• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Database Setup Utility Released!

Started by Marius, June 12, 2014, 06:02:54 PM

Marius

In this version i added an update feature that it should work with the betas.
There is a new tab called "Update" where the user have the option to check if the .exe and .dll files of RadioDJ are up to date and if on server there are newer files, they will be listed and the user will have the option to download and replace those files with a click.

Currently, the utility doesn't checks if RadioDJ is running, so i strongly recommend to close RadioDJ before using "Download Updates" button.

To install it, download the archive from Downloads page and extract "Database Setup.exe" to the Setup folder of RadioDJ (and replace the older one).

If the utility is running in the system tray, it will check once in 24 hours for the new file updates and add them to the queue list.

PS, IMPORTANT NOTE:

I didn't and i will not add the option to auto update the program, because it's not a good idea to close such a program in order to complete the process, so it will be the user's choice when and if it will make the update.

[attachment deleted by admin]
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

Vanlen

Forest Green - Music in Nature's Frequency
www.forestgreenradio.ca

Vanlen

Not only Brilliant but I just checked for updates and walla.  A thing of beauty :cool:

Congrats Marius

www.forestgreenradio.ca

Marius

The only problem is that it can't update itself as it runs  ;D

But i have an idea, which might work. I think that a running application can be renamed, but not rewritten, so i will simply rename the updated files with the extension ".old" in this way the user can also roll back to the previous version of file if needed.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

FL Coast

Quote from: Marius on June 12, 2014, 07:23:17 PM
The only problem is that it can't update itself as it runs  ;D

When I checked for updates, it reported an update for "Database Setup.exe".  The problem is that it will not update while the program is open, and you can not get to the update with the program closed.  ????? What is one to do?    :(

:)    Play the Music and Have Fun!    :ok:
==================================
Fun In The Sun,  From the Florida Coast
"It is what we learn after we think we know it all, that counts."
John Wooden 1910 - 2010

Vanlen

Did you download the updated new Database Setup zip from the downloads page, which is separate from the RC6 download?
www.forestgreenradio.ca

Marius

Indeed 3.6 wasn't able to update itself because when is open, it cannot be rewritten.
I released the 3.7 which will rename the existing one with the ".old" extension, so even if the application is running the update will take place, but a manual restart is needed in order to use the new version.

For computers with high security settings, it would be recommended to run this application as administrator.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

DJ Garybaldy

Just used version 3.7 it found 2 updates and downloaded and updated as it should. I think this could possibly be my favourite addition since the Auto DB back up!!

Nice work Marius!  :ok:
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

degiekes

Where is the database setup utility?

I can't find it on the downloads page under utilities.

OldGold

degiekes,  Look in your RadioDJ folder for a folder called "Setup". Have a look in that folder.

radiomaxkouvola

Well. The backup folder seems to be empty, even it takes the backup every day? I am trying to move my Radio DJ to another PC and I need the backup. I double checked the path and it's correct. Any ideas?  ???

DJ Garybaldy

Firstly don't bump old topics...

Are you running the database setup utility as administrator? I believe if its not being ran that way backups won't populate.

Does the folder you are trying to write to have the correct permissions?  Can you take a manual backup?

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

radiomaxkouvola

Quote from: DJ Garybaldy on April 22, 2020, 11:22:22 AM
Firstly don't bump old topics...

Are you running the database setup utility as administrator? I believe if its not being ran that way backups won't populate.

Does the folder you are trying to write to have the correct permissions?  Can you take a manual backup?

Sorry, this was the first one I found and I'm on kinda hurry. :/ It's the default folder C:\RadioDJv2\Setup\Backup

How does the manual backup work?

EDIT: I had to relocate the path within the utility - for some reason. Now it works. Thank you so much.  :ok:

DJ Garybaldy

Manual back you just press the backup database button on the database setup utility to take a manual backup