• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Is it possible with the request plugin to list only specific tracks?

Started by baba, September 28, 2015, 05:06:33 PM

Marius

I think that the best solution for me is to add another field to the songs table which to enable/disable them on the website, in this way the user can filter which tracks will be displayed on the website and which not.
Do you think that this will be a useful addition?
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

DJ Garybaldy

I don't think there's any need to change anything ....

This could easily be achieved by using smart categories/sub categories and track type as other!

http://djgarybaldy.co.uk/radiodj-hide-songs-from-being-requested/

Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

TQ

For me, I want requests related to rotations which is to say, if I'm running a POP rotation I would want tracks from my Popular music or No 1's sub categories. If I were running a rock show....

I can already do this with php using a look-up list against the Show title (rotation title) which I include in the Now Playing> Web export> but a better option IMHO would be an event that would set a $variable to include the sub-categories I need for that particular show.

Am I making sense?

TQ
A problem is only a problem if you can't find the solution.

marcbeinder

RiseRadio.org // Podtrics.com

Jhonny

R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

marcbeinder

RiseRadio.org // Podtrics.com

Yvette - Hitz24

Yes, there is:

LINE 85 $srcquery = "AND id_subcat NOT IN(33,35,68)"; //search query holder

LINE 95 $srcquery = "AND (`artist` LIKE '%$srch%' OR `title` LIKE '%$srch%') AND id_subcat NOT IN(33,35,68)"; //Search artist and title

Works for us!

Yvette
Streaming Hit Music

Capt_Fuzzy

Quote from: Marius on March 06, 2016, 10:24:51 AM
I think that the best solution for me is to add another field to the songs table which to enable/disable them on the website, in this way the user can filter which tracks will be displayed on the website and which not.
Do you think that this will be a useful addition?
Most definitely!!  :cool:
Steve 'Capt Fuzzy' Wade
Proud & Satisfied "Long-term" RadioDJ User
(Currently making the transition to v2)

WVRR - Ridgerunners Radio
The best mix of your favorites!

Yvette - Hitz24

I agree with Marius. That would be very useful.

We did solve it now by rewriting a few lines in the webscript, but Marius' solution is far more user-friendly.

Yvette
Streaming Hit Music

Capt_Fuzzy

Quote from: Yvette - Hitz24 on March 07, 2016, 04:58:16 PMWe did solve it now by rewriting a few lines in the webscript, but Marius' solution is far more user-friendly.
Yup...  :cool:
Steve 'Capt Fuzzy' Wade
Proud & Satisfied "Long-term" RadioDJ User
(Currently making the transition to v2)

WVRR - Ridgerunners Radio
The best mix of your favorites!