• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

RadioDJ v2.0.3.9 Available for download!

Started by Marius, October 04, 2022, 06:24:48 PM

Jurgen

Quote from: RadioDJ2022 on January 07, 2023, 01:35:14 PM
I'm not suffering with song or artist/song repeats in 2039, Have you updated the associated artists from the utilities menu?

I load my songs and station ID's by random.

Yes, this was 1 of the first things I did because I was waiting for this since a long time! :D
Songs are loaded with SQL (with "force repeat rules"), jingles not.

Quote from: mebo870 on January 07, 2023, 09:50:31 PM
Experienced the same thing here with one track, played 66 times, I had to delete that track, it kept appearing
RadioDJ v2.0.3.9 sucks

I did experience some troubles updating from version 2.0.0.6, but I'm not going to say it sucks.
I'm still happy I can use this for free and it does the job it has to do for me except for some issues like with the jingles repeating too much.

ignitenz

Has anyone else noticed metadata isn't respected when using Options/Stream Titles/File Type Titles/Other?

Our "Other" category is set to $artist$ - $title$ but it seems to use $station_name$ - $station_slogan$ instead.

$artist$ - $title$ works fine, as expected using "Music", but not when using "Other".

If I re-catagorise tracks from Other to Music, it works as expected.

I'm keen to hear if anyone has a fix.

Cheers.
RadioDJ 2.0.4.3 | MariaDB 11.2 | StereoTool 9.92 | MBRecaster 5.0.1.2.
StereoTool preset: EXCIT.D for Web.

Jurgen

When playing a radiostream using ""Use Original Stream Title", I have radiostreams with song info. The title of the song playing is showed instead of the name I gave to it in the database. That's ok.
But in version 2.0.0.6 every song played on this radiostream was set as "played" and highlighted in the Radio DJ database when the artist and title were identical in the database. In version 2.0.3.9 this is not happening. It just says "title played", but the song in the database isn't highlighted anymore.
I'm not sure if RadioDJ version 2.0.3.9 "knows" this when switching to a rotation using the songs from the database. In version 2.0.0.6 these songs weren't played for the amount of time set in the song rotations.

djmichello

Quote from: Marius on October 04, 2022, 06:24:48 PM
CHANGES LIST:
- Fixed metadata stream variables;
- Fixed input button metadata update;
- Changed watchdog error to notice when starting the next track;
- Minor bug fixes;

No database updates are necessary from the v2.0.3.8.

Please let me know if you encounter any problems.  :)

I am thinking about upgrading from 2.0.0.6 to 2.0.3.9, it will need a database upgrade, where do i find the script, can's seem to find it anywhere.

Derek

Quote from: djmichello on January 26, 2023, 12:44:07 PM
I am thinking about upgrading from 2.0.0.6 to 2.0.3.9, it will need a database upgrade, where do i find the script, can's seem to find it anywhere.
Use the 2.0.0.6 to 2.0.3.8 update script as there's no change in the database from 2.0.3.8 to 2.0.3.9

(Just in case that doesn't work for you, I had to edit the database name at the start of the script to the one I was using. This is not official advice, just what worked for me from what someone else mentioned on the forum so if you do try this, make a backup first of course and also remember what the database name is before changing it in case it needs to be changed back.)

djmichello

Quote from: Derek on January 26, 2023, 01:02:14 PM
Use the 2.0.0.6 to 2.0.3.8 update script as there's no change in the database from 2.0.3.8 to 2.0.3.9

(Just in case that doesn't work for you, I had to edit the database name at the start of the script to the one I was using. This is not official advice, just what worked for me from what someone else mentioned on the forum so if you do try this, make a backup first of course and also remember what the database name is before changing it in case it needs to be changed back.)

Thanks for your advice, i will try it as you mentioned.
I will first test it on a non production system, and then move to the production system, but my main question still remains where can i get the script

djmichello

Quote from: djmichello on January 26, 2023, 01:26:56 PM
Thanks for your advice, i will try it as you mentioned.
I will first test it on a non production system, and then move to the production system, but my main question still remains where can i get the script

It worked, i can see the rotations, playlists events etc. i am wondering if the rest server still will work? and the folder sync is empty, i have a lot of entries there, so do i need to add everything from scratch or can i get it from somewhere on the old installation?

Derek

Quote from: djmichello on January 26, 2023, 01:26:56 PM
where can i get the script
It should be in the 2.0.3.9 Database Setup Utility, Database Utils, Select Update File.

