• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Track Rotation not playing (Fixed!)

Started by thegroundfloor, August 05, 2016, 05:51:42 PM

thegroundfloor

So I've been testing Radio Dj for the last 5-6 months off and on with the hopes of using it to launch our radio streaming network.  I've been trying to test the 'Track Rotation' Feature however, i have yet to be able to get it to work.  I've set up various rotations with in the track rotation and created the actual event.  The event will count down and get to the point where it is supposed to play the rotation in question but nothing ever queues and starts to play.  I've made sure that there is music within the selected category that the rotation is supposed to pull from, yet it never does.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Marius

The playlist from the rotation is only generated only if Auto DJ is on and if the current playlist has fewer items than the rotation (test it with the playlist empty).
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

thegroundfloor

AutoDJ is currently active. When you say playlist are you referring to a playlist that was created using the playlist builder? ( just making sure I'm using the correct terminology)

Marius

In the main window you have a playlist containing the tracks what will play.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

thegroundfloor

As the time counts down to when the event is supposed to launch, nothing ever shows within the playlist, which show on the left of my screen.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Marius

Can you please check the windows event logs for RadioDJ errors and if any, post them here?
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

thegroundfloor

Subcategory ID: 31 cannot provide enough tracks to complete the rotation! (too large value for artist/track separation?) Rotation item was skipped!.
Subcategory ID: 38 cannot provide enough tracks to complete the rotation! (too large value for artist/track separation?) Rotation item was skipped!.
Subcategory ID: 34 cannot provide enough tracks to complete the rotation! (too large value for artist/track separation?) Rotation item was skipped!.

Its riddled with these errors.  I am not sure what this translates to exactly however.

Marius

Try to reset the playcount (Go to Utilities-Reset Playcount) and also reduce the repeat artist/track/album duration in options-AutoDJ.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

thegroundfloor

thegroundfloor

Marius

can i take a look via team viewer? If so, please send me to pm the login details.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

thegroundfloor

Marius

Sorted out  ;)
The music was imported in another genre than the one used in the rotation.

PS @thegroundfloor: i forgot to say, since you are playing only radio shows, which are large files, you can disable high precision cue points for them (in track details). This will speed up loading tracks a lot.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

thegroundfloor

@Marius, thanks for your help man.. you are the bomb yo!.. Probably 80% of what we play will be syndicated shows and about 10-20% actual single audio files... the audio files will be more so filler after hours or early morning... thanks again man..

thegroundfloor

you can check it out here

thegroundfloorshow.org
!! we are forever greatful..