• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

RadioDJ v1.6.5.7Beta released!

Started by Marius, January 27, 2014, 07:33:50 PM

Vanlen

Besides the Playlist from rotation issues, working great Marius and I just noticed the teaser in the Mood/Gender tab.  Oooooh :cool:
Forest Green - Music in Nature's Frequency
www.forestgreenradio.ca

DJ Garybaldy

Quote from: Vanlen on February 04, 2014, 01:23:58 PM
Besides the Playlist from rotation issues, working great Marius and I just noticed the teaser in the Mood/Gender tab.  Oooooh :cool:

Mood/Gender tab am I missing something?
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

TQ

A problem is only a problem if you can't find the solution.

Vanlen

QuoteMood/Gender tab am I missing something?
Just go to track import and the other tab at the top ;)

Cheers
Forest Green - Music in Nature's Frequency
www.forestgreenradio.ca

DJ Garybaldy

Quote from: Vanlen on February 04, 2014, 01:40:32 PM

Cheers

Completely missed that!  :bash:

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

TQ

Quote from: Vanlen on February 04, 2014, 01:40:32 PM

Like you say, Oooooooh, yes please

FL Coast

Quote from: KingsbridgeRadio on February 04, 2014, 01:30:53 PM
Mood/Gender tab am I missing something?

You guys really need to get out and explore a little more often.  :hihi:  That has been there since about RadioDJ v1.6.5.6Beta1.   :)
Can not wait for it to be implemented.  Marius you deserve all the recognition you receive and more, a lot more.

FC
:)    Play the Music and Have Fun!    :ok:
==================================
Fun In The Sun,  From the Florida Coast
"It is what we learn after we think we know it all, that counts."
John Wooden 1910 - 2010

ricky

i don't know how it is doing it but after i had two tracks playing i stooped the one the other one is still playing with jingles and all no data ???????just running on its one

in events it says  cannot provide enough tracks to complete the rotation
but it can play two lots ??????

chrismadog

Marius and everyone,

I've been running 1.5.6.7Beta for a few days without any issues so far apart from the events after midnight bug.

However, I have news on that bug (possibly).
For three nights each week we receive an Internet stream and on the remaining 4 we transmit the Internet stream (using A******t - brilliant ! Thanks SnowHow).
On the three receive days, there are 4 events in the first 6 hours and it works just fine. On transmit nights, there are 32 in the first 6 hours - one every 15 minutes plus 8 others.
The machine has problems every time we have to transmit the stream and that may be related to how many events that it has to process at midnight and that in turn could be related to how much RAM is in the machine.
The machine is question has 1GB of RAM. I am hopeful that when we upgrade the RAM, it will suddenly be reliably doing it all perfectly. I'm hoping so and I will let you know when I get the RAM for the machine.
To get it working after midnight on a Transmit night, I have to click on the events display bar on the main screen and then it all performs perfectly. One click and then off to bed.

Otherwise, it seems to be working flawlessly here. Quite happy :)

Thanks Marius and supporters.

Regards,
Chris
Presenter - 4SDB - Rose City FM 89.3 - Warwick, QLD Australia.
Station Engineer - http://rosecityfm.org.au
Community Radio - Bringing you the best of local radio.

TQ

Quote from: chrismadog on February 06, 2014, 12:22:06 PM
I've been running 1.5.6.7Beta for a few days without any issues so far apart from the events after midnight bug.

Hi chrismadog

I can state categorically that my own 'after midnight' issue (which manifests in the same manner as yours) was related to Google Update. When I first reported that I had discovered & resolved the cause I had disabled the scheduled tasks related to it and stopped the services.

RDJ worked perfectly from that point on until I rebooted the machine when the midnight problem reappeared.

I investigated further and discovered that Google actually install 2 services, one they claim you cannot remove. This is not the case so I have removed all reference to Google Update/snoopware and it appears the RDJ is again passing midnight without a problem.

Here is a good Youtube video that will guide you through the Google update clean-up process.

FYI, my machine is running XP 64bit with 4Gb RAM, two public mp3 streams with Icecast 2.3.2. I have around 34 events/day (24 are news). RDJ's RAM requirements are very low, about 65Mb ram and 300Mb paged. CPU peeks at about 1.5% for RDJ and 10% overall. MySQL on the other hand uses 530Mb RAM and 470Mb paged RAM (30K tracks). The biggest memory offender is Firefox with about 650Mb each for both RAM and paged memory. I also have a ton of other stuff running on this machine yet peek RAM usage is just over 2GB.

