• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

RadioDJ v1.7.8 Released!

Started by Marius, February 19, 2015, 07:33:12 PM

joshuatree44

I think that was or is my issues. I wish the DB would make me a backup of my SQL file.

DJ Garybaldy

Quote from: joshuatree44 on March 14, 2015, 04:31:55 PM
I think that was or is my issues. I wish the DB would make me a backup of my SQL file.

The database setup.exe not taking automatic backups has already been reported. Until Marius releases and update you will have to do it manually by clicking on backup database. 2 second job.
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

joshuatree44

That does not work for some reason in 1.7.6 Which is very odd

DJ Garybaldy

Quote from: joshuatree44 on March 14, 2015, 04:36:47 PM
That does not work for some reason in 1.7.6 Which is very odd

Have you set a folder/path where the backup should be backed up to? That's the only reason it doesn't take one.
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

joshuatree44

joshuatree44

OK I have taken out the encoder from snowhow and using Marius's and no teasers and all is running smoothly here. Yes I am still getting stalls in the VU meters and count down clock but it is stable. I am only moving one station to 1.7.8 It is just a pain that this is happening. Also, Marius is there a way to hid the streamer? It seems like it is trying to pull from the DB and it is not responding fast enough? That little bit of stall or lag has to be somewhere. I notice it is in 1.7.6 as well. I have everything located on the same PC and RDJ folder on the main C: Drive. Wondering if it does not have enough connections? or Does not have enough memory? I am using the latest Maria stable. It acts like there is some type of just garble idea that stalls it just 1 sec. I would think you did not change the code completely from the early 1.7+ versions. So I am just trowing things out there for ideas.

joshuatree44

[mysqld]
datadir=C:/Program Files/MariaDB 10.0/data
port=3306
sql_mode="STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION"
default_storage_engine=innodb
innodb_buffer_pool_size=1013M
innodb_log_file_size=50M
[client]
port=3306

I am thinking maybe more for the buffer might help?

FL Coast

I have Windows Task Manager to backup my database every 12 hours in version 1.7.8.  Has not missed a beat yet (or backup).   :D
:)    Play the Music and Have Fun!    :ok:
==================================
Fun In The Sun,  From the Florida Coast
"It is what we learn after we think we know it all, that counts."
John Wooden 1910 - 2010

joshuatree44

Quote from: FL Coast on March 15, 2015, 04:42:43 PM
I have Windows Task Manager to backup my database every 12 hours in version 1.7.8.  Has not missed a beat yet (or backup).   :D

For some reason 1.7.6 and the DB program will not back them up. So I went back to MySQL and workbench. Now I have them.

dpearceproductions

Just updated now. Working perfectly!
Dpearceproductions
http://dpearceproductions.tk/

molnarb83

This is a bug or normal?

Playlist Builder/File/Open Playlist/Playlist from rotation

If I select a rotation which works from SQL query.... Nothing happened :(

I would like to make a chartshow with Top30 songs. Rotation from SQL Query could make this but, I can't set Voiceovers, sweepers, etc. If I can't get it at the playlist builder. :(

Capt_Fuzzy

Hey all,

I've been reading here for a while on upgrades and updating RDJ and I'm thinking I may have only one "easy" option...
I'm currently still running v1.7.2 and have enjoyed the stability immensely, but after reading all of the new goodies in the current version (1.7.8 ) I'm wanting to upgrade in the easiest and fastest way possible, the only hitch I can see to my plan is the database update procedure...  :(
If I've been reading this right, I will have to download several of the "in between" versions in order to back-up and upgrade my database to the current version. I've come to the conclusion that it would just be easier for me to do a "clean install" of RDJ v1.7.8 and the database. Of course that means I will have to import everything all over again, and with God knows how many songs, station IDs, etc., it will take a while, but so will downloading and installing all the subsequent versions to get to 1.7.8 and fully updated.

Basically, which do you all think would be the easiest way to upgrade to 1.7.8 from 1.7.2?
Steve 'Capt Fuzzy' Wade
Proud & Satisfied "Long-term" RadioDJ User
(Currently making the transition to v2)

WVRR - Ridgerunners Radio
The best mix of your favorites!

Jhonny

I think you have everything done in 5 minutes, simply by doing the orders to upgrade to 178
Make a backup of the database.
Make a folder like RadioDJ-178
Unpack the new rdj in it, copy the backuped database to the folder in c:\RadioDJ-178\Setup\Backup\
Start in the setup folder Database Setup.exe, make a new database, then restore the database from the c:\RadioDJ-178\Setup\Backup\ folder.
Then run the update querty and choose 1.7.7 UPDATE FROM  1.7.6.sql.
And your reddy to go.

If you can type with 10 fingers is done in 4.5 minutes

:hihi:
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

Capt_Fuzzy

Quote from: Jhonny on March 23, 2015, 05:06:44 PM
I think you have everything done in 5 minutes, simply by doing the orders to upgrade to 178
Make a backup of the database.
Make a folder like RadioDJ-178
Unpack the new rdj in it, copy the backuped database to the folder in c:\RadioDJ-178\Setup\Backup\
Start in the setup folder Database Setup.exe, make a new database, then restore the database from the c:\RadioDJ-178\Setup\Backup\ folder.
Then run the update querty and choose 1.7.7 UPDATE FROM  1.7.6.sql.
And your reddy to go.

If you can type with 10 fingers is done in 4.5 minutes

:hihi:
Ok, I will give this a try, hopefully I don't have any issues...  :cool:

Steve 'Capt Fuzzy' Wade

Capt_Fuzzy

Ok, I got the program itself up and running, but I do have a couple of issues:

1. The Recorder Plugin seems to be missing and I can't get it back. I use this for recording live podcasts, so it's a 'must have'.
2. The Requests Plugin seems to be missing as well.

All required files for both plugins are in the Plugins folder, they just don't seem to be loading for whatever reason. If I open my Options>Plugins dialog, they are not present in the Plugins list...  :'(

EDIT: The problem is partially solved, turns out that I somehow forgot to copy the files for the request plugin, it's working, and the recorder is also working, but I can't reassign it to the zone that I had it in before the update, the zone option is 'greyed out'.  :(
Steve 'Capt Fuzzy' Wade