• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

RadioDJ v2.0.4.3 Available for download!

Started by Marius, July 05, 2023, 06:08:09 PM

Marius

Hey guys, here is the newest release of the program, focused mainly to bugfixes.

It should fix the following bugs:
- events context menu not showing;
- $autotitle$ metadata variable;
- other minor bugfixes;

I also increased the timeout for the web metadata export from 500ms to 2s for testing purposes.

https://www.radiodj.ro/download

Previous database (from v2.0.4.2) will work fine, no need to do any update.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

adrinto

Music Box

Thank you Marious, as always a great job. 

Derek

Hi Marius, having restored my v2042 database in v2043, I can't see any waveform markers in the cue editor. The intro seems to still count down when playing in the main player and a teaser generated and played, so I'm hoping it's just a visual lost, not all the markers in reality.

Marius

@Derek there wasn't changed anything on that side on this version. I just checked and markers are displaying fine, maybe is a glitch, please try to restart the program.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

DaveTheRave

Thanks Marius loving the new splash screen and tats where it all goes wrong I'm having trouble loading 2043 even though I've unblocked the folder

in windows errors its saying that the app is hanging but I cannot see a reason why

QuoteThe program RadioDJ.exe version 2.0.4.3 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
 Process ID: 5f0
Start Time: 01d9afe906605332
Termination Time: 4294967295
Application Path: C:\RadioDJ2043\RadioDJ.exe
Report Id: 36529242-e18f-48e3-87a5-2cf09feeba3a
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Hang type: Top level window is idle

It happens with or without the old database
AMD A8-9600
8GB RAM
Windows 10/11
RadioDJ 2045
MariaDB 11.2

Music Box

Hi, I installed the new version 2.0.4.3 with MariaDB 10.5 and Omnia 9, the database is the one from version 2.0.4.2 and everything works perfectly.
I'm definitely off topic but Say Time works like a charm, it doesn't miss a beat.

DaveTheRave

I've managed to get it working as to what it was causing to hang is a mystery
AMD A8-9600
8GB RAM
Windows 10/11
RadioDJ 2045
MariaDB 11.2

Music Box

Paul E

Never had a problem before in downloading a release but am unable to with this one.

Had to turn windows defender off to download the file.
It downloaded.
Turned Defender back on.
Went to extract the folder but it failed with a further virus warning from Windows.
The downloaded compressed file then disappeared from the Downloads folder.

Any pointers as to how to get this done ?

DaveTheRave

Quote from: Paul E on July 06, 2023, 11:43:52 AM
QuoteNever had a problem before in downloading a release but am unable to with this one.

Had to turn windows defender off to download the file.
It downloaded.
Turned Defender back on.
Went to extract the folder but it failed with a further virus warning from Windows.
The downloaded compressed file then disappeared from the Downloads folder.

Any pointers as to how to get this done ?

Add the radiodj.exe and radiodj folder to the exclusion list in WD

Windows Security>Virus Threat Protection>Manage settings>Exclusisions
AMD A8-9600
8GB RAM
Windows 10/11
RadioDJ 2045
MariaDB 11.2

DaveTheRave

I see Dj Gary has done a post about windows defender and the new version I too ran into issues on Windows 11

WD2043
AMD A8-9600
8GB RAM
Windows 10/11
RadioDJ 2045
MariaDB 11.2

Vanlen

Windows 10 | MariaDB 10.6
Fresh install from scratch using setup defaults of RadioDJv2  (So I don't have to change them internally within RadioDJ all the time):hihi:

@Marius Events rock tnx for the fix really speeds things up.

@Derek I had the virus warning too on Win10 this time around for the file RadioDJ2043Free zip but added to it to WD exclusions as I already have folder RadioDJv2 excluded.  Installed with no hiccups. I really hate MS for their Control disguised as keeping me safe and decided what I can do rather than my free choice on what I do on my own PC. >:D

Thanks again @Marius

Forest Green - Music in Nature's Frequency
www.forestgreenradio.ca

Derek

Quote from: Vanlen on July 06, 2023, 06:28:05 PM@Derek I had the virus warning too on Win10
Hi Vanlen, Thanks but actually that was Paul E not me with the virus warning, but I was finding that I couldn't see the red markers at all in the cue editor.

An update to that, I've now done a complete re-install of RadioDJv2.0.4.3 and the cue markers are showing again :)
@Marius, I don't know what caused that, but I've not had that problem before. As you said, probably a glitch!
Ps. Just checking if the problem regarding the rotation custom repeat rules being ignored is in the list to be fixed? I mentioned about it in the previous release comments and elsewhere about how I tested it, but just wanted to know if you were aware of it or if it got lost in the comments (I haven't had chance to test this release yet but I think it's been all releases after v.2.0.1.3 or around then and it seems to be possibly since Associated Artists was introduced) and also, was the Tracks Manager supposed to live update with changes now like it used to in v2.0.0.6?
Thanks as always for all your work on this :)

Paul E

Many thx .... that sorted it.

Quote from: DaveTheRave on July 06, 2023, 11:50:35 AMAdd the radiodj.exe and radiodj folder to the exclusion list in WD

Windows Security>Virus Threat Protection>Manage settings>Exclusisions