• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

How to Control Which Songs Can be Requested-Wordpress Plugin FIX!

Started by JMac, December 23, 2023, 01:58:58 AM

JMac

Aaaah, the magical sounds of "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer"...BUT, in March??!! With the current version of RadioDJ's Wordpress plugin, you have ZERO control of which songs listeners can request. If it's music and enabled in your library, it's fair game. Ho, ho, NO!

With a SIMPLE tweak to the request plugin's code, you can pummel it into submission and wrestle back control. It's your station, you decide what's request-worthy.

I'll show you which file to edit, where to find it and give you three options for filtering songs. As promised, here's the 'copy & paste' code:

AND `id_subcat` IN(2)
AND `id_genre` IN(70,118,143,150,156)

`id_subcat` = Songs from specific sub categories. Use IN to include songs from chosen sub-cats -or- NOT IN to exclude sub-cats.
`id_genre` = You guessed it! Songs from specific genres. Replace my IDs with your own.
(You don't need both. For me, subcat '2' is 80s and the list of genres cover different music styles. Insert your custom id #s)

➡️ Make sure to watch the vid to find out where to drop it and how to customize it. Check it out on my 'RadioDJ Dude' YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/qKEpEu3Q14Q?si=3IGo0qtY4E3yAE53
XXX80s.com-XXXtreme 80s fun!
YouTube Channel: RadioDJ Dude

Music Box

Hi JMac, thanks for sharing your work, very useful for using RadioDJ. A great gift for Christmas. :cool:  :cool:
A question even if off topic:
the XXX 80's Radio jingles are beautiful, where did you have them produced?
Greetings from Sardinia and Merry Christmas.

JMac

@MusicBox Thank you! Happy, happy and merry, merry to you, too!

The company I used for my sung jingles was Radio Jingles 24. It was $75. I asked for an acapella track...much more flexible vs a jingle with an accompanying music track.
XXX80s.com-XXXtreme 80s fun!
YouTube Channel: RadioDJ Dude