• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

WARNING #PR_Error:

Started by Maitho, July 31, 2016, 08:58:05 PM

Maitho

Quote from: Marius on August 01, 2016, 07:16:36 AM
@Maitho: if you replaced the xml file with the default one, it was also replaced the default rotation ID. Please go to options, tracks rotations and select your default rotation and click ok. This should save it to your new xml file.

Thank you for the heads up. It's done.

Valdis

Quote from: Marius on August 01, 2016, 07:16:36 AM
@Valdis:
Since Maitho mentioned the "#PR_ERROR" identifier i searched the code to see in what block is used and i could find it only on the priority set block.
If after that, the color or other settings raised new exceptions, i can't know that, because the OP didn't mentioned them and the xml file content was posted only after my reply.  ;)

Also, keep in mind that this version of RadioDJ is has been released over an year a go. The new version has the default values hard coded and if for some reason it can't read them from the xml file, it will use them as a fallback.
@Marius:
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you in any way. I've had a long day and had become a bit grumpy.
I followed back the code execution path to find any invalid integer casts from empty string and found that the exception bubbles up from jrdjInterface.Settings.LoadSettings method, where ColorPlayed and ColorDisabled options are cast as integers but read with empty string as default value.
In general the exception from that place could occur only if settings_general.xml was empty, missing or corrupt.

@Maitho:
The AutoDJ button suggestion based on experience that users sometimes tend to miss the most obvious thing when using software. It happens to me too. However, this time the settings files may have gone missing or corrupt. But at the end of day your issue surfaced a small bug in RadioDJ which was unnoticed until now.
I'm glad I could help you and teach something new along the way.

I am, therefore I think.
I design and develop web apps, and have created few RadioDJ plugins - https://axellence.lv/downloads/

Marius

Quote from: Valdis on August 01, 2016, 12:31:56 PM
@Marius:
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you in any way. I've had a long day and had become a bit grumpy.

Don't worry, i know the feeling.  :)
Just there are times when it's hard to remember how or where i coded something over a year ago.  :D
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

neutralhills

We had some electrical storms that messed up our power last night (the week after my battery backup dies and before the new battery arrives, of course). I got this error on startup and RadioDJ hung on loading. The settings_general.xml file got messed up when the power cycled. I just had to go in and fix the file and everything worked again. If you see that error, check that your .xml files are okay in the RadioDJ directory (you have these backed up, right?)

Just the kind of problem you want to troubleshoot from a hospital bed on a tiny phone screen using Chrome Remote Desktop. Argh.
Squirrel FM : Always playing with our nuts!
www.squirrel.fm
Studio systems running RadioDJ & Rivendell (occasional only)
Flow 8 Deck & PlayIt Cartwall for live mixing and assist.
Remote systems running RadioDJ
Pioneer DDJ-SX control surface.

DJ Garybaldy

Quote from: neutralhills on May 25, 2017, 04:03:35 PM
We had some electrical storms that messed up our power last night (the week after my battery backup dies and before the new battery arrives, of course). I got this error on startup and RadioDJ hung on loading. The settings_general.xml file got messed up when the power cycled. I just had to go in and fix the file and everything worked again. If you see that error, check that your .xml files are okay in the RadioDJ directory (you have these backed up, right?)

Just the kind of problem you want to troubleshoot from a hospital bed on a tiny phone screen using Chrome Remote Desktop. Argh.

Its probably a good idea to repair the database too...

We had a power outage a while back and it corrupted the database its one of those things you can't really protect against.
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

neutralhills

Quote from: DJ Garybaldy on May 25, 2017, 04:08:44 PM
Its probably a good idea to repair the database too...

We had a power outage a while back and it corrupted the database its one of those things you can't really protect against.

Yes, good point. I just checked the DB and it's still in good shape, thankfully. It auto backs off to Google Drive every evening just to be on the safe side.

I'm a bit loopy on pain meds right now.
Squirrel FM : Always playing with our nuts!
www.squirrel.fm
Studio systems running RadioDJ & Rivendell (occasional only)
Flow 8 Deck & PlayIt Cartwall for live mixing and assist.
Remote systems running RadioDJ
Pioneer DDJ-SX control surface.

DJ Garybaldy

QuoteI'm a bit loopy on pain meds right now.

Welcome to my world I'm spaced out half the time because of my pain medication...
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11