJ splash on the screen overlaid.

Cheers !
Chris M

Chris,
I tried to duplicate this as you stated and I could not. After setting the Music string to "$artist$ - $title$ - $year$" and saving it, I shut RadioDJ down and then fired it back up.  No problems on the restart and the Music string "$artist$ - $title$ - $year$" was retained.
:)    Play the Music and Have Fun!    :ok:
==================================
Fun In The Sun,  From the Florida Coast
"It is what we learn after we think we know it all, that counts."
John Wooden 1910 - 2010

Andrew

Running for 3 days, with aprox 3k songs imported, events, jingles and so on, and everything goes smoothly, no error logs, no serious bugs found.  This version could be an official release over 2.0.0.6.

Shojka

Quote from: Andrew on March 21, 2022, 06:25:19 PM
Running for 3 days, with aprox 3k songs imported, events, jingles and so on, and everything goes smoothly, no error logs, no serious bugs found.  This version could be an official release over 2.0.0.6.

I agree with you. 4 days without any error.

DJ Garybaldy

It sounds amazing Its stable & automation is slick

Is it a possible RC?
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

Vanlen

Forest Green - Music in Nature's Frequency
www.forestgreenradio.ca

Andrew

After almost 4 years (since 2.0.0.6 vers was released) It would be nice to have available a new non BETA version. And it seems that v2.0.3.7 is a strong candidate for this :ok:

DJ Garybaldy

My Goodness how Time Flies...   ??? I hadn't quite realised we'd been BETA testing all that time.

In fairness to Marius he has had a few health battles to get through. (I Feel his pain my hips are terrible)

One thing i can say for ALL the BETA versions they've been STABLE.

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

DJ Garybaldy

I think I've got to the bottom of the watchdog message when it happened to me earlier it was a End CUE point missing, that the software hadn't sorted while importing.

This new database is definitely robust its handled everything I've thrown at it

EDIT: Yes it very much an error that is triggered by a song not having an Next Start & END cue points.

Just happened on another track I went and inspected it.

Marius

You don't have to worry about that, it worked the same in all versions, but on this release it is enabled the logging for the watchdog, that's why you see all those messages.
The watchdog just makes sure that if a track is not triggered on the cue next, will force to start in order to avoid dead air.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

Derek

Quote from: Marius on March 23, 2022, 05:50:09 PM
The watchdog just makes sure that if a track is not triggered on the cue next, will force to start in order to avoid dead air.
Is it a correct action that it reports as an error instead of just an information item though?

Marius

I use it just for debugging info and i forgot to disable it. If you guys think that it can be helpful to see those messages, i will switch them to info messages, otherwise i will disable them completely like before.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

Derek

DJ Garybaldy

I'd say disable but i never really look at error logs unless I'm beta testing like we have been for a while.  :bash:

Once RadioDJ is installed it rarely goes wrong so  I don't look at windows error logs all the time.