• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

RadioDJ v1.7.7 Released!

Started by Marius, January 30, 2015, 05:10:22 PM

joshuatree44

Did you remember to update the database???

jopizz

Yes, I did the database update. I'm also having issues where the instant players sometimes work, sometimes not when using them in events. I'm not seeing any errors in the Windows log.

John

joshuatree44

Did you follow the update process to a Tee? I think you must have missed something.

jopizz

I did Method 1 followed by the database update. I redid it when I started having issues. I then did Method 3 to try it with a fresh install.

John

Dragos

Quote from: jopizz on February 01, 2015, 12:56:55 AM
I am getting Artist repeats with the new version. I have the Artist field set at 360. It played the same Artist twice within an hour. The first was using a normal rotation, the second was using an event. Both have the Repeat Rules checked. This did not happen in 1.7.6.

John
Well, I had this issue in v 1.7.6 also :)
I'm trying this new version now and I'll check if it happents.
Also, Marius I have a issue with requests plugin. It ignores the repeat rules of artists and songs I set in wordpress. The same user was able to request the same song twice at a one minute difference, and RDJ broadcasted it twice.
Radio is one of the best things that happened to the world.

rogiermaas

Quote from: Dragos on February 01, 2015, 01:14:08 PM
Well, I had this issue in v 1.7.6 also :)
I'm trying this new version now and I'll check if it happents.
Also, Marius I have a issue with requests plugin. It ignores the repeat rules of artists and songs I set in wordpress. The same user was able to request the same song twice at a one minute difference, and RDJ broadcasted it twice.

Problem here is in the plugin: it looks for played artists. So if one user requests a song, it's being placed into the queue. When the track isn't played yet, anybody can request the same track, because it hasn't been played yet (which is true).
When the first song is being played, only then people can't request the song again, but the second request is still in the queue, so RadioDJ plays it a second time.

- Rogier
DJ Garybaldy is RIGHT! RadioDJ WILL defeat the Evil SAM!
Musicbox Live! - musicboxlive.nl

joshuatree44

Still sounds like you skipped a step or something. Because everyone else is having zero issues. I was able to follow things correctly. You might have not copied some file over One of the XML files. It is a bugger to get them all but that could also be the issue. Since everything is working then no need no need to belittle the problem.

Quote from: jopizz on February 01, 2015, 04:46:23 AM
I did Method 1 followed by the database update. I redid it when I started having issues. I then did Method 3 to try it with a fresh install.

John

jopizz

If this was the first time I did an update I could see that I may have skipped something but I've done this enough times that I think I have the routine down. Anyway, after doing a fresh install, another DB update and an optimize DB I didn't get any artist repeats after about two hours of testing. I will try it again today.

John

rogiermaas

We haven't updated to 1.7.7 yet, mainly because some of the plugins we use won't work with this new version. Otherwise, on a test-computer, everything works just fine like it should.

- Rogier
DJ Garybaldy is RIGHT! RadioDJ WILL defeat the Evil SAM!
Musicbox Live! - musicboxlive.nl

joshuatree44

It still sounds like you either did not copy over something or you overwrote something that you should not have. I did the same update as you and yet to have any issues what so ever. I am not saying you missed a step but I know as many times I have done this already it can be simple and easy for me to miss a step some times. It is not a huge issue. I know that when I first started and Marius and Gary and others will tell you that I was not the best either. I skipped around thinking I was the pro and did not need help. Boy was I wrong. Just take a short look at your setup and go over it slowly and make sure ever I is dotted.

Quote from: jopizz on February 01, 2015, 05:05:21 PM
If this was the first time I did an update I could see that I may have skipped something but I've done this enough times that I think I have the routine down. Anyway, after doing a fresh install, another DB update and an optimize DB I didn't get any artist repeats after about two hours of testing. I will try it again today.

John

jopizz

It's certainly possible I missed something but I'm more inclined to believe that something got corrupted during the DB update. When I first opened RDJ after the update my default rotation was completely empty. The rotation name was still there but there was nothing in it. All other rotations were ok. Instead of completely deleting it and building it from scratch I just added the items back into it. That's when I started getting repeated artists. I then deleted the rotation and rebuilt it. Since then it seems to be ok.

John

joshuatree44

yep your DB was corrupted. You must have missed the most important step of BACKING UP! I know I did before the update. That is why Marius put that in there. I was ready with several backups if I needed them.

jopizz

The odd thing was I copied the 1.7.6 files back over top of the 1.7.7 files and everything worked fine without any artist repeats. I then did a fresh install of 1.7.7 into its own directory and started getting repeats until I deleted and rebuilt the rotation. Strange.

John

joshuatree44

Yep the DB was corrupted. I would take my time next time and follow marius's steps verbatim. That is why It gets issues like this.

onno1980

Thank you, its working fine by me.

only in "playlist builder" the querty isnt working.

greets Onno