• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

New Install Errors

Started by KJZX, May 02, 2024, 05:57:46 PM

KJZX

I've installed RadioDJ on a new computer after about five years on an older computer, but I'm getting errors and it doesn't want to play any music.  I used DJ Garybaldy's instructions on "Transferring RadioDJ to a New Computer".

When I start up RadioDJ on the new install, it shows songs in the music search window, but they won't play (errors instead).  All of the music is on an external hard drive with the same name and drive letter on both installs, with the new one a copy of the old one, same filepath.  Never had a problem with the external drive setup for the last five years, so I don't think that's the issue.  UAC is also switched off.

New install:
RadioDJ 2.0.4.5
MariaDB 11.3.2

Old Install:
RadioDJ 2.0.0.3
MariaDB 10.2

I've copied the SQL database backup from the old install, using it for the restore database function on the new install.  I used the same MySQL username and password on the database setup utility.

What'd I do wrong?  Any ideas?

Here's the RadioDJ Exception Log:

2 May 2024 10:41:45
Cannot find table 0.   at System.Data.
DataTableCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at rdjInterface.Playlist.AutoDJClass.‌‎����‪‪‎�‬‎�‪‬‏��‬�‬�‌‪����‮�‭�‏‌��‫‏‮(DataTableCollection , Int32 )
   at rdjInterface.Playlist.AutoDJClass.GeneratePlaylist(Int32 RotationID, Int32 ItemsCount, Double duration)
   at |nh)7\,_(B\&SJiAEVf129_H#{#.‬���‬�‮����‭‌‫‪‪‬‮‫‎����‏‮‎��‫��‌�‌‏‮‮.�‮‭‭‪‬‬�‪‬‎‮‪‬��‭‪‭‭��‎‪‮����‎�‏‏‪�‭‬‏‏‮()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at |nh)7\,_(B\&SJiAEVf129_H#{#.W6Ce\]/vpzr823~7MF?6\*6E\[(%.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_0(Object state)

Thanks!

Eric/KJZX

stevewa

Did you run any of the SQL commands to update the structure of the old database to the new database?

KJZX

Not quite sure what that would be.  Is that something in the Database Setup Utility?  I had run "Backup Database" on the old PC, then did a "Restore Database" on the new PC.

stevewa

the upgrades are a set of sql scripts which are usually in the folder named "RadioDJv2.0.4.3\Setup\Sql"

script names are usually "update 2.0.0.6 to 2.0.3.8 .sql"

after restoring the databse from backup, run those scriupt using the utility in the Database Setup Utitlity, tab "Database Utils" Database Update > Select Update File...

I am surprised that these instructions are not already written somewhere...

KJZX

Thanks for the suggestions.  I've gone ahead and:
1 - Restarted PC
2 - Restored database from the Database utility
3 - Did the "select update file"
4 - Selected the "2.0.0.6 to 2.0.3.8" sql file.  (there doesn't seem to be a "2.0.0.3 to 2.0.4.5" file update, which is what I actually need)
5 - same issue - "Warning - an exception occured" (bottom right of screen) and files will appear in the search window, but they aren't playable.

There don't seem to be many tutorials or instructions on moving an install of RadioDJ from one PC to another.  I was using one on DJ Garybaldy's site.  Should I un-install, and downgrade to 2.0.0.6?

stevewa

what is the contents of the exception log in the radiodj folder?

open windows event viewer, applications log, search for RadioDJ, post any error messages here.

KJZX

RadioDJ exception log is pasted above. I'm still at a loss as to what to do. 

RadioDJ 2.0.0.3 on my old Dell 7010 has been running for about five years without too many problems, but I need to port it over to a newer PC.

stevewa

i can connect remotely to your new pc to see what is happening with RadioDJ.
send me a direct message if interested.