• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

The old WordPress plugin

Started by AndyDeGroo, July 27, 2014, 06:14:45 PM

HMC

Quote from: AndyDeGroo on July 27, 2014, 06:14:45 PM
P.S. This forum software, SMF, is a bloody c*nt. I had to rewrite this whole message just because attached file was too large. FML!

I know the feeling. That has happened to be and you lose the entire post and have to start over.
I have Lazurus extension for Chrome. So now it keeps a history of standard forms. (non sensitive fields). Check it out. It has helped me with a lot of forms so I didn't have to retype it. If you use Firefox just Google Lazrus for FF if you want to check it out.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/lazarus-form-recovery/loljledaigphbcpfhfmgopdkppkifgno
Radio DJ 1.7.5 Update with MariaDB 10

AndyDeGroo

Quote from: SnowHow on July 28, 2014, 03:47:32 AM
I haven't seen any functionality problems with the plugin. Seems to be working great.
Good to know. Did you play with database settings validation? That part had the most love and pain given with some arcane hacks to get mysql errors if RDJ connection fails.

Quote from: SnowHow on July 28, 2014, 03:47:32 AM
I did notice that when a track is requested, the requestor's name is appended to the end of the Artist/Title, but I think that's with the RDJ plugin. I would like to disable that. I don't care for that much...
The name AND message gets added to title and that is not stored in database that way. It's done in RDJ and can be controlled in Stream Titles.

Quote from: HMC on July 28, 2014, 04:08:38 AM
I have Lazurus extension for Chrome. So now it keeps a history of standard forms. (non sensitive fields). Check it out. It has helped me with a lot of forms so I didn't have to retype it. If you use Firefox just Google Lazrus for FF if you want to check it out.
I use both - Firefox and Chrome depending on mood. Thanks for suggesting Lazarus. Installed on FF. Seque: There is similar thing, but for web, named Sisyphus. I'm wondering if they are related.
I've noticed that my CPU usage goes up to 90% when I'm typing here. I though it was because of that row with animated smilies, but removing them doesn't make much difference.

SnowHow

Quote from: AndyDeGroo on July 28, 2014, 04:52:10 AM
Good to know. Did you play with database settings validation? That part had the most love and pain given with some arcane hacks to get mysql errors if RDJ connection fails.

Yes I did. I have several RDJ databases on my development machine and it validated each one no problems. In fact I messed up on the first try and didn't put the right database name in and it had no problem telling me that wasn't right!  :D

Quote from: AndyDeGroo on July 28, 2014, 04:52:10 AM
The name AND message gets added to title and that is not stored in database that way. It's done in RDJ and can be controlled in Stream Titles.

Found it. That's what I get for beta testing past my bed time....   ::)

J-

dberdi

after I installed, I due "Verify database settings", and this mesage pops out??
Could not get last played song. Have you enabled history in RadioDJ?
Now playing, top tracks and top albums won't function if history is disabled.
Please help! Can't find actual setting tu anable??

Proud user of RadioDJ.

AndyDeGroo

Quote from: dberdi on July 28, 2014, 05:24:47 AM
after I installed, I due "Verify database settings", and this mesage pops out??
What exactly is unclear about that? I'd like to know, so I can improve those messages. Any suggestions are welcome. :)

The setting the message refers to is located in RadioDJ Options > Stream Titles and "Keep History For" number of days. It should be at least 1 for plugin to have now playing and recent songs data. I've set it to 365 days in case I need older reports (copyright monitoring in Latvia is messed up).

dberdi

And after I enabled history to 1 or more days, the masag is same....

Proud user of RadioDJ.

AndyDeGroo

If your RadioDJ is playing, it should show last played song and timestamp:
Last played song: Coldplay - Green Eyes at 2014-07-28 06:55:33

Please check:
1. that you are using correct database name;
2. that history table in database is really populated;

dberdi

:bash: :bash: :bash:
I delete all histoy and history table in database was empty, and after playin for 1 or 2 song it come OK

Thanks for all help, mate!
Proud user of RadioDJ.

dberdi

Andy,
This is cool, I LOVE IT

You are Chanpion!   :cool: :cool: :cool:

Proud user of RadioDJ.

DJ Garybaldy

Just installed it. I'm waiting to test it at present seems there's a problem at our VPS provider cant get anything loaded properly on my WP site.  :bash:

Already like the new verify database settings setting.  :cool:
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

AndyDeGroo

More good news:

1. After exchanging PMs with joshuatree44 and testing the plugin on my site (hosted in Germany), I discovered that it slows down page load. It was because plugin connected to RadioDJ database on WP initialisation even if the shorcodes were not parsed. Tests showed average lag of 0.4 seconds for initial connection from my webhost to my PC.

2. Settings verification button gets disabled during ajax request to avoid subsequent requests when given mysql host takes long time to respond

3. Added connection timing to connection verification response

This is now solved by connectiong only when parsing first shortcode. File last updated @ 06:36 GMT.

joshuatree44

glad I was able to help. it is a bear that would not go down easy. I think there is more to come as time rolls on. will be glad to do my part to test future releases. OK on a note, I noticed that there was a few times that either it lost connection or something that the now playing short code would vanish and only show 0 on the page. I am assuming that it has been fixed with latest release.

SnowHow

Updated to latest release. Noticeable improvement in page load speed.

Well done! :)

J-

joshuatree44

I also noticed that as well. it loads about 2 secs faster than my now playing script from my streaming provider. I also like how we can edit things on there in the CSS. it makes things fit so so much better into the site look and feel. Now I have to figure out how I can get each element to match up on the listen live page. I dont like having it look off but not much I can do I think.

AndyDeGroo

File updated and version bumped to 0.6.0-dev4
timestamp: 2014-07-29 03:31 GMT

Changes:
Mostly cosmetic - few new classname and few thead/tbody elements in HTML tables

Although I really appreciate effort of DJ Garybaldy to popularise the new plugin on Twitter, please don't copy it to other sharing services, because it will be a major pain in the axx to support different versions with possible bugs. Especially because it is still a development version and I'm fixing and updating it as I find anything to fix.

Quote from: joshuatree44 on July 28, 2014, 07:13:00 PM
I also like how we can edit things on there in the CSS. it makes things fit so so much better into the site look and feel. Now I have to figure out how I can get each element to match up on the listen live page. I dont like having it look off but not much I can do I think.
You could edit CSS in old plugin as well, but it wasn't possible to target particular elements. I see that you've modified styles in radiodj.css file. I suggest you move your modifications to other css file for ease of upgrades. BTW, I'm curious, what css/js minification plugin are you using on your site?

I've added following in to-do list: "Option to disable built-in CSS stylesheet for users who want total control of look and feel". Then everyone will have an option to copy default stylesheet to theme and modify to their liking without worries.

Everyone should be ready for default stylesheet to change, because I'm going to rework it. I'd like to retire IDs of tables (#nptable) and use semantic classnames that are already (mostly) in place.
You can target shorcodes using:
.rdj-wrap wrapper for all shortcodes;
.now-playing wrapper for now playing shortcode;
.requests wrapper for requests shortcode;
.top-albums wrapper for top albums;

Whereas, old plugin allowed to target shortodes in general using classname .main_table and id #nptable.

Following classnames were added today:
.top-tracks;
.top-requests;
.top-artists;

I'd like to know how many of you have customised the styleshet so I can decide how to proceed with CSS modifications.