• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

RadioDJ v2.0.3.8 Available for download!

Started by Marius, September 04, 2022, 04:16:10 PM

Marius

I'm happy to announce that the latest version of RadioDJ ( v2.0.3.8 ) is available in the downloads page.
I tried to fix most of the reported issues and to improve program's speed and stability.

Since the latest beta, these are the changes:

- Events Stop button: Fixed enable/disable bug which required restart to be updated;
- Playlist Builder: Implemented multiple delete items from playlist (Drag & drop operation can be made from the first column only);
- Playlist Builder: Generate playlist from rotation was added to the File menu and was removed from the Open playlist menu;
- Playlist Builder: minor bug fixes;
- Updated bass.dll and plugins to the latest version (2.4.16.7);
- Plugin Gamepad completely rewrote;
- Many forum reported bug fixes;

Since the latest stable version, the database suffered so many modifications, please test it first with a first database and if everything works as expected, you can try to migrate older database to this version. In any way, make a backup first in case that anything goes wrong, and boy, so many thing can go wrong with that many database changes...

Please let me know how it goes.  :)
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

Vanlen

Thanks Marius :cool:

Had a feeling it would be out on a Long Weekend.
Now onto a Coffee and build a new install. ;)

Forest Green - Music in Nature's Frequency
www.forestgreenradio.ca

Music Box

Hi everyone, Marius thank you for your great and hard work.
I installed the new version 2.0.3.8 with a new database, imported 3500 files. I encounter a problem. When I create 1 hour playlists to save them in M3u format RadioDJ recreates the same playlist with the same artists, songs in the same position. This is something I encounter in version 2.0.2.0 2.0.3.5 2.0.3.7 this does not happen in the old and dear version 1.8.2
How do I solve this problem?

PhilC

Great Job !  Could be me but   I do have a problem with saving a Playlist .... It wont let me  Save and the " Currently there is no rotation set" Warning keeps on appearing ..

I have reinstalled both Maria and radio Dj with no luck :(  - Using Windows 10

Marius

Quote from: Music Box on September 04, 2022, 06:13:28 PM
Hi everyone, Marius thank you for your great and hard work.
I installed the new version 2.0.3.8 with a new database, imported 3500 files. I encounter a problem. When I create 1 hour playlists to save them in M3u format RadioDJ recreates the same playlist with the same artists, songs in the same position. This is something I encounter in version 2.0.2.0 2.0.3.5 2.0.3.7 this does not happen in the old and dear version 1.8.2
How do I solve this problem?

You are doing this using playlist builder and generate it from a rotation?

Quote from: PhilC on September 05, 2022, 02:37:49 AM
Great Job !  Could be me but   I do have a problem with saving a Playlist .... It wont let me  Save and the " Currently there is no rotation set" Warning keeps on appearing ..

I have reinstalled both Maria and radio Dj with no luck :(  - Using Windows 10

You are trying to save the main playlist, or a playlist in playlist builder?
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

PhilC

Quote from: Marius on September 05, 2022, 08:23:46 AM
You are doing this using playlist builder and generate it from a rotation?

You are trying to save the main playlist, or a playlist in playlist builder?

The main playlist . I have tried on 2 different PC`s .. Same problem  :bash:

Music Box

Hello Marius, I am using the Playlist Builder.  :bash: :bash:

Vanlen

Same problem as @Music Box  identical songs picked in Playlist Builder. :(

The Main Playout Newly created Rotations are all working as they should. :cool:
Cheers

www.forestgreenradio.ca

DJ Garybaldy

Currently Testing it I can confirm there are errors if you try using the previous 2037 database  :bash: (I had to try)

Cheers Marius

Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

Vanlen

Update on Playlist Builder issues in 2.0.38

Marius, It looks like it won't generate from Rotation different music selections until you SAVE a Playlist then Create a new one that will be identical until you save that one. :huh:

when I got the identical generated playlists from rotation, I decided to save the Playlist and loaded it in the main rotation playout as it should.  So then I opened Playlist Builder again to generate from Rotation a Playlist it will be different Tracks but will be identical every time UNTIL you save it. 

Same for the default 60 minute Generation picks or higher 90, 120 etc.

www.forestgreenradio.ca

Music Box

Hello, even after saving the playlist it always regenerates the same one.   :( :(

Vanlen

@Music Box  Try loading the playlist, after you've saved it and then open it up into the main Playout Rotation slots and try another Building from Rotation in Playlist Builder to see if it generates different track sets.   

This is how I got it to be a different set of tracks where picked...But  of course it would generate the same tracks until I opened it in the main Playout Slots. :(

That's how it is working for me so far in testing.
www.forestgreenradio.ca

Music Box

Hi Vanlen, yes that's how it works, but... if I don't need to play the playlist, but I only need to create several playlists, it's not a proper way to generate playlists. But, (I repeat) this does not happen with the dear old 1.8.2

DJ Garybaldy

If anyone is having issues downloading 2038 from the RDJ website you can also find it here

https://www.mediafire.com/file/3x50v4ro0uc1ohv/SetupRadioDJ2038Free.zip/file

Been running just over 5 hours with a fresh database and RadioDJ hasn't skipped a hreartbeat

I'd love to be able to use my 2037 database with it are you working on an update script?
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

Marius

Ok, regarding the rotation generated playlist, there is a catch. The playlist is generated using the plying dates at the moment when the playlist is generated. For example if track A was played recently, and if the repeat rules will apply to that track, that track will be ignored. This is the reason why the the playlists are the same, they will change only when the playing date/hour will change. I know that it sucks, but i'm working on this right now.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------