• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

What's with the karma thing?

Started by AndyDeGroo, October 10, 2014, 12:08:12 AM

AndyDeGroo

Few weeks ago I noticed that there had appeared the karma option below each profile. I couldn't find any announcement by searching, so I'm posting this.

At first I was confused, because I misread "smite"  as "smile". To be honest, I had to look up a definition of the word to understand it's meaning.
IMHO, this confusion might lead to mistakes, but I can't be sure. I accept that I deserved the -1 for being too deep up-my-ass and harsh sometimes.

rogiermaas

And yet many people (including me) very much appreciate your help in their endeavors to have RadioDJ running in their specific scenarios. Looking at your Karma, you're doing a great job!  :ok:

- Rogier
DJ Garybaldy is RIGHT! RadioDJ WILL defeat the Evil SAM!
Musicbox Live! - musicboxlive.nl

TQ

I noticed this feature too but don't agree with it's wording.

In my view, it should read 'Helpful' & 'Not Helpful' or words to that effect.

In this way it would be easier for less well versed RDJ users to find answers to their problems from others that have found the advice useful, much like stackoverflow.com

We already know that Andy is a true hero from the number of answers he provides and the depth in which he answers.

TQ
A problem is only a problem if you can't find the solution.

Marius

Those were the plugin defaults, but they can be changed. I also had to look in the dictionary for the "smite". :)
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

TQ

I see you've already made a change with the
  • & [-] symbols.

Maybe the Karma Buttons mod by Nibogo (mod=1436) would attract more action from the users as it makes the whole Karma panel more visible.

TQ

DJ Garybaldy

I had wondered where the whole Karma thing came from.....

I used to call my chameleon Karma..... he was a Karma Chameleon  :hihi: :hihi:

(For those who didn't get the gag search you tube for culture club)  :bash:
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

TQ

Marius

I don't like to mess with smf plugins. +/- is fine and i think that is intuitive.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

AndyDeGroo

Thank you, TQ and Rogier. It feels nice to be appreciated.

Quote from: Marius on October 10, 2014, 01:49:04 PM
I don't like to mess with smf plugins. +/- is fine and i think that is intuitive.
It should be intuitive for any computer literate, which most of us here should be. Although it is less visible and could be less familiar to new members without textual labels.
Is it possible to add a title attribute to those links?

BTW, I see a JavaScript error "Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined" in my browser's console when browsing forums. It looks like jQuery library is missing, but it is referenced in code for the jump-to-top button at the bottom of page. If jQuery was loaded, it should animate the jumping as smooth scroll.
Adding following line in header will fix it:

<script src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.10.2/jquery.min.js"></script>

elsilva0

Andy 21+ ^_^ . Congratulations :)

Me -2 :( i am sorry i couldn't help anyone yet :'(

elsilva0