Derek

Quote from: djmichello on January 26, 2023, 02:08:16 PM
i am wondering if the rest server still will work? and the folder sync is empty, i have a lot of entries there, so do i need to add everything from scratch or can i get it from somewhere on the old installation?
Rest server should work ok in 2.0.3.9, but I can't remember if I had to set it up the port and password again in the settings after upgrade. Hopefully someone else can advise on the Folder Sync as I haven't used that on older versions.

bakson4142

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSp0ij5M2vk

Here is a new step-by-step tutorial on how to properly install RadioDJ 2.0.3.9. In this first video, we solve the problem of incompatibility encountered, the major problem of the versions of the database. Follow to the end by also applying according to your local configuration. If you have any problems, please write to me, I would be happy to answer you.

bakson4142

Hi Marcus. In the documentation of the RestServer plugin (v1.4) of RadioDJ 2.0.3.9, there are new commands, such as:

http(s)://[IP]:[PORT]/SetItem?auth=[password]&command=[command_item]&arg=[argument]

http(s)://[IP]:[PORT]/Status?auth=[password]

http(s)://[IP]:[PORT]/Categories?auth=[password]&command=[command_item]&arg=[argument]

Etc.
But when you run the software, you only have access to the old commands.
Example: how to retrieve the list of categories?

djmichello

Quote from: bakson4142 on January 27, 2023, 05:09:55 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSp0ij5M2vk

Here is a new step-by-step tutorial on how to properly install RadioDJ 2.0.3.9. In this first video, we solve the problem of incompatibility encountered, the major problem of the versions of the database. Follow to the end by also applying according to your local configuration. If you have any problems, please write to me, I would be happy to answer you.

Everything is up and running again, thanks for all the advise, after a few hick-ups all is working great, indeed the database update file delivered in the installation is not usable, it keeps giving errors on startup and preventing rotations being played, i came across some database update files on carterscript website, they do the trick, after that i needed to edit every single entry in every rotation, and save it as the same rotation, preventing it from getting a new ID, otherwise my events (a lot) should be worthless. Lucky for me this worked.
I will share the database update scripts on the radiodj.site website which we now host for Jhonny. For these scripts really do the trick on upgrading from 2.0.0.6 to 2.0.3.9. you can find them in the files section.

ivoant

Hello guys,
Thank you for the nice version update, i'm currently running 2 instances (one new, directly deployed with 2.0.3.9 and one upgraded from 1.8.2).
I'm currently facing 2 main issues using the 2.0.3.9 version, the first one is with Teasers plugin, whether the preview is generated and played, the songs in it are counted as played songs which in 1.8.2 was not like that, they were treated as a Teaser and were not counted as a played Song in reports, also in metadata etc. Even if they are marked with the color for teaser in the playlist, they are just not treated like a teaser. Hope there will be a fix for this.
The other thing that is a bit strange is if i double click on an element in the main playlist and close the window with the "X" the element won't be played and there will be around a second silence between the elements in the list, if i hit the "Save" option there's no such issue, but not sure why closing it with the "X" breaks the things. Overall thank you for the good job Marius. :)

plauri

Quote from: ivoant on February 16, 2023, 03:30:24 PM
Hello guys,
Thank you for the nice version update, i'm currently running 2 instances (one new, directly deployed with 2.0.3.9 and one upgraded from 1.8.2).
I'm currently facing 2 main issues using the 2.0.3.9 version, the first one is with Teasers plugin, whether the preview is generated and played, the songs in it are counted as played songs which in 1.8.2 was not like that, they were treated as a Teaser and were not counted as a played Song in reports, also in metadata etc. Even if they are marked with the color for teaser in the playlist, they are just not treated like a teaser. Hope there will be a fix for this.
The other thing that is a bit strange is if i double click on an element in the main playlist and close the window with the "X" the element won't be played and there will be around a second silence between the elements in the list, if i hit the "Save" option there's no such issue, but not sure why closing it with the "X" breaks the things. Overall thank you for the good job Marius. :)
Yes, I confirm. I tried 2.0.3.9 and the teaser bug exists, curious I checked v.2.0.2.0 (which I'm using live) and the bug is present there too. So Marius please a fix is needed.

PS: a friend of mine is still using v.2.0.0.3 and after testing he said teasers are not counted in this version, so the bug comes out after.
Funky Corner Radio
Radiodj v.2.0.4.5 (Windows 10)
http://www.funkycorner.radio
https://www.funkycorner.it
http://www.radiofunkycorner.com

Derek

Quote from: ivoant on February 16, 2023, 03:30:24 PM
if i double click on an element in the main playlist and close the window with the "X" the element won't be played and there will be around a second silence between the elements in the list, if i hit the "Save" option there's no such issue, but not sure why closing it with the "X" breaks the things.
There was an issue of this when it would only be ok if it was saved and not just closed on the close button. Marius fixed this but we obviously didn't realise that the problem happened when closed with the X as well. I also remember that the playlist item could be open from the playlist area and when played in v2006 it was still ok, but it would fail to play with the newer versions so hopefully Marius will see your post and it can be fixed too :)