• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

RadioDJ v1.8.2 Released!

Started by Marius, June 26, 2015, 10:46:57 AM

wiztstar

You may be better off the install a fresh copy of 8.2 and then import your old database. Just a suggestion.

kevinlee

Hey thank you for the suggestion.  Pardon my ignorance but how do I import my old database if you don't mind telling me how to do that

marcbeinder

Hey in the next release could slot mode colors be solid instead of gradient?
RiseRadio.org // Podtrics.com

Marius

If it would be solid, other would ask why they are not gradient and so on.
Any particular reason why gradient buttons make the program unusable for you?
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

marcbeinder

Quote from: Marius on January 15, 2016, 08:41:42 AM
If it would be solid, other would ask why they are not gradient and so on.
Any particular reason why gradient buttons make the program unusable for you?
Hi Marius,

I guess notifications for this topic were off. Sorry for the delay. I was thinking it could be an option. Like how you switch between Slot Mode and List Mode. Personal preference really.
RiseRadio.org // Podtrics.com

kevinlee

Pardon my ignorance but can someone tell me how do I import my old database iif I'm installing a fresh copy of the latest version if you don't mind telling me how to do that thank you

Capt_Fuzzy

I would say a lot of that would depend on the version you are upgrading from...
Steve 'Capt Fuzzy' Wade
Proud & Satisfied "Long-term" RadioDJ User
(Currently making the transition to v2)

WVRR - Ridgerunners Radio
The best mix of your favorites!

kevinlee

I'm upgrading from version 1.7.6

DJ Garybaldy

Quote from: kevinlee on February 04, 2016, 08:45:19 AM
I'm upgrading from version 1.7.6

QuoteB. DATABASE UPDATE PROCEDURE

Backup your database before anything!

1. Open "Database Setup.exe" (located in Setup folder);
    2. Select "Database Utils" tab and press "SELECT UPDATE FILE" button;
    3. Select "1.7.7 UPDATE FROM  1.7.6.sql" from Sql folder. (Usually: RadioDJ\Setup\Sql);
    4. Confirm the action and you're done.

The database update step is very important, without it the program will crash!
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

Radiobellissima

Hi I've just installed a new machine 1.8.2 radiodj
Loaded some pieces and station id ... made ​​a rotation as usual
song
station id
I do not automatically loads the station id , if I enter manually play regularly.
Attach database .

[attachment deleted by admin]

cutmaster

Hi Marius,
Your work on this software is definitely too good... So good that we can't wait for a new upgrade. Can you tell us why it is a so long time since the release of 1.8.2 without any new version ?
Thanks a lot :)
The Revival of WOW FM with Radio DJ

http://www.cloudrad.io/cutmaster

Best Dance Music from 80's, 90's to today

FreerunMedia

Quote from: cutmaster on February 10, 2016, 10:51:24 PM
Hi Marius,
Your work on this software is definitely too good... So good that we can't wait for a new upgrade. Can you tell us why it is a so long time since the release of 1.8.2 without any new version ?
Thanks a lot :)

Well i think when a product is (almost) perfect, you don't have to change anything. Something that other software builders do all the time witch result in something that isn't working again ;-)
Running 3 editions V1.8.2 at www.salto.nl and v1.8.2 at radio251.nl. ( NOW with 2 live studio's! )

pabloisaga

Marious, el programa anda bien, a excepcion del irrespeto a la regla de rotacion en el que en nuestra estacion tenemos una gran cantidan de artistas y canciones pero se empeña en colocar una gama de canciones de manera muy repetida y hasta repite el mismo tema 2 veces por hora cuando muy bien tiene configurado que no lo haga en menos de 2 horas.

Google translate.

QuoteMarious, the program goes well, except for the lack of respect for the rule of rotation in which our station we have a great cantidan of artists and songs but strives to put a range of songs very repeatedly and even repeated the same item 2 times per hour when well is configured not to do so in less than 2 hours.

FreerunMedia

Quote from: pabloisaga on March 06, 2016, 02:43:33 PM
Marious, el programa anda bien, a excepcion del irrespeto a la regla de rotacion en el que en nuestra estacion tenemos una gran cantidan de artistas y canciones pero se empeña en colocar una gama de canciones de manera muy repetida y hasta repite el mismo tema 2 veces por hora cuando muy bien tiene configurado que no lo haga en menos de 2 horas.

Google translate.
Quote from: pabloisaga on March 06, 2016, 02:43:33 PMMarious, the program goes well, except for the lack of respect for the rule of rotation in which our station we have a great cantidan of artists and songs but strives to put a range of songs very repeatedly and even repeated the same item 2 times per hour when well is configured not to do so in less than 2 hours.

You can try to put your artist seperation higher. The more songs you got, the higher the artist seperation should be. Got to:
"Options" > "Options" > 3rd tab "AutoDJ" > "Rotation rules". Set "Don't play same track for" 3/4 of your database ( Example: 8000 titels : 4496 minutes to seperate )
Set "Don't play same artist for" the amount you want. ( in my case 191 minutes )
Set "V" in the "Artist seperation".
Set "V" in "Reset subcategories".
As an option you can set "On play reduce priority by" an amount you like in the 4th tab. ( "Other settings" ) In my case this is 0.7 witch work very nice for me.

One important thing is that your tracks should have an artist and track title! If your tracks are named "track1" and so on, this will byte you and won't work very well. Then you have to lower the artist seperation with the problem a track will be played when you don;t want it. Also have the same name for the same song! A track with the name "Song1" and the same track also in the same directory with the name "Song 1" will be treated as seperate tracks! This way the same song can be played right after each other.

I hope you understand all this, i can't translate it so sorry in advance. Good luck!
Running 3 editions V1.8.2 at www.salto.nl and v1.8.2 at radio251.nl. ( NOW with 2 live studio's! )

kevinlee

Greetings
I am currently running version 1.7.6  I never updated to version 1.7.7 when it came out. I was looking for that version to update to and then go from 1.7.7 to 1.8.2  I was told I didn't have to do that just get the latest version and take the database update file from the sql folder in 1.8.2  Well I did that and tried to do a database update and got a error message.         

Access to the path *C:\Program Files
(x86)\Radio DJ \settings_database xml* is denied.

I followed method 1 from 1.8.2  I could be wrong but it would seem that I need to install 1.7.7 and then go to 1.8.2 but I cant find a a version of 1.7.7
That's as far as I got. can you tell me where I went wrong please and thank you

Kevinlee