• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

RadioDJ v2.0.4.5 Released!

Started by Marius, January 25, 2024, 05:57:19 PM

EdFm

Quote from: Derek on January 26, 2024, 07:39:46 PMUnfortunately we still have a bad buzz on the live input. It's not there on v2.0.4.3 or earlier, but is on both 2.0.4.4 and 2.0.4.5.

Update: I've ruled out the source and cables as being the problem as I'm now internally streaming the input to the pc within the pc itself and picking up the stream in RadioDJ and it's clean, but when getting it through the live input being on, it's got the intermittent buzz.

Have you tried "Ground Loop Filter(s)" ? Groundloop is 99% cause of "buzz" sounds when various equipment is connected to PC hardware.  I built some coupled radiostudio's in the past (with way tooo much wires) and know it can sometimes be caused on places in the wiring where you don't really expect it.
Broadcasting 24/7 Just 4 Fun !!!
https://edfm.nl

Derek

Quote from: EdFm on January 31, 2024, 01:58:35 PMHave you tried "Ground Loop Filter(s)" ? Groundloop is 99% cause of "buzz" sounds when various equipment is connected to PC hardware.  I built some coupled radiostudio's in the past (with way tooo much wires) and know it can sometimes be caused on places in the wiring where you don't really expect it.
Thanks, but because I can internally stream it from the same pc input, and it's clean with RadioDJ playing the input as a stream, plus it's also clean also on v2.0.4.3 and earlier when using live input on the same pc and it's only a buzz on 2.0.4.4 & 2.0.4.5 when using live input button, I was ruling out the wiring.
Unless it is somewhere in the wiring, not normally heard and it's super sensitive processing on v2044 & 2045 live input perhaps?

EdFm

Quote from: Derek on January 31, 2024, 06:29:27 PMThanks, but because I can internally stream it from the same pc input, and it's clean with RadioDJ playing the input as a stream, plus it's also clean also on v2.0.4.3 and earlier when using live input on the same pc and it's only a buzz on 2.0.4.4 & 2.0.4.5 when using live input button, I was ruling out the wiring.
Unless it is somewhere in the wiring, not normally heard and it's super sensitive processing on v2044 & 2045 live input perhaps?

Hi Derek,
Well, if you actually really use the exact same pc with the exact same wiring connected to the very same inputs and outputs on the exact same soundcard then yes, i would agree you are well on your way to rule out wiring. No other variables between the situations? Like having an FM transmitter switched on/off nearby creating some fieldstrength around (and 50hz buzz/hum). And indeed like you said, do you also use the same audio processing settings? I mean, if the buzz was there all along but you had soft compression and now switched to aggressive, then things like that will appear more. Input/output sliders the same? Remove and clean Re-install of RDJ? 2 pieces of software wanting to use the same in or outputs simultaniously does often not go very well, so de-install the ones you don't need. All "virtual cable" software you use okay? no difference in buffer settings or anything there? Just shouting out some things that pop-up in my mind now  :D  And you probably already tried all of this...

EdFm

Hi there,

Installed 2045 yesterday and can report the first 24 hours the playout is working like a charm! :cool:
No issues found, Rotations/Events etc.. working fine. Tonight/tomorrow gonna do some song editing, but for what i've seen so far we're gooood!!!  :ok:

adrinto

Hello Marius
another BUG detected in version 2.0.4.5
Whenever I pre-listen to the audio track that I want to play in the playlist that radio Dj loads or pre-listen to any audio in the search, the software takes a while to display the audio as it keeps thinking for about 7/8 seconds and then only manages to play the audio. pre-listen audio

A hug

Vanlen

@adrinto
Pre-Listen audio in playlist and search are working instantly for me on RadioDJ 2045 on my end. :huh: 
Forest Green - Music in Nature's Frequency
www.forestgreenradio.ca

adrinto

Quote from: Vanlen on February 02, 2024, 02:11:34 PM@adrinto
Pre-Listen audio in playlist and search are working instantly for me on RadioDJ 2045 on my end. :huh: 

Hello, you did a clean installation and then updated the database from the previous version
or did you install version 2.0.4.5 over 2.0.4.4????

