• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Hellfire demo audio processor configuration and run time commands

Started by Fulvietto, December 30, 2022, 07:49:06 AM

Fulvietto

Hi all,
currently i'm using the audio flows and tools configuration that I've described here:
https://www.radiodj.ro/community/index.php?topic=16550.msg90849#msg90849

After struggling with hellfire demo to avoid cracks and other bad sound effects (avoided modifying the soundcard setup) now the sound is nice so hellfire demo is part of the audio chain (no MPX no RDS, no streaming: just as 5-band sound processor using the "DAB-Internet" setup you can download from his site).

Unfortunatly it produce a bad effect during a live event that we send live regulary: this event may have some "silence" period but, due to the fact that is a live event "silence" means that the speaker is dumb but you have some "environmental noises".

During this very specific case (the silence period) the "hellfire demo" applies AGC (my ipothesis) and bring the noise to high levels making listening annoying. When the speaker start to talk again the sound returns very good.

Does anyone can suggest how to modify the hellfire demo setup to avoid this or can point me to some documentation about "how to change the hellfire demo setup programmatically" during live processing.

The solution could be as simple as to switch off (pass through) the processor during the event. Because this event are not programmed I already have a my own script that, following signals from mqtt using my own "protocol", start and end the event using RadioDJ REST interface so it will be easy to switch off/on the hellfire demo if some commands are available.

Any comments and hint will be very appreciated.
Thanks

Fulvietto

It seems that this topics does not excite too much.

Just to share in case someone could find it useful:
we have handled the environmental noise inserting a noise gate at the origin of the signal and fine tuning the hellfire processor.

Anycase if someone has info about how to interact programmatically with hellfire processor i kindle ask to share.
Thanks a lot.

thaJack

I don't know anything about that software, but I was going to suggest a noise gate. I guess I'm too late. Happy you got it resolved, though.

Music Box

Hi, I do not use this processor although I did post the address some time ago.
It may help you to communicate directly with the developer of the software, you can find contact details on their site.
Hi

Fulvietto

Thanks to all
the processor is going very well, the current need is to change the "profile" depending from the show.

Some of our transmissions are live from the church so the audio needs e completely different processing in order to enhance voice and avoid the noise. The noise gate is perfoming very well but we need different thresholds depending by transmission.

I'll try to contact the sw author
thanks