• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Plugin REST Server for RDJ 1.7.5+

Started by Marius, November 04, 2014, 02:10:52 PM

maurocal

Thanks AndyDeGroo,
I know XP is very old.
for now we do not have the money to change their original licenses.
  Thanks again.
Mauro

TQ

If it's any help, I'm still running on XP 64bit (I know it's really a windoz server 2003 cut-down) which was cut off from updates at the same time as the 32bit version and all is well for me.

I purchased a 64bit Win7 replacement license but I just can't face rebuilding my station PC from scratch as I have sooo much else on it. I've decided to wait until I can buy a new bare-bones PC use the license on that.

TQ
A problem is only a problem if you can't find the solution.

maurocal

If it can be useful to someone, I solved my problem by installing .NET Framwork 3.5 SP1, whereas before it was only installed 3.5.

also wanted to point out:
if, while radiodj monitor is open, you squeeze Connect again, everything stops. it is necessary to terminate the process and reopen again.

If the History of radiodj is empty does not connect. you need to start at least a song or jingle to fill the History.

if you can increase the font size for someone like me who is short-sighted. :hihi:

Thanks Marius, it's a wonderful job and we will use it once in a live performance.

PS. when you talk about messages, it means that the director is able to send messages to the speaker?

Mauro

shorty.xs

Hi Marius,
to make it more secure wouldn't it be better to use basic http authentication instead of just passing User and password in the address line?
Also I guess it is a bit more handy to use, because you don't have to athenticate with every command (as far as I understood the process).

Just my 2 cents to a great new plugin!

Cheers
Malte

AndyDeGroo

Quote from: shorty.xs on November 19, 2014, 01:19:25 PM
Hi Marius,
to make it more secure wouldn't it be better to use basic http authentication instead of just passing User and password in the address line?
Also I guess it is a bit more handy to use, because you don't have to athenticate with every command (as far as I understood the process).
Great suggestion but why do you think basic authentication is any better than sending plaintext password in URL params? In essence it's the same thing only base64 encoded, which is easily reversible. The only way to secure it would be by using HTTPS or via VPN/SSH tunnelling.

AndyDeGroo

Well, I'm testing the plugin right now but I can't get ShowMessage command to do anything. It returns status code 200 but nothing is happening.
There is a message in Plugin_RestServer_log.txt stating that all went well:
Command received from auth: p@$$W0rd, command: ShowMessage, argument: Hello World!
but nothing in event logs or exceptions whatsoever.

aus10hollis

In the opening post, I missed it too, it says:
QuotePS2: The ShowMessage command will only work with the next version of RadioDJ.

I assume he's meaning it will only work in the version after 1.7.5.0

Marius

In the released versions s not implemented yet. The new version is on the way, however...  ;D
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

AndyDeGroo

Quote from: Marius on November 21, 2014, 10:16:31 PM
In the released versions s not implemented yet. The new version is on the way, however...  ;D
That's great news!

gert-jan221

I have radio dj 1.7.5 but when I connect with the rdj monitor tool I get this error:

Zie het einde van dit bericht voor meer informatie over het aanroepen
van JIT-foutopsporing (Just In Time) in plaats van dit dialoogvenster.

************** Tekst van uitzondering **************
System.OverflowException: TimeSpan is overgelopen omdat de duur te lang is.
   bij System.TimeSpan.Interval(Double value, Int32 scale)
   bij RadioDJ_Monitor.MainForm.FormatTime(Double seconds)
   bij RadioDJ_Monitor.MainForm.UpdateData()
   bij RadioDJ_Monitor.MainForm.Timer1_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   bij System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   bij System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   bij System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Geladen assembly's **************
mscorlib
    Assembly-versie: 2.0.0.0
    Win32-versie: 2.0.50727.5472 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
RadioDJ Monitor
    Assembly-versie: 1.0.0.0
    Win32-versie: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Gert-Jan/Desktop/RadioDJ%20Monitor/RadioDJ%20Monitor.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly-versie: 8.0.0.0
    Win32-versie: 8.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    Win32-versie: 2.0.50727.5467 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32-versie: 2.0.50727.5468 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32-versie: 2.0.50727.5467 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    Win32-versie: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Windows.Forms.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/2.0.0.0_nl_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Xml
    Win32-versie: 2.0.50727.5476 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32-versie: 2.0.50727.5476 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
mscorlib.resources
    Win32-versie: 2.0.50727.5472 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

************** JIT-foutopsporing **************
Als u JIT-foutopsporing wilt inschakelen, moet in het configuratiebestand voor deze
toepassing of computer (machine.config) de waarde
jitDebugging in het gedeelte system.windows.forms zijn ingesteld.
De toepassing moet ook zijn gecompileerd terwijl foutopsporing
was ingeschakeld.

Bijvoorbeeld:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Wanneer JIT-foutopsporing is ingeschakeld, worden onverwerkte uitzonderingen
naar het JIT-foutopsporingsprogramma gestuurd dat op de computer is geregistreerd
en worden niet door dit dialoogvenster verwerkt.

What do i wrong?

Energy in music! NRG Radio.

Marius

From the first page:

QuoteThe only way i could replicate the problem was to set my location to France, so it could be something related to your locales. However i fixed it.
Please download RadioDJ monitor v1.1 from here: http://www.radiodj.ro/download/beta-utils/RadioDJMonitorV1.1.zip
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

murugan

hai!
How to use REST SERVER Plugin on Raid DJ.I copy and paste plugins into plugun Folder but it doesnt work.Can Anybody help????????

Marius

If you need help, please detail the problem because no one can guess what you have there.
- What version of rdj?
- How did you tested the plugin and came to the conclusion that it don't works?
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

Jared5595

Great plugin, as well as great software! How easy would it be to implement polling to see if events are enabled or disabled? Reason I'm asking is because I do a little bit of remote broadcasting, and I use the plugin to load in the internet stream that I broadcast to from RDJ on my laptop, when I'm on location with aus10hollis' web interface. As of current, I've dusted off my very rusty CSS and HTML skills to add two buttons to the page, below the playlist to enable and disable (which does fine for what little I need it for). Anyways, I really enjoy not having to use VNC now to do remote broadcasts!  :ok:

Also, for authentication (on the web interface), I just run a small apache server on the RDJ machine with https (since I have a static IP address to assign a domain and ssl cert to, but this can be achieved easily with a free dynamic dns subdomain). I put an .htaccess on it, and now I can login from anywhere and check it securely! (I also have SFTP setup so I can manage pretty much everything remotely and safely)

Anyways, great work Marius and aus!
~Jared

aus10hollis

You can use a little bit of JavaScript to poll every few seconds and then change your button colors depending on what the response it. Just use the StatusAssisted and StatusAutoDJ REST command.