• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Android Radio App

Started by stevo87, October 19, 2013, 05:31:39 AM

stevo87

I recently got a template for an android radio app, examples can be found in the google play store, search for Immense Radio or WKD FM, I am willing to make you a streaming app for free and upload it on my developer account for free providing I can place my own google adsense code on the app.
Inbox me if you want one

nikroberts

Quote from: stevo87 on October 19, 2013, 05:31:39 AM
I recently got a template for an android radio app, examples can be found in the google play store, search for Immense Radio or WKD FM, I am willing to make you a streaming app for free and upload it on my developer account for free providing I can place my own google adsense code on the app.
Inbox me if you want one
Very interested BUT explain to me the exact way the advertisements will be displayed to users?
just a little box on bottom?
pop ups?
push?
etc.
also could we have mutiple buttons? like 3 total at bottom, home - listen - events and home will go to domain.com/mobile_app/ and events go to domain.com/mobile_app/events.php?
could we have a splash screen and can i make u a icon for it?
Proudly using RadioDJ powering Indiana Talks a progressive talk radio station in Indianapolis, IN

stevo87

It would just be a small banner on the bottom,  I don't believe in push ads and all that,  they are incredibly frustrating.
The menu has buttons for Facebook, Twitter and website which can all open within the app.
Yes you can have your own icon,  background and station logo,  also make sure you send a featured image for the play store which has to be 512x512 pixels (there's a few websites online which come in useful for resizing)

creativegroup

Sounds fantastic  ;D

I have sent you a PM

:-)

stevo87

I will get back to you shortly with the image sizes :-)

stevo87

Information Required:

Station Name
Stream IP
Facebook
Twitter
Website Address (that you want the website button to point to)
Privacy Policy URL

Launcher Icon: 72x72 & 48x48 (or I can use default)
Background: 459x559 (or I can use default)
Logo: 512x512

All images need to be as PNG

If you want an app just send the above information to studio@immenseradio.com

creativegroup

Brilliant thank you!

I shall send you the relevant information at some point either today or tomorrow

:-)

maurocal

Hello stevo87,
this app can also be used for podcasting, uploading an XML file generated with Podcast Generator with all the links to mp3?
Thank you.

Mauro

stevo87

Im not sure it will play an xml file but if you had the URL of the actual mp3 (then just changed it each week) I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work, if you have the URL I will try it and see. It does support multiple stations too,  so maybe you could have the URL for the newest podcast such as 1.mp3 then previous ones named 2.mp3 3.mp3 and 4.mp3,  you would just have to rename them each time you up ad a new one but it would give people access to more than one podcast

maurocal

Hi Stevo87,
tell me how to do it too much work.  :D
I'm just kidding.
I chose Podcast generator to get all the podcasts available in time, and he does a nice job.
Look at this. (http://www.radiostudioerre.it/podcast/). I'm just beginning, now only two shows.
I tried, iTune, just indicate the feed link and works by displaying the list contained in the xml. It works as if it were a link to stream.
I ask if you can try to place the link feed.xml in the URL as if it were a streaming flow, and see if it works.
the link is this: http://www.radiostudioerre.it/podcast/feed.xml

thank you, thank you, thank you.

Mauro