• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Send song to Twitter/Facebook/Google+/LinkedIn (and limited Instagram)

Started by Mastacheata, September 24, 2014, 03:46:25 PM

Mastacheata

The official manual Now Playing plugin makes no use of that information.

When it comes to my own plugin, I don't know if we can map the types from SAM to RadioDJ.
I might mix that up, but I think I remember that RadioDJ had no equivalent to the songtype from SAM, but instead used the categories system to separate different types of audio files.
We can definitely not map the SAM/Website input to user-defined category names, but I'll look into that and see if we can get the information from RadioDJ and work something out.
No promises, though.

marcbeinder

Quote from: Mastacheata on April 04, 2016, 06:41:17 PM
The official manual Now Playing plugin makes no use of that information.

When it comes to my own plugin, I don't know if we can map the types from SAM to RadioDJ.
I might mix that up, but I think I remember that RadioDJ had no equivalent to the songtype from SAM, but instead used the categories system to separate different types of audio files.
We can definitely not map the SAM/Website input to user-defined category names, but I'll look into that and see if we can get the information from RadioDJ and work something out.
No promises, though.

Hey ya don't know until ya try. Thanks! Keep me posted!
RiseRadio.org // Podtrics.com

Mastacheata

Took me almost 2 hours, but now it's in.
The autoconfig will only work for SIJANC?, but not for P and X as there was nothing to match that to.
Also, I'm not sure if Sweeper is the correct equivalent of Station ID, but it was the closest match from my perspective..

In the UI you have complete freedom and may select any, some or even all of the TrackTypes.
An empty selection (none selected) results in all tracks being posted.

There's one strange thing in the UI I couldn't resolve yet: Whenever you deselect the last item it automatically selects the first entry in the listbox.
If we're lucky, the invisible helper from Github will come along once more and offer a fix. ;)

marcbeinder

Quote from: Mastacheata on April 05, 2016, 12:26:35 AM
Took me almost 2 hours, but now it's in.
The autoconfig will only work for SIJANC?, but not for P and X as there was nothing to match that to.
Also, I'm not sure if Sweeper is the correct equivalent of Station ID, but it was the closest match from my perspective..

In the UI you have complete freedom and may select any, some or even all of the TrackTypes.
An empty selection (none selected) results in all tracks being posted.

There's one strange thing in the UI I couldn't resolve yet: Whenever you deselect the last item it automatically selects the first entry in the listbox.
If we're lucky, the invisible helper from Github will come along once more and offer a fix. ;)

Cool! I'll give it a shot and let ya know how it works.

marcbeinder

marcbeinder

Correction: it worked for a while but does not work now. It tweeted teasers and jingles. What should I do?

Mastacheata

You mean it worked (didn't post teasers and jingles you were playing) before and now it ignores the settings?
That sounds strange. What are the exact TrackTypes of the problematic tracks?

marcbeinder

Quote from: Mastacheata on April 06, 2016, 03:46:12 PM
You mean it worked (didn't post teasers and jingles you were playing) before and now it ignores the settings?
That sounds strange. What are the exact TrackTypes of the problematic tracks?
Correct. The track types are Jingle and Teaser

Mastacheata

I don't know why this would happen.
The field with the selected types shouldn't change unless you fiddle with the config window or load settings from file (on RadioDJ startup).

I can't force my RadioDJ into reproducing your problem either.
Maybe someone else has an idea what's wrong here.
The source code is available on GitHub, so feel free to look at it and fix problems ;)

marcbeinder

Quote from: Mastacheata on April 06, 2016, 04:28:18 PM
I don't know why this would happen.
The field with the selected types shouldn't change unless you fiddle with the config window or load settings from file (on RadioDJ startup).

I can't force my RadioDJ into reproducing your problem either.
Maybe someone else has an idea what's wrong here.
The source code is available on GitHub, so feel free to look at it and fix problems ;)

Okay. I'll set the settings and restrt RDJ. I'll see if that does anything.

marcbeinder

Mastacheata

Sorry that I can't do more for you.
Unless garbage collection is running amok here (which I have no idea how to control, if it's possible at all), I have no idea why it's doing that.

marcbeinder

Quote from: Mastacheata on April 06, 2016, 04:35:45 PM
Sorry that I can't do more for you.
Unless garbage collection is running amok here (which I have no idea how to control, if it's possible at all), I have no idea why it's doing that.
No I know. I was just saying what I was gonna try.

MDradioGuy

plugin works fine, but I can't keep it enabled

everytime it posts a tweet about the currently playing track, the plugin gets un-enabled. I have to go and enable it every time to keep it going

any thoughts on what the problem may be?

Mastacheata

We've finally released an update yesterday.
The "queue is full" problem should be solved by this update.
Now, if we encounter said queue error we'll remove all the queued updates and send the request once again.
That should get you around errorneous posts being stuck in the queue, but not around the facebook limit of 25 posts / day. (That is no error, but an official limit imposed by facebook on it's partners.)

Please note: In order to use this plugin, you need to sign up at songposter.net!
The plugin will not work if you simply enter your facebook / twitter username and password.
The username should be a number for anyone who hasn't heard anything different from me directly.