Vanlen

QuoteHello, you did a clean installation and then updated the database from the previous version
or did you install version 2.0.4.5 over 2.0.4.4?

@Adrinto  I have never installed over a previous beta as that can cause problems.    A did a new install of RadioDJ 2045 with a fresh new db to build from scratch.  It's definitely a longer process but it's always fresh start.  ;)

Cheers
Forest Green - Music in Nature's Frequency
www.forestgreenradio.ca

adrinto

Quote from: Vanlen on February 02, 2024, 11:25:36 PM@Adrinto  I have never installed over a previous beta as that can cause problems.    A did a new install of RadioDJ 2045 with a fresh new db to build from scratch.  It's definitely a longer process but it's always fresh start.  ;)

Cheers

hello
The intent of an update is to update the existing version.
When working with a radio whose programming includes events, commercial rotations and other systems that don't just broadcast music, using a database, it is essential to install the clean version, it requires programming everything again and this will now take a lot of time.

If you use radio DJ with half a dozen events it will be easy to do this.
Now, on a radio station whose programming is diverse and complete, when a new version of Radio DJ comes out, it is installed over the existing one (AND AS FOR ME, that's how you notice new things and new things compared to the previous version).
Now install a new version from scratch with music playing without many events and music rotations Podcasts external radio links and have simple programming Of course, Radio DJ works wonderfully.

In a clean installation, which I always do, I never notice begs or errors in programming.

The function is for you to have a software on a broadcaster and make updates to that software with the same theme, only then the software is tested and errors and improvements are noticed.
This is what I think

adrinto

THIS IS THE ERROR THAT I FOUND TODAY IN THE NEW VERSION OF radio DJ
In logs/ExceptionLog

4 Feb 2024 01:29:28
Cadeia de caracteres de entrada com formato incorrecto.   em Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
   em Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)

Cadeia de caracteres de entrada com formato incorrecto.   em Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
   em Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)

4 Feb 2024 01:29:32

4 Feb 2024 01:40:51

4 Feb 2024 02:29:35

adrinto

Quote from: adrinto on February 04, 2024, 03:36:27 AMTHIS IS THE ERROR THAT I FOUND TODAY IN THE NEW VERSION OF radio DJ
In logs/ExceptionLog

Cadeia de caracteres de entrada com formato incorrecto.  em Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)

Cadeia de caracteres de entrada com formato incorrecto.  em Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)

Incorrectly formatted input string. in Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
  in Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)

adrinto

Quote from: adrinto on February 04, 2024, 03:38:00 AM4 Feb 2024 02:29:35
Incorrectly formatted input string. in Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
  in Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)

This happens whenever the PC monitor goes into sleep mode or when it is asleep and becomes active through the keyboard or mouse.

And the audio that is playing suddenly changes as soon as these two situations are carried out

DJ Garybaldy

Sounds like you need to tweak Windows audio

Windows Audio
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

adrinto

Quote from: DJ Garybaldy on February 04, 2024, 04:27:02 PMSounds like you need to tweak Windows audio

Windows Audio

Hello, is this statement for me?
because I have the audio well configured.
In fact, I've never had any problems and the situation I described only happens in this new version 2.0.4.5, in all previous versions updated since 1.80, I use Radio DJ with a carried over database and never had the problems I mentioned in this version.
thanks for the help

Marius

Quote from: adrinto on January 30, 2024, 11:27:10 PMHello Marius
Thanks for your effort
I noticed errors in this new version at the audio processor level.
If before in the previous version 2.0.4.4, when you enable the stereo expander in the levels, this error has now disappeared, but if you enable all the other options, the total sound decreases, clicking on the buttons again, the sound returns to normal, but if you restart the radio DJ, the same thing happens again. .

The GENERAL VOLUME of the radio DJ changes whenever all buttons on the audio processor are enabled or disabled.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this situation, but I advise you to try these situations to confirm.

Thanks for your effort
A hug from PORTUGAL

Looking into it, thanks for reporting.  :cool:
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.