If anyone is interested in who else is snooping on your machine, check out this site, be sure to scroll all the way to the bottom of the page so that you don't miss anything.

If any of this is relevant to your problem I hope it's been of assistance.

Nick

DJ Garybaldy

Quote from: TQ on February 06, 2014, 05:03:32 PM
Hi chrismadog

I can state categorically that my own 'after midnight' issue (which manifests in the same manner as yours) was related to Google Update. When I first reported that I had discovered & resolved the cause I had disabled the scheduled tasks related to it and stopped the services.

RDJ worked perfectly from that point on until I rebooted the machine when the midnight problem reappeared.

I investigated further and discovered that Google actually install 2 services, one they claim you cannot remove. This is not the case so I have removed all reference to Google Update/snoopware and it appears the RDJ is again passing midnight without a problem.

Here is a good Youtube video that will guide you through the Google update clean-up process.

FYI, my machine is running XP 64bit with 4Gb RAM, two public mp3 streams with Icecast 2.3.2. I have around 34 events/day (24 are news). RDJ's RAM requirements are very low, about 65Mb ram and 300Mb paged. CPU peeks at about 1.5% for RDJ and 10% overall. MySQL on the other hand uses 530Mb RAM and 470Mb paged RAM (30K tracks). The biggest memory offender is Firefox with about 650Mb each for both RAM and paged memory. I also have a ton of other stuff running on this machine yet peek RAM usage is just over 2GB.

If anyone is interested in who else is snooping on your machine, check out this site, be sure to scroll all the way to the bottom of the page so that you don't miss anything.

If any of this is relevant to your problem I hope it's been of assistance.

Nick

One of the reasons I refuse to allow Google software on any of my windows installs I use Firefox if i need web access from the windows PC.

Remove any services you think aren't needed use CCleaner to disable them, It's great for stopping services you don't want to run.

There is also "msconfig" but I wouldn't recommend fixing errant services via that unless you know what you are doing.

We also disabled several Microsoft related services from starting such as Silverlight and the windows search. Which speeded up windows no end.

SnowHow

Another issue on XP that I ran into when I upgraded from SP2 to SP3 was svchost.exe (Microsoft Update) would peg my CPU at 100%. I found this guide to disable Microsoft Update and go back to Windows update and now my CPU is happy!  ;D

If Microsoft Update is attempting to run while the event is trying to run it will kill the event. A really good tool that I have on all my machines is Process Hacker. I have it running in the system tray and I can know exactly what is going on on any machine at the click of a mouse. Highly recommended!  :ok:

J-

AndyDeGroo

Quote from: TQ on February 06, 2014, 05:03:32 PM
MySQL on the other hand uses 530Mb RAM and 470Mb paged RAM (30K tracks).

I'll just repeat myself an post it here:
If you have MySQL 5.6 or later, you can reduce memory usage with these lines in your my.ini/my.cnf:

# solve high memory usage as of mysql 5.6
table_definition_cache=400
# turn off the performace_schema
# Info: http://www.chriscalender.com/?p=1278
performance_schema=0

Copied straight from my own my.ini for MySQL 5.6.12. I have many databases for my web projects besides RadioDJ database and mysqld.exe private memory is at 185MB.

To continue on off-topic: I control auto-run processes and services using Autoruns by Sysinternals (now part of Microsoft) and other tools from Sysinternals Suite to troubleshoot performance problems.

TQ

Quote from: AndyDeGroo on February 07, 2014, 03:37:05 AM

# solve high memory usage as of mysql 5.6
table_definition_cache=400
# turn off the performace_schema
# Info: http://www.chriscalender.com/?p=1278
performance_schema=0

Thanks for that. I opted not to go for disabling the performance_schema but the cache change reduced my mySQL memory requirements dramatically. I also second the use of the Sysinternals suite.

Regarding the off-topic comment, I think it would be very helpful if there was a dedicated "Tweak" topic somewhere on this board (now you're going to tell me there is one and I've missed it).

Nick

DJ Garybaldy

I've ran some tests this morning and I'm struggling to see the mysqld.exe  use more than 3,656 K of memory.

I don't know if it will work on a XP box but try upgrading your SQL to 5.6.5 I did that last week and everything seems to be a lot better no RDJ freezes everything runs smooth as.

They seem to have sorted a lot of bugs out in MySQL 5.6.5 or so it would seem.