• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Update history from another RadioDJ

Started by remik, March 13, 2024, 01:06:17 PM

remik

Hi.
I'm new to this forum and fresh with RadioDj.
Our station has a main studio and several people who stream remotely. They connect to the studio and RadioDJ forwards the stream to the server. Everything works fine, but we have a problem with updating the history of songs played on the main RadioDJ.
Remotely, RadioDJ dumps the history of played songs in a sql file. When I update the sql history using a script in the SQL database, RadioDJ does not see it, it requires a restart.
Is it possible to perform a soft reload? This means a RadioDJ working 24/7 and need accepting the history that the remote RadioDJ was playing. This is important for rotation.

stinga

Not quite clear, but I believe you are saying you have a DB at the remote site.
You extract the data from the remote history table and load it to the main studio history table (somehow)

If the above is the case, then the main RDJ will see the data without a restart.
What are you restarting?

I would look at what you are doing, if the data is committed the db.. then... it is in the DB...

How are you inserting the data and what are you inserting? One thing that springs to mind is the ID and/or timestamp

remik

Quote from: stinga on March 14, 2024, 04:18:04 AMNot quite clear, but I believe you are saying you have a DB at the remote site.

OK, I'll try to explain it differently.

Every RadioDJ has a local database.

A - The main studio plays 24/7
B - Remote DJ start streaming from 10:00 - 13:00
A - Main studio start streaming from 13:00 - 15:00
C - Remote DJ start streaming from 15:00 - 17:00

A - play untill 10:00, at 09:50 he dump the history from the local database.
B - at 09:53 update the local database with the history from A and start RadioDJ
B - 10:00 start streaming to A with actual history what was uploaded from A
A - playing B stream 10:00 - 13:00 as Internet stream with forward original title.
B - at 12:50 history dump from the local database.
A - at 12:53 update the local database with the history from B (Events SQL Query)
A - start play at 13:00 with own rotation but didn't show history, what was played on B. After restarting RadioDj on A everything that was played on B showed in history. And here I have a problem, how can I avoid "hard" restarting and stopping play music on server.
C - start at 14:50 with the same procedure like B when starting

If database be this same for everyone I need this same location (hdd number) audio files for all. I don't know how mysql will work when it has a lot of connections. Updating the database allows the rotation to avoid repeating played songs and artists.

Regards
remik

stevewa

A - at 12:23 update the local database with the history from B (Events SQL Query)
A - start play at 13:00 with own rotation but didn't show history, what was played on B.

are you clearing the queuelist before 13:00?

when you clear the queuelist / playlist, the rotation "should" run fresh, querying the db tables for history, before it builds it's playlist...

remik

Quote from: stevewa on March 14, 2024, 06:44:48 PMare you clearing the queuelist before 13:00?

Yes I do.

Quote from: stevewa on March 14, 2024, 06:44:48 PMwhen you clear the queuelist / playlist, the rotation "should" run fresh, querying the db tables for history, before it builds it's playlist...

It should, but it doesn't work.

Is there any way to reload the database like when RadioDJ starts up when it loads the database?  Because after restarting the RadioDJ, the update history is loaded. The command can be use on cmd.

Regards
Remik

stevewa

try creating an event to run the plugin named Database optimization, see if that refreshes the internal cache.

also try running an event which runs an sql query, searching the history table and writing it's contents to a text file, then you can see if those inserted history items are really in the db...

stinga

What does
QuoteA - start play at 13:00 with own rotation but didn't show history, what was played on B. After restarting RadioDj on A everything that was played on B showed in history. And here I have a problem, how can I avoid "hard" restarting and stopping play music on server.
mean?

What do you mean by
Quotebut didn't show history
where are you expecting to see this?

remik

Thanks for your reply. I don't know what happend. Mayby your suggestions and update to newest version of radiodj.
Now radiodj saving titles in to history. I mean the titles fowarding from internet stream.
Regards
Remik