• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

RadioDJ v2.0.3.7 Beta Released!

Started by Marius, March 17, 2022, 07:14:56 PM

qcindie

Quote from: Brodephat on August 23, 2022, 10:10:06 PM
Not sure if this is your problem but you can try it.

Make sure ALL your soundcards and virtual cables are ALL using the sample Sample rate:

Choose 44.1Khz 16bit or 44.1Khz 24bit or 48Khz 16bit or 48Khz 24bit

But, do not mix them.

From my experiences helping others, using the 44.1 Khz 24/16 not worked the best.

Hope that helped

Thank you, I've checked all these and everything is correct. My problem seems to be in 2 parts:

1) Too much standby memory, this link helped each song from skipping:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/8ks8hm/psa_windows_10_when_the_standby_memory_cache/

2) Loading rotations, my default rotation is quite large (72 entries) so I expect this to happen to some degree, however it happens with smaller rotations as well. Setting Keep in Playlist fixes this, but it breaks my Two for Tuesday script (it loads the same songs over and over) as well as the teaser plugin. I had the idea of breaking up my rotations into parts and using manual events to switch between them, but it seems like a lot of work for something that is, for the most part, fixed.

dodobasi

Quote from: stevewa on August 22, 2022, 07:58:53 PM
The Event > Run SQL Query, does actually work (it runs the query file), but it does not take the result of the query and add it to the playlist.

Actually yes but it's not of use if the query result is not sent to Queue.

ignitenz

Ok, so I've noticed that when I make changes to the rotation or track cue points save them and back them up and then at some point restart the computer, RDJ restarts with the previous known version in the database - not the version just saved.

I have to reload the freshly saved version back into the database before the changes take effect. This seems to only affect upon rebooting the PC, everything works as it should prior to reboot. I hope that makes sense.

Also, if multiple backups have been made, Win 10 shows multiple database instances running that need to close down before the PC can be restarted. Under  2.0.0.6, there was only one instance. Maybe it's related, I don't know.
RadioDJ 2.0.4.3 | MariaDB 11.2 | StereoTool 9.92 | MBRecaster 5.0.1.2.
StereoTool preset: EXCIT.D for Web.

ignitenz

Also, I've noticed that when you change and save cue points on any given track, if that track is part of a playlist built by Playlist Builder, the cue point changes aren't reflected.

So, the playlist only sees the previously saved cue points of any given track. If you want the track to reflect the changes you need to delete the track and replace it with the updated track.

This brings me to my second possible bug in Playlist builder....

It seems you can't re-order tracks once placed in the playlist.

You seem to have to place the tracks in the order you want them when creating the playlist. You can't reorder them, you have to start again.
RadioDJ 2.0.4.3 | MariaDB 11.2 | StereoTool 9.92 | MBRecaster 5.0.1.2.
StereoTool preset: EXCIT.D for Web.

mdj

Quote from: ignitenz on September 01, 2022, 10:36:51 PM
Also, I've noticed that when you change and save cue points on any given track, if that track is part of a playlist built by Playlist Builder, the cue point changes aren't reflected.

I think this is by design, as the queue points are saved in the playlist, so you can custom edit them in the playlist.

Would be nice to see a 'Restore song defaults' options that you can just click to regenerate those points in a playlist from the songs cue points.

Mike.

Derek

Quote from: ignitenz on September 01, 2022, 10:36:51 PM
I've noticed that when you change and save cue points on any given track, if that track is part of a playlist built by Playlist Builder, the cue point changes aren't reflected.

It seems you can't re-order tracks once placed in the playlist.
I've been able to temporarily edit a track and adjust the cue points plus drag tracks to a different position in playlist builder on 2.0.3.7. These seemed to be ok on loading the playlist showing different timings for the one edited. I haven't actually played that list yet though.

Derek

Just in case it can get fixed in time for the new version, in List View, hovering the mouse over the shuffle/random icon shows the text 'Open Playlist' although the function is still correct (shuffle) if actually selected.
This doesn't seem to be a problem in Slot View.