• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Encoder Plugin in C Sharp TEST

Started by SnowHow, March 18, 2013, 07:38:12 AM

SnowHow

This is a rewrite of the encoder into C Sharp. The intent is to use less CPU and have better control over stopping and starting the encoders. It's working really well in testing, now I need others to test it out.

I'm mainly looking for two things:
1) Does it seem to use less CPU on your system, and
2) Does it seem as though it's more responsive (better control)

Unzip the file to a place it where you can get to it easily (desktop), then open Explorer and browse to your RDJ directory. Rename Plugin_Encoder.dll to Plugin_Encoder.bak and place the new file in the RDJ's folder and restart RDJ. The new dll will pick up all your settings and be ready to go.

If this works out, I have found a way to add some features (finally) that I found that are in C Sharp, mainly to do with controlling individual encoders so that you don't have to stop all of them at once.

Try it out, let me know how it goes, and thanks for your help!  :)

J-

Vanlen

Thanks for the update Snowhow.  I'll try it overnight.   FYI - I reinstalled the main pkg and replaced the pluginencoder.dll on my test box and it loaded instantly with no lag as it did in the past :cool:   Where do I enter the now_playing info or is it already internally picking that up?

Cheers

Forest Green - Music in Nature's Frequency
www.forestgreenradio.ca

SnowHow

It automatically picks up the metadatajust like the original one.

Thanks for your help!  :ok:

J-

DJ Garybaldy

Been testing just over 2 hours here everything seems to be working rather well not noticed any major spikes in CPU
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

bugBoy10

Same here!!http://www.radiodj.ro/community/Smileys/LightB/cheesy.gif

Marius

Wow, what a great feedback. I'm seriously thinking to migrate the whole program to c#.
For now i may start with the plugins.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

Vanlen

Ran overnight on the test box with no spikes and running just fine.    Is there a log file, as in seeing disconnects and drop outs over time if any?

Great job :cool:
Forest Green - Music in Nature's Frequency
www.forestgreenradio.ca

704djs

Ran it with 5 encoder ran smooth over night ran 2 encoder at 256 ran another one @ 320 and 2 at 128
Beat 94.7/Hot 107.9  fm banging the hitz that you wanna hear.

SnowHow

WOW! I agree with Marius, this is great feedback.  :)

This is just a test piece. Now that I know I have some solid code to work from, I'll concentrate on getting features added in.

Thanks everyone!  ;D

marklevinfan

Still going strong. It has been 3 days now and happy happy! :)

704djs

5 encoder running smooth 3 days later
Beat 94.7/Hot 107.9  fm banging the hitz that you wanna hear.

marklevinfan

OK noticed one problem with a fresh install of RadioDJ and the encoder. When I start RadioDJ everything loads fine, however, this plugin is loaded to where it is like a sliver on the screen and I have to drag it up like an excel cell to make it visible. Not sure what is going on but I had the original install on and then replaced. It does this on every start up. I am just trying it on a newer machine that is faster and a bit more nicer.

SnowHow

Quote from: marklevinfan on March 20, 2013, 07:42:36 PM
OK noticed one problem with a fresh install of RadioDJ and the encoder. When I start RadioDJ everything loads fine, however, this plugin is loaded to where it is like a sliver on the screen and I have to drag it up like an excel cell to make it visible. Not sure what is going on but I had the original install on and then replaced. It does this on every start up. I am just trying it on a newer machine that is faster and a bit more nicer.

This is a zone 4 bug in the main RadioDJ program. It's in the bug tracker.

J-

marklevinfan

OK so does this mean I move it to another zone?

SnowHow

Quote from: marklevinfan on March 20, 2013, 08:55:36 PM
OK so does this mean I move it to another zone?

I recommend zone 2 until it's fixed. :)